She’s given me the ick

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Not sure if i’m childish for saying this, iv been speaking to this girl for about 2 months and she’s posted a story today which just gave me the ick. I knew she smoked weed, I do weed too but via edibles, but she posted a story on her private snap of her smoking it and it’s just put me off her because I thought it was nasty.

Might be hypocritical because I do edibles but seeing her smoking it was just nasty. I don’t really want to speak to her anymore but I don’t find her attractive. Am I being petty? Need some advice please?
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
It is a little hypocritical but it's not petty. If this is a dealbreaker for you then end it.
sufys12
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Not sure if i’m childish for saying this, iv been speaking to this girl for about 2 months and she’s posted a story today which just gave me the ick. I knew she smoked weed, I do weed too but via edibles, but she posted a story on her private snap of her smoking it and it’s just put me off her because I thought it was nasty.

Might be hypocritical because I do edibles but seeing her smoking it was just nasty. I don’t really want to speak to her anymore but I don’t find her attractive. Am I being petty? Need some advice please?
Nobody would think it's 'petty' or childish not to speak to someone who smokes weed, even though it is somewhat hypocritical.
irismcnab
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
a lot of men are put off by women smoking anything, i wonder why...
jenna.g05
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

If you got put off so quickly maybe it's just a sign that you wasn't as into her as you thought you were - but no it's not childish, some things you just won't find attractive and if smoking is a complete deal-breaker for you then maybe it's time to just cut it off.
CaptainDuckie
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by irismcnab)
a lot of men are put off by women smoking anything, i wonder why...

If the guy doesn’t smoke, and if he leads a healthy lifestyle, then you’d think he’d want someone more compatible. By contrast, if the guy smokes then he won’t think too much about it when a girl smokes. Edibles are safer (albeit this fact is still unknown) than when you inhale smoke as it has less complications, and actually there are some certain health benefits to them too. I wouldn’t say OP is being petty per say, but I wouldn’t dump someone for smoking weed. Instead, they could just be influenced to a healthier option, like edibles.
Last edited by CaptainDuckie; 3 months ago
irismcnab
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by CaptainDuckie)
If the guy doesn’t smoke, and if he leads a healthy lifestyle, then you’d think he’d want someone more compatible. Similarly, if the guy smokes then he won’t think too much about it when a girl smokes. Edibles are safer (albeit this fact is still unknown) than when you inhale smoke as it has less complications, and actually there are some certain health benefits to them too. I wouldn’t say OP is being petty per say, but I wouldn’t dump someone for smoking weed. Instead, they could just be influenced to a healthier option, like edibles.
per say? *stiffles pretentious chortle*
also edibles are NOT safer, its soo easy to get the dosage way too high compared to smoking
CaptainDuckie
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by irismcnab)
per say? *stiffles pretentious chortle*
also edibles are NOT safer, its soo easy to get the dosage way too high compared to smoking

I did say the fact is still unknown.
myhairispeng
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
She ain't no cool cucumber.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by sufys12)
Nobody would think it's 'petty' or childish not to speak to someone who smokes weed, even though it is somewhat hypocritical.
It wasn’t really the fact of her doing weed, it was more seeing her smoke it. Seemed a little nasty to me
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you find most difficult about revising?

Prioritising what to revise (12)
10.17%
Remembering what was covered in lessons (1)
0.85%
Finding the time to revise (8)
6.78%
Finding the motivation (32)
27.12%
Getting distracted (15)
12.71%
Procrastination (49)
41.53%
Having the tools you need (0)
0%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.85%

Watched Threads