username4528998
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by m_bibi)
I got an email asking for evidence on contextual data. Anyone else?
Make sure to check, the deadline is 7th November.
I did too -
Diep.io
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Got it too, came today morning
Butene
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Everyone will get that email, you only need to send anything back if you want to be considered contextually.
everythingbagel
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Would I stand a chance at being shortlisted for interview with A*AB predictions?
Butene
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by everythingbagel)
Would I stand a chance at being shortlisted for interview with A*AB predictions?
Are you a contextual applicant or just regular?
everythingbagel
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Butene)
Are you a contextual applicant or just regular?
regular
Butene
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
regular
Sadly no since it goes through a system/computer that filters out anyone who doesn’t meet the minimum requirements and rejects them, an AAA does not equal A*AB. It’s only a different matter if you were contextual.
everythingbagel
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Butene)
Sadly no since it goes through a system/computer that filters out anyone who doesn’t meet the minimum requirements and rejects them, an AAA does not equal A*AB. It’s only a different matter if you were contextual.
ah that's what I thought- my teacher said something about changing the grade by emailing unis but I honestly doubt that they would accept a grade change. They did email me about my fee status so I thought that seemed a bit hopeful but yeah I'm not too sure. Thank you for the reply anyway!
themartinipolice
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
ah that's what I thought- my teacher said something about changing the grade by emailing unis but I honestly doubt that they would accept a grade change. They did email me about my fee status so I thought that seemed a bit hopeful but yeah I'm not too sure. Thank you for the reply anyway!
Definitely email or better yet call them. But have your school/referee email/call as well saying the grade on ucas is incorrect and you are in fact predicted an A. They haven’t really started sifting through applicants yet as we’ve not even sat the BMAT, so there’s definitely still a chance. I’ve seen plenty of people getting around deadlines with a phone call/email. If you do it early enough they’re more likely to let you.

what are your other choices? It’s worth emailing them tho as most medical schools don’t accept A*AB
everythingbagel
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by themartinipolice)
Definitely email or better yet call them. But have your school/referee email/call as well saying the grade on ucas is incorrect and you are in fact predicted an A. They haven’t really started sifting through applicants yet as we’ve not even sat the BMAT, so there’s definitely still a chance. I’ve seen plenty of people getting around deadlines with a phone call/email. If you do it early enough they’re more likely to let you.

what are your other choices? It’s worth emailing them tho as most medical schools don’t accept A*AB
The grade is correct as I am currently predicted a B- it is subject to change after more maths tests though- that's why there's a chance my school could change it with the university. I did email them so hopefully I'll have more info after they respond!
I'll definitely ask my referee to email the universities as well.
Last edited by everythingbagel; 1 month ago
pepsiu
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Seriously though why is this thread so quiet haha. Just looking at the others, Anglia Ruskin has about 300 posts, Aston has over 1000. BSMS is yet to break 30
Diep.io
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by pepsiu)
Seriously though why is this thread so quiet haha. Just looking at the others, Anglia Ruskin has about 300 posts, Aston has over 1000. BSMS is yet to break 30
Maybe this year 2022 entry will be a lesser competition!
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by pepsiu)
(Original post by Diep.io)
Maybe this year 2022 entry will be a lesser competition!
Sorry to break it to the both of you, but if you look at last year's BSMS A100 thread https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6560568 by this stage in the 2021 admission cycle (24th October 2020) there were only 24 posts*!

*There were no posts between 16th and 28th October 2020!
Last edited by ecolier; 1 month ago
Diep.io
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ecolier)
Sorry to break it to the both of you, but if you look at last year's BSMS A100 thread https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6560568 but this stage in the 2021 admission cycle (24th October 2020) there were only 24 posts*!

aww shucks 😅
cheers mate!
JoshWalters
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Sorry to break it to the both of you, but if you look at last year's BSMS A100 thread https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6560568 by this stage in the 2021 admission cycle (24th October 2020) there were only 24 posts*!

what about the BMAT thread mate? its less popping than last year right?
ecolier
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by JoshWalters)
what about the BMAT thread mate? its less popping than last year right?
Correct, I had to make an additional thread for BMAT essay checking last year.

P.S. Even with the separate BMAT essay thread, by this stage last year (25th October) there were ~ 1800 posts in the general BMAT thread. But this year there have only been just over 1000.
Last edited by ecolier; 1 month ago
JoshWalters
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Correct, I had to make an additional thread for BMAT essay checking last year.

P.S. Even with the separate BMAT essay thread, by this stage last year (25th October) there were ~ 1800 posts in the general BMAT thread. But this year there have only been just over 1000.
Thank you for the sats im going to hope its less competitive this year loool last year BSMS had an all-time high BMAT cut off of 17.8 right?
ecolier
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by JoshWalters)
Thank you for the sats im going to hope its less competitive this year loool last year BSMS had an all-time high BMAT cut off of 17.8 right?
That's what I heard!
epic08
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Do we only need to reply to the email about contextual data if we meet the criteria?
So even if we aren't eligible do we have to email to say that?
Butene
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by epic08)
Do we only need to reply to the email about contextual data if we meet the criteria?
So even if we aren't eligible do we have to email to say that?
You only need to reply if you are eligible.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you find most difficult about revising?

Prioritising what to revise (10)
10.64%
Remembering what was covered in lessons (1)
1.06%
Finding the time to revise (7)
7.45%
Finding the motivation (24)
25.53%
Getting distracted (14)
14.89%
Procrastination (37)
39.36%
Having the tools you need (0)
0%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
1.06%

Watched Threads