will queens
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
Just for an idea guys: in 2019 results day was 22nd Nov, and the first interview (on TSR) was sent out on the 28th. However last year, results day was on the 27th, and the first interview wasn't sent out until the 17th December. Considering last year had delays too due to bmat technical difficulties and lots of special consideration that might be the reason. According to peter house admissions, Cambridge received the results only last night so we could be in for a bit of a wait.

Lat year they started sending out rejections quite a bit before interviews though, so no news is good news I guess.
m_bibi
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by will queens)
Just for an idea guys: in 2019 results day was 22nd Nov, and the first interview (on TSR) was sent out on the 28th. However last year, results day was on the 27th, and the first interview wasn't sent out until the 17th December. Considering last year had delays too due to bmat technical difficulties and lots of special consideration that might be the reason. According to peter house admissions, Cambridge received the results only last night so we could be in for a bit of a wait.

Lat year they started sending out rejections quite a bit before interviews though, so no news is good news I guess.
I agree . The wait for tomorrow's results though😬😭👀. I really hope everyone gets what they're happy with. Good luck tomorrow everyone!
username5851541
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Hi everyone - I hope everyone got the BMAT results they needed.

I’m a contextual data and grad applicant, how do they use BMAT for us, does anybody know?
bbuuzz
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by thamine)
Hi everyone - I hope everyone got the BMAT results they needed.

I’m a contextual data and grad applicant, how do they use BMAT for us, does anybody know?
You have a lower cut off than the non-contextual applicants - check their admission page for the cut-offs from previous years
Prajuu1350
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Praying that the cut off does not go higher this year.
24456Goo
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
same !!! I got 3.8 3.6 and 3A so i think its goodbye from me ?!!! ((
Prajuu1350
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by 24456Goo)
Do not lose hope the cutoff is determined by the scores of people who applied to BSMS this year so if a lot of people scored badly the cutoff could decrease significantly
username5851541
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Prajuu1350)
Do not lose hope the cutoff is determined by the scores of people who applied to BSMS this year so if a lot of people scored badly the cutoff could decrease significantly
I scored similarly. I’m devastated I don’t know what to do really. I’m a reapplicant too who spent months studying.
ObsidianBlue
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by 24456Goo)
I got the exact score are you also contextual by any chance?
24456Goo
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ObsidianBlue)
I got the exact score are you also contextual by any chance?
no loool !! Im not contextual for bsms but i am for leeds !!
I really hope we make it !! But im not too sure !! i hope the cut off is 14.7 !!
roda.1470
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Hi, can someone help please i got 5, 3.2, 3A which is 16.2 total. I am a contextual applicant and have special consideration. Last year their cut off for contextuals was 16.4! How likely is it, I will get an interview? Will the cut off decrease or increase based on this years results?
roda.1470
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Does anyone also know how special consideration is used at bsms, would they lower the cut off for you? Surely, that'll be hard with loads of ppl having special consideration this year
wajeeh1364
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Hi, are our BMAT scored shared automatically with the university or do we need to send them in ourselves? I tried looking for BSMS on the Metritests score sharing page but I couldn't find it, not sure what to do
Ah1236
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
When do bsms send interview invites?
anonmedic14
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Has anyone been told that they meet the requirements for a guaranteed interview but haven’t done so great on bmat but applied for special consideration?
anonmedic14
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Also, I spoke to admissions a few days back and they said to expect to hear back about interviews at the end of December
floralpink
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by anonmedic14)
Also, I spoke to admissions a few days back and they said to expect to hear back about interviews at the end of December
Oh man thats ages awayy 😭
Hadriojon
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
i got a combined score of 16.7. what are my chances?
sx12333
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Hadriojon)
i got a combined score of 16.7. what are my chances?
Sameee but I’m contextual… hopefully it’s enough
will queens
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
5.2, 3.3, and 4.5A. Gives me 18 so I'm really hopeful. As long as the cutoff doesnt go even higher than last year.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you find most difficult about revising?

Prioritising what to revise (10)
10.64%
Remembering what was covered in lessons (1)
1.06%
Finding the time to revise (7)
7.45%
Finding the motivation (24)
25.53%
Getting distracted (14)
14.89%
Procrastination (37)
39.36%
Having the tools you need (0)
0%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
1.06%

Watched Threads