Brighton and Sussex Medical School A100 2022 Entry

Watch
rubab zafar
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Im an international student! Got 4.8, 5.7, 3A
Total score 18.5
Any chances?
will queens
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by rubab zafar)
Im an international student! Got 4.8, 5.7, 3A
Total score 18.5
Any chances?
the honest answer is nobody knows, last year you would've been just short (cutoff for home applicants was 17.8, international was 18.8), the year before you would've been fine (home was 14.7, international was 15.8)

I think you've definitely got a chance, I don't think the cutoff would go TOO much higher than 18.8 in a worst case scenario, having looked at the distributions on the websites, and considering all the extra factors this year I would say more likely it will be somewhere in that 17-19 range

I'm 18 home so I'm there with you.
Anon0907
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonmed9879)
I’ve been so down. I’ve got 12.9 BSMS score and contextual. No chance for me. I sat it in the first sitting and looks like those scores are lower. I am heartbroken.
Does anyone have advice ?
will queens
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonmed9879)
I’ve been so down. I’ve got 12.9 BSMS score and contextual. No chance for me. I sat it in the first sitting and looks like those scores are lower. I am heartbroken.
(Original post by Anon0907)
Does anyone have advice ?
Contextual applicants have lower cutoffs right? You might make it then. If the cutoff is like last year (17.8) then maybe not, but in 2020 it was only 14.7 for non contextual! There's definitely a chance, don't lose hope yet.
Anon0907
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by will queens)
Contextual applicants have lower cutoffs right? You might make it then. If the cutoff is like last year (17.8) then maybe not, but in 2020 it was only 14.7 for non contextual! There's definitely a chance, don't lose hope yet.
Thankyou you’re so sweet xx
Butene
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Does anyone here have special consideration for the BMAT?
Rozh11
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
does anyone know what BSMS assess at their interviews?

I have a score of 20.6 and I am contextual, so I think it is safe to say that I will get an interview there
Falsewalker
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
This isn't super applicable since it's based off stats from UCL, but I found this kind of interesting and might well go for BSMS as well.

The average applicant scores from this year appear to be a good bit lower than last year.

Higher than those who took it in 2019 for sure, but still a good bit below last year's.
Average applicant score this year is 4.5, 4.4, 3.0A, whereas 2021 was 4.8, 4.8, 3.1A.

Judging from that, if I were to wager on this year's BSMS cutoff I'd say it may well be lower than the previous year's. Following the trend along the years for UCL shows that if BSMS's stats are in any way similar, we'll likely end up about halfway between 2020 and 2019 for the cutoff. All speculation, but might bring some hope to those worried over their scores due to last year - thought I'd share, why not!

Hope you're all doing well, best of luck to everyone
floralpink
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Anyone heard back yet? Oxford lot have already heard back
Falsewalker
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by floralpink)
Anyone heard back yet? Oxford lot have already heard back
I haven't seen anyone who has so far - if they have, it's a very small minority. Think BSMS tends to send out their interview invites fairly late, majority of interviews will take place in january so chances are invites will come out late december.
akaaa
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Does anyone know a number or email for BSMS that works because I’ve tried a few numbers and they’ve all put me forward to another number. The admissions email just says applications are closed etc.
So I’m not sure what to do
roda.1470
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by akaaa)
Does anyone know a number or email for BSMS that works because I’ve tried a few numbers and they’ve all put me forward to another number. The admissions email just says applications are closed etc.
+44 1273 643528
akaaa
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by roda.1470)
+44 1273 643528
Thanks but I’ve already tried this number
Last edited by akaaa; 1 month ago
Anon0907
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by akaaa)
Thanks but I’ve already tried this number
Let me know if you manage to get through. I too have sent an email with no response yet.
Rozh11
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by roda.1470)
+44 1273 643528
(Original post by akaaa)
[email protected]

I have contacted them previously with that email Address
Anon0907
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Rozh11)
[email protected]

Yep me too!
Anon0907
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
[email protected]

Yes! Me too!
akaaa
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
[email protected]

I've just sent an email to this address and then I got the automated message saying applications are closed.
Last edited by akaaa; 1 month ago
akaaa
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anon0907)
Let me know if you manage to get through. I too have sent an email with no response yet.
I have another number to try so hopefully I can get through, but i'll let you know if they reply
Anon0907
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by akaaa)
I've just sent an email to this address and then I got the automated message saying applications are closed.
I sent it about a week ago. I’ll also let you know what happens thanks!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (16)
6.96%
October 2021 (112)
48.7%
November 2021 (23)
10%
December 2021 (31)
13.48%
January 2021 (20)
8.7%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (22)
9.57%