LidaH
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Mango202203)
Hi does anyone know if the interview invites for international students are given in batches?
I know from my son’s friend - last year he got an invite end of Nov. He was intl. Each fee category is assessed separately.
emilylhorrocks
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi i was wondering if anyone knows the ratio of RUK interviews to offers for 2020/21? I can only find earlier data which i feel might be quite outdated due to the surge in medical applicants last year (and this year)
bts120613
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by hinwit)
Does anyone know when interview invites might come out?
They're sending them out already, my friend just got an invite
maccallum
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by bts120613)
They're sending them out already, my friend just got an invite
My daughter just had in invite too, interview on 9th December

5As at Higher (Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Maths and Computing Science)
AA predicted Advanced Higher (Biology, Chemistry)
A predicted crash Higher in Psychology
2550 band 3, but Contextual so +10% is 2805

She is contextual for some others but at Dundee I think it would need to be added by hand after reading the reference.
RubySea
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Omg i just got my interview invite im so happy!!!
7As Nat 5
5As Higher
AAB Advanced Higher
2830 B1 UCAT
Student13519
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Did u get it today?
TheEgg
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
All I’ve had is an “updating our software” email and my heart jumped out my chest!
Can someone please explain contextual offers and if they would apply to RUK students?
emilylhorrocks
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by TheEgg)
All I’ve had is an “updating our software” email and my heart jumped out my chest!
Can someone please explain contextual offers and if they would apply to RUK students?
If you meet the widening access criteria you’ll be eligible for the contextual offer in RUK. For dundee this is 10% increase on UCAT, 10% increase on interview score, and slightly lower minimum entry requirements. I think the rest of the info (like who is eligible) is available on their website.
TheEgg
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by emilylhorrocks)
If you meet the widening access criteria you’ll be eligible for the contextual offer in RUK. For dundee this is 10% increase on UCAT, 10% increase on interview score, and slightly lower minimum entry requirements. I think the rest of the info (like who is eligible) is available on their website.
Thank you so much!!!
Nm12
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi I’m still waiting on hearing back from Dundee and I’m a bit worried because I know a lot of people already have their interview dates. I have 6 highers at an A and am doing adv Chem and bio, and higher psychology (all aiming for As). My UCAT was 2510 and band 2 which I know is lower than a lot of people, I’m wondering if anyone else is still waiting.
Leo577
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Nm12)
Hi I’m still waiting on hearing back from Dundee and I’m a bit worried because I know a lot of people already have their interview dates. I have 6 highers at an A and am doing adv Chem and bio, and higher psychology (all aiming for As). My UCAT was 2510 and band 2 which I know is lower than a lot of people, I’m wondering if anyone else is still waiting.
yeah I'm still waiting. UCAT 2660 (graduate). Not overly hopeful but time will tell
loveforchelsea
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Nm12)
I'm waiting as well man. I have a UCAT of 2710 & B3, 90.6% in the Indian XII assessment (That's equivalent to the A level score of A*A*A*A*) and 86.6% in X assessment(That's equivalent to GCSEs score of 9999999999). I'm an international student btw
emilylhorrocks
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Nm12)
a lot of the interviews given out have been the very top people and contextual offers, they’ll still be releasing some for ages
loveforchelsea
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Just received an interview invite from the University of Dundee! Have booked it for the 14th of December.
vaish20004
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by loveforchelsea)
Just received an interview invite from the University of Dundee! Have booked it for the 14th of December.
Thts amazing!
DCoutts03
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
What time did everyone receive their interview invites?
Last edited by DCoutts03; 2 weeks ago
DCoutts03
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
And did your invite say how long the interview period was?
iqbalms
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by emilylhorrocks)
a lot of the interviews given out have been the very top people and contextual offers, they’ll still be releasing some for ages
Interview invites are randomly given out....
Hatdex
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Any rejections yet?
hinwit
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by iqbalms)
Interview invites are randomly given out....
I don't think it's random. A lot of us grad applicants received an invite at the exact same day and time.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you find most difficult about revising?

Prioritising what to revise (10)
10.75%
Remembering what was covered in lessons (1)
1.08%
Finding the time to revise (7)
7.53%
Finding the motivation (23)
24.73%
Getting distracted (14)
15.05%
Procrastination (37)
39.78%
Having the tools you need (0)
0%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
1.08%

Watched Threads