future_11
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by PDQ2003)
Is there anywhere that I can find the usual number of places available on courses please? I’ve done loads of research, pretty much decided EH would make the list and then found they offer between 15-30 places to their top applicants??
it's technically the same applicant: offer ratio as any other medical school. it obviously just looks scary because its only 15. I read somewhere they had about 250 applicants last year.
Last edited by future_11; 3 weeks ago
GANFYD
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by PDQ2003)
Is there anywhere that I can find the usual number of places available on courses please? I’ve done loads of research, pretty much decided EH would make the list and then found they offer between 15-30 places to their top applicants??
You can check websites and FOIs

For 2021, Edge Hill had 19 places; 311 Applications; 107 Interviews and made 28 Offers.
They did make 40 offers for 2020 entry, but were obviously more sensible than some about over-offering last year!

So an applicant to offer ratio of about 11 and an interview to offer ratio of 26%

UCL had an applicant to offer ratio of 3.7 last year and interview to offer of 89%; Barts was 2.8 and interview to offer 73%; Liverpool 5.7 and 29%; UEA 3.5 and 69% (all Home applicants), to give you some comparisons
MedMom
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Sorry I am confused, this has only 15 places?
Last edited by MedMom; 2 weeks ago
Mateenj
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi planning to apply for 2022
How is ur experience soo far
Is it too competitive to get in
Share ur experience asap
GANFYD
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by MedMom)
Sorry I am confused, this has only 15 places?
Well, according to the post above yours, 19 for 2021 entry. What is confusing?
glabib
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I can't decide between Plymouth (cutoff 2400) or Edge Hill (cutoff 2500) and I have 2460 I know both are subject to change but with increased competition for both I can't tell which is 'safer'? Plus the fact there's only 30 places max for home students is it worth applying?
Leaf.
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by glabib)
I can't decide between Plymouth (cutoff 2400) or Edge Hill (cutoff 2500) and I have 2460 I know both are subject to change but with increased competition for both I can't tell which is 'safer'? Plus the fact there's only 30 places max for home students is it worth applying?
Edge hill have very low intake compared to other med schools from home that’s what I heard
YoungEmrys
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I was literally just about to send off my application and this thread is making me reconsider :0. But tbh I don't think I'm eligible to apply elsewhere if I wanted to switch to another uni so I think I'll just take the gamble lol
glabib
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by YoungEmrys)
I was literally just about to send off my application and this thread is making me reconsider :0. But tbh I don't think I'm eligible to apply elsewhere if I wanted to switch to another uni so I think I'll just take the gamble lol
what makes you think you're not eligible for anywhere else?
YoungEmrys
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
what makes you think you're not eligible for anywhere else?
Because I'm a resit student and my CAGs were low so even some unis who do accept resits won't accept me as they need a certain grade on the first attempt. Bit of a crappy situation tbh
glabib
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by YoungEmrys)
Because I'm a resit student and my CAGs were low so even some unis who do accept resits won't accept me as they need a certain grade on the first attempt. Bit of a crappy situation tbh
omg me tooo im legit in exactly the same situation!! can i pm u lol
YoungEmrys
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
omg me tooo im legit in exactly the same situation!! can i pm u lol
yes of course
saharali005
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Does anyone know when they offered interviews last year? I’ve been looking and couldn’t find it 😭😭😭
goldensky
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by saharali005)
Does anyone know when they offered interviews last year? I’ve been looking and couldn’t find it 😭😭😭
I had a look and the earliest I found was December
Sm248159
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 hours ago
Hi guys, I’m a medical student rep studying at Edge Hill, so any questions just give me a shout
Sm248159
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 hours ago
I got mine in December 😁

(Original post by saharali005)
goldensky
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 hour ago
(Original post by Sm248159)
Hi guys, I’m a medical student rep studying at Edge Hill, so any questions just give me a shout
How are you finding the course?
I went to the open day and they said they do team based learning, is it similar to pbl?
What is an average week like?

Asking a few questions haha
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (312)
57.99%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (76)
14.13%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (59)
10.97%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (45)
8.36%
I haven't started researching yet (26)
4.83%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (20)
3.72%

Watched Threads