Leaf.
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by username341167)
It said on track
**** just seen it. Bloody hell that’s an average of 655…
goldensky
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 weeks ago
Just got rejected on track : (
I was below the UCAT threshold for this year (2620)
Good luck to the rest of you : )
I wish you all the best!
Aw im sorry
Best of luck for your other unis!!
goldensky
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Leaf.)
**** same here. But I had UCAT of 2650 I think it was. So not sure why I was rejected???

How did you know it was due to UCAT??
Did you get rejected with a ucat of 2650?
YoungEmrys
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
I wish you all the best!
Omg I have a UCAT of 2630, pretty much a guaranteed rejection for me then
Leaf.
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by goldensky)
Did you get rejected with a ucat of 2650?
No sorry for any confusion, I actually forgot what my ucat was, I just assumed my average was higher than 2650 but actually it isn’t meaning my ucat was lower than 660
YoungEmrys
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
I wish you all the best!
(Original post by Leaf.)
**** same here. But I had UCAT of 2650 I think it was. So not sure why I was rejected???

How did you know it was due to UCAT??
Good luck to the both of you with the rest of your applications. I'll be praying for you guys, hopefully we all get in : (
YoungEmrys
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
I wish you all the best!
Just to clarify- did you have a UCAT of 2620 and get rejected? Or was the threshold 2620?
Leaf.
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by YoungEmrys)
Just to clarify- did you have a UCAT of 2620 and get rejected? Or was the threshold 2620?
Sorry! Basically threshold was 2620 and I was indeed below it . Anyone above, I guess will automatically progress onto next stage.

Good luck for those above the threshold, hope you all smash it!
goldensky
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Leaf.)
No sorry for any confusion, I actually forgot what my ucat was, I just assumed my average was higher than 2650 but actually it isn’t meaning my ucat was lower than 660
Ah okay, best of luck with rest of your unis!! You’ve got this
YoungEmrys
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Leaf.)
Sorry! Basically threshold was 2620 and I was indeed below it . Anyone above, I guess will automatically progress onto next stage.

Good luck for those above the threshold, hope you all smash it!
Thank you very much, wishing you all the best with your other applications!
YoungEmrys
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
I've copy & pasted Edge Hill's selection process below. Is it safe to assume from this (& the bits in bold) that everyone who has a UCAT of over 2620 will be invited to interview?

Stage 1: Application Screening Against the Standard Academic Criteria
All applications will be screened to determine whether they meet the standard academic criteria. Applications which do not meet the minimum eligibility and academic criteria will not be progressed to the next stage.

Stage 2: UCAT Ranking
Applicants who meet the minimum academic criteria will be ranked according to their UCAT scores. A UCAT threshold will be set depending on the number of interviews to be held.
Applicants who meet the UCAT threshold will be invited to interview.

Stage 3: Interview
All candidates who progress from stage 2 will be required to attend interview.
Fl0wer
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
I would assume so but I'm not sure how thy processed applicants last year. Does anyone know when invites for interview came out in previous years?
Fl0wer
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Fl0wer)
I would assume so but I'm not sure how thy processed applicants last year. Does anyone know when invites for interview came out in previous years?
December was when interviews came out last year.
epicgamer100
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by YoungEmrys)
I've copy & pasted Edge Hill's selection process below. Is it safe to assume from this (& the bits in bold) that everyone who has a UCAT of over 2620 will be invited to interview?

Stage 1: Application Screening Against the Standard Academic Criteria
All applications will be screened to determine whether they meet the standard academic criteria. Applications which do not meet the minimum eligibility and academic criteria will not be progressed to the next stage.

Stage 2: UCAT Ranking
Applicants who meet the minimum academic criteria will be ranked according to their UCAT scores. A UCAT threshold will be set depending on the number of interviews to be held.
Applicants who meet the UCAT threshold will be invited to interview.

Stage 3: Interview
All candidates who progress from stage 2 will be required to attend interview.
I would assume so, and if that were the case then I'd be invited (UCAT 2780). But if it were ordered that simply, surely the interviews would be sent out earlier? (considering the threshold is already set in stone)
mjay738
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
wait, so some rejections have already been sent out? : (
goldensky
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by mjay738)
wait, so some rejections have already been sent out? : (
Yep apparently the cut off is 2620
mjay738
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by goldensky)
Yep apparently the cut off is 2620
oh, wow. thank you
YoungEmrys
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by epicgamer100)
I would assume so, and if that were the case then I'd be invited (UCAT 2780). But if it were ordered that simply, surely the interviews would be sent out earlier? (considering the threshold is already set in stone)
I don't think that'd necessarily be the case because they still need to rank applicants who've met the threshold so they can confirm the order they interview in, sort out dates for each interview etc so who knows.
mjay738
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Hii, does anyone know if Edge Hill send their interviews in batches, all at once, or rolling?
goldensky
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
I got an interview!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you find most difficult about revising?

Prioritising what to revise (10)
10.64%
Remembering what was covered in lessons (1)
1.06%
Finding the time to revise (7)
7.45%
Finding the motivation (24)
25.53%
Getting distracted (14)
14.89%
Procrastination (37)
39.36%
Having the tools you need (0)
0%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
1.06%

Watched Threads