removed as posted twice by accident and don’t want to spam
Last edited by _onyourleft; 2 weeks ago
_onyourleft
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi,
I qualify for a WP flag, but following a meeting with my curriculum advisor am a wee bit confused as to how I apply. They seem to think I need to fill out a separate form as at Newcastle Uni, however I can’t seem to see anything on the website. Does anyone know anything about this? Is it more like Nottingham where you’re automatically flagged due to postcode?
Thanks
Last edited by _onyourleft; 2 weeks ago
kadiata
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
hi everyone, I'm an EEA national w settled status, living in England - how am I considered when applying?

I'm under the impression that I'll be considered as a Home student, so should be paying the same as other Scottish students and considered a Scottish student when applying with regards to UCAT etc.

Is this correct? I feel like I'm severely mistaken - it sounds too good to be true lmao
Hazard0202
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by _onyourleft)
Hi,
I qualify for a WP flag, but following a meeting with my curriculum advisor am a wee bit confused as to how I apply. They seem to think I need to fill out a separate form as at Newcastle Uni, however I can’t seem to see anything on the website. Does anyone know anything about this? Is it more like Nottingham where you’re automatically flagged due to postcode?
Thanks
I also qualify for WP plus flag. Just email them. They were ever so helpful when I contacted them.

I wasnt asked to fill out a form and if you look at website, it seems to imply the flag is added automatically
_onyourleft
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Hazard0202)
I also qualify for WP plus flag. Just email them. They were ever so helpful when I contacted them.

I wasnt asked to fill out a form and if you look at website, it seems to imply the flag is added automatically
ah right that’s great thanks
rmirg
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi, thinking of applying here as a grad so a-levels and gcse's won't be considered- I achieved a high 2.1 but 2400 band 3 in ucat (might get an annotation added). I'm from the rest of the UK and also qualitfy for a WP flag, do you think it's too risky to apply here GANFYD ?
canberra456
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi! Does anyone know if Edinburgh offers dissection or prosection?
becausethenight
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by IbNewbee2021)
Do I stand a chance for Edinburgh? Do they like the IB?
My stats are:

UCAS 264

GCSEs 99999999888A*, A* in French , sat it earlier
Predicted grades
IB score: 43
HL 776 (Geography,Chemistry,Biology)
SL 776 Maths, English Literature, Spanish

UCAT 2840 band 1
VR 610
DM 710
QR 650
AR 870
SJT Band 1

Shadowing doctor, hospital, volunteer at vaccination center, research lab experience, tutoring, starting at a care home soon
No contextual
As a non-Scottish student, I think unfortunately your UCAT score would have been below their cutoff last year?
Anonoevcor
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Last minute panic here!!!! Would really appreciate some guidance as have researched this to death and not a clue whether to apply to st Andrew’s or Edinburgh or neither!!!

Ucat 2580 (will be annotated)
SJT band 1
5 highers ag A
3 Adv at A, B, B

Any hope whatsoever of an interview? Scottish applicant.
Last edited by Anonoevcor; 1 week ago
SWest77
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonoevcor)
Last minute panic here!!!! Would really appreciate some guidance as have researched this to death and not a clue whether to apply to st Andrew’s or Edinburgh or neither!!!

Ucat 2580 (will be annotated)
SJT band 1
5 highers ag A
3 Adv at A, B, B

Any hope whatsoever in an interview? Scottish applicant.
Edinburgh is very UCAT heavy, and I'm not saying that you have no chance at all of interview, because your band 1 is great, but st andrews might be a better option for you with your score as long as your work experience is good as their cut off will probably be around the 2400s. Your grades are great though!
Last edited by SWest77; 1 week ago
Anonoevcor
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by SWest77)
Edinburgh is very UCAT heavy, and I'm not saying that you have no chance at all of interview, because your band 1 is great, but st andrews might be a better option for you with your score as long as your work experience is good. Your grades are great though!
Thank you so much for such a quick reply!! Really appreciate it :-)
Candidate131
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 32 minutes ago
Hey, I have applied to Edinburgh University for medicine as I had no better option for my 4th choice. I qualify for a WP plus flag according to their website and I will apply as a graduate, UCAT 2570 (2827 with WP), Band 2 and predicted a 1st in Bsc Medical Sciences. Does the plus flag mean that I will definitely receive an interview from Edinburgh because to me that sounds a bit too good to be true? If that is the case do my qualifications assuming I get that 1st give me a shot at being accepted?
abh27sss
Rep:
?
Report 7 minutes ago
(Original post by Candidate131)
Hey, I have applied to Edinburgh University for medicine as I had no better option for my 4th choice. I qualify for a WP plus flag according to their website and I will apply as a graduate, UCAT 2570 (2827 with WP), Band 2 and predicted a 1st in Bsc Medical Sciences. Does the plus flag mean that I will definitely receive an interview from Edinburgh because to me that sounds a bit too good to be true? If that is the case do my qualifications assuming I get that 1st give me a shot at being accepted?
Grad+ plus flag here!

I think you're right about definitely receiving an interview given the info on the website. I think in the end, getting an offer is based on your ucat score (2827+B2) plus your degree plus your interview performance. A first will definitely be an advantage but it will not guarantee an offer.

Hope that helps.
Anonoevcor
Rep:
?
Report 6 minutes ago
Yup you’ll get an automatic interview, most Scottish universities have that policy for WP medicine. Good luck!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (313)
57.86%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (76)
14.05%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (61)
11.28%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (45)
8.32%
I haven't started researching yet (26)
4.81%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (20)
3.7%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed