They used 8 GCSEs last year, I believe
and it was scored out of 24 right? x
golden_jams
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Hey guys,
For the past week I've been trying to submit my A2L form but the site keeps saying there's a technical error. Has this happened to you too?

If by the end of October the problem is still persisting I plan on submitting the form by email.

Are you also having the same issue?
liamsamuels
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by golden_jams)
Hey guys,
For the past week I've been trying to submit my A2L form but the site keeps saying there's a technical error. Has this happened to you too?

If by the end of October the problem is still persisting I plan on submitting the form by email.

Are you also having the same issue?
Hi, I've also been trying to submit the form but have been experiencing the same technical issue. I emailed them this morning and received an automated response - "We are aware that there is a technical issue for some applicants when trying to submit the form, this is being investigated. Please hold on to your application form for now and you will be able to upload once this has been rectified". I thought I was the only one having the issue!

Hopefully it'll all be sorted soon
benmathewjoseph
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I keep seeing the

(Original post by sunflower1p)
I emailed them about the process and this is what they said
Scoring

On receiving the application the initial shift looks at academic background and BMAT score. We add the marks for GCSE or AS (whichever is the higher of the 2) with the marks for predicted or actual grades at A Level to give a total of 32 points for exams.

GCSE = 9/8/A* = 3, 7/A = 2, 5/6/B = 1

The highest score for GCSEs is 24 points for 8 A*s (including English, Maths, and Double Science or Chemistry and Biology) or 24 points for 3 grade As at AS (including Chemistry or Biology).

The predicted grades (supplied by your school/college) are scored out of 8, with 8 points awarded for AAA. The standard offer for Leeds is AAA at A2 including chemistry or Biology with either Maths or Physics. A fourth AS-level would not be academically scored therefore the presence/lack of a fourth AS would not affect an application.

BMAT scores are ranked at Leeds. The top scoring 20% (only those who applied to Leeds) are given 5 points, with 1 point being given to the bottom 20%.

This score is added to the overall academic score. Applications are ranked again with the top 1000 being called for interview.

There are 8 stations for the MMI interviews with marks awarded for 3 attributes per station. Communication skills are marked on all stations. Points for each attribute range from 1 (poor) to 4 (excellent).

The percentage weightings are as follows for the initial sift of applications:

GCSE or AS – 64.9%

A2 – 21.6%

BMAT – 13.5%
I just wanted to clarify the difference between as level grades and predicted, I thought they were the same thing. Is AS grades the grades that you probably achieved from the year 12 end of year mock, or is it the same as predicted.
Bubblemind200
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by mmmrrrccc)
Would these stats be okay?

GCSE - 1A*, 8A’s, 1B
A level - AAC
Degree - first class achieved
Depends on your A-level subjects and degree

Their website states 'A 2.1 or greater in an undergraduate degree which contains the equivalent of level 3 Biology or Chemistry plus 3 A levels at grade C or above. A 2.1 or greater in a degree without level 3 Biology or Chemistry will require a B or above in Chemistry or Biology, and C or above in 2 other subjects. If Chemistry is not offered then Physics or Maths must also be offered to grade B or above.'
Angiogram1
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by benmathewjoseph)
I keep seeing the

I just wanted to clarify the difference between as level grades and predicted, I thought they were the same thing. Is AS grades the grades that you probably achieved from the year 12 end of year mock, or is it the same as predicted.
No AS levels are a formal set of exams taken at year 12 which used to be taken in England and are still taken in some countries such as NI and Wales (I think they still take them)
amirhabib13
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I'm thinking of putting Leeds down since I didn't do too well in the UCAT but am hoping to do better in the BMAT. I'm a gap year student and failed to get in last year due to the interview .... whats the interview process like at Leeds...?

The odds are dismal just like all the universities - everyone fighting over the few places offered and with more people applying this year its every worse. Any help on the interviews will really be appreciate?..
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by amirhabib13)
...Any help on the interviews will really be appreciate?..
For the second time, use the TSR medicine interviews thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=7094579

It's free and staffed by med students, doctors, interviewers etc. Ask all the Qs you like.
SyedN
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by amirhabib13)
I'm thinking of putting Leeds down since I didn't do too well in the UCAT but am hoping to do better in the BMAT. I'm a gap year student and failed to get in last year due to the interview .... whats the interview process like at Leeds...?

The odds are dismal just like all the universities - everyone fighting over the few places offered and with more people applying this year its every worse. Any help on the interviews will really be appreciate?..
I believe no one is allowed to tell you anything specific about the interviews or the questions they ask other than publicly available information.

I think Leeds have said this year the interviews will be online and will be in an MMI format.
amirhabib13
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by ecolier)
For the second time, use the TSR medicine interviews thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=7094579

It's free and staffed by med students, doctors, interviewers etc. Ask all the Qs you like.
Sorry just saw the first message...
mdolphin
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Hi guys, would it be worth me applying to Leeds?
My GCSE'S are all 9's and my a level predicitions are A*A*A

What would my leeds score be?
SyedN
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by mdolphin)
Hi guys, would it be worth me applying to Leeds?
My GCSE'S are all 9's and my a level predicitions are A*A*A

What would my leeds score be?
You would have a pretty solid score as long as you get an alright or amazing score on BMAT you should be pretty good for an interview.
mmmrrrccc
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by SyedN)
You would have a pretty solid score as long as you get an alright or amazing score on BMAT you should be pretty good for an interview.
What would an alright score be on the BMAT? I've worked out I get full academic points for my degree and GCSE's but I'm struggling with the BMAT. Based on last year for an interview I'd only need 2/5 on the BMAT - do you know roughly what that could be?
SyedN
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by mmmrrrccc)
What would an alright score be on the BMAT? I've worked out I get full academic points for my degree and GCSE's but I'm struggling with the BMAT. Based on last year for an interview I'd only need 2/5 on the BMAT - do you know roughly what that could be?
It changes every year because Leeds do not look at BMAT scores nationally, they just look at the scores of the people who apply there and then rank them with the 20% getting the full 5 points and the bottom 20% getting 1 point.
Anon9727
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Hi guys
So I have a slight stutter when I speak
Do you think this will jeporadise or compromise my interview
And make me get less points in communications. In the interview
Thanks
_.muhammad
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Hey guys,

I heard the BMAT is ranked against other candidates applying for Leeds and not nationally. Does that make much of a difference? Do people applying for Leeds tend to score higher so would you need a higher score?
Angiogram1
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by Anon9727)
Hi guys
So I have a slight stutter when I speak
Do you think this will jeporadise or compromise my interview
And make me get less points in communications. In the interview
Thanks
Of course not best of luck
k_grg
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
hey where did u get this info from? i have been trying to get info about the actual scoring system for leeds for ages
Last edited by k_grg; 2 days ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling now you've started university?

I'm loving it! (48)
13.41%
I'm enjoying it but I'm still settling in (93)
25.98%
I'm a bit unsure (63)
17.6%
I'm finding things difficult (124)
34.64%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (30)
8.38%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed