University of Lincoln A10L 2022 Entry (Nottingham at Lincoln)

Watch
becausethenight
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by musab_101)
Hi, becausethenight, I have a good score for lincoln however, I got a 5 in English language so had to resit and got an 8. Will they accept this? I heard they do not accept resits. my top 8 gcses are 99888777 (incl. eng lang) and my ucat is 2470 band 1
I would get in touch with them, not me, as they are the ones who will know if they accept resits! Most med schools do, especially if it was in autumn.
binti_Lamees
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi guys, score of 119 - too risky?
If I only score 8 GCSES my total would be 117
Last edited by binti_Lamees; 2 weeks ago
GANFYD
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by musab_101)
Hi, becausethenight, I have a good score for lincoln however, I got a 5 in English language so had to resit and got an 8. Will they accept this? I heard they do not accept resits. my top 8 gcses are 99888777 (incl. eng lang) and my ucat is 2470 band 1
Lincoln do not accept GCSE resits, I'm afraid
LidaH
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Emailed Nottingham due to academic qualifications not the stardard and the Uni advised that requirements are all met, they will consider academics as Pass and look at UCAT score only with other similar cases. They assured that looking only UCAT score will not be a disadvantage.
A score of 98/120 2650 Band 1, would be considered competitive enough for an interview?
smellie24
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi everyone,

I've counted up my score for the nottingham points system for undergraduate A100 entry 2022 and i've got a total of 108. Do i bother applying? Is Lincoln a risky choice too?
becausethenight
Rep:
?
(Original post by smellie24)
Hi everyone,

I've counted up my score for the nottingham points system for undergraduate A100 entry 2022 and i've got a total of 108. Do i bother applying? Is Lincoln a risky choice too?
Unfortunately it’s probably unlikely you’d interview at Notts or Lincoln
Chironn
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by LidaH)
Emailed Nottingham due to academic qualifications not the stardard and the Uni advised that requirements are all met, they will consider academics as Pass and look at UCAT score only with other similar cases. They assured that looking only UCAT score will not be a disadvantage.
A score of 98/120 2650 Band 1, would be considered competitive enough for an interview?
Exact same score here, I think it could be okay for Lincoln but then again they don’t have enough space?
What we really should be asking is are we competing against other grads or school leaves/college students
Cheahr
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Chironn)
Exact same score here, I think it could be okay for Lincoln but then again they don’t have enough space?
What we really should be asking is are we competing against other grads or school leaves/college students
(Original post by LidaH)
If graduates are grouped as ‘pass’ group, do we still need to score GCSE? Or just solely ucat score here?
Jamjar987
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I got a score of 116 is that too low/risky for Lincoln? GANFYD becausethenight
Chironn
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Cheahr)
If graduates are grouped as ‘pass’ group, do we still need to score GCSE? Or just solely ucat score here?
Pass group. But I really want to know if we're compared to each other as opposed to all other school leavers

there is no need to be scored on gcses if you meet the other degree/gcse requirements (min C in GCSE maths I think)
GANFYD
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Jamjar987)
I got a score of 116 is that too low/risky for Lincoln? GANFYD becausethenight
Hard to say with no historical data. I suspect it may sit right around the cut off, though there are far fewer B1 SJT around this year, which may drop it a bit
smellie24
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by becausethenight)
Unfortunately it’s probably unlikely you’d interview at Notts or Lincoln
Okay thank you
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Nope, because I know nothing about it unfortunately 020200 may have some idea, as someone applying as a grad, or you could try and scale last years' score?
Unfortunately, I've got no real knowledge about graduates applying to medicine at Lincoln. My knowledge is only based on places I've looked at for myself (about 10-12 unis). Sorry!
becausethenight
Rep:
?
(Original post by 020200)
Unfortunately, I've got no real knowledge about graduates applying to medicine at Lincoln. My knowledge is only based on places I've looked at for myself (about 10-12 unis). Sorry!
No worries, sorry for tagging you unnecessarily!
binti_Lamees
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi guys is a score of 117 too risky to apply with?
becausethenight
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by binti_Lamees)
Hi guys is a score of 117 too risky to apply with?
We think the cutoff could be around 118, so I would think it is risky, but it is your decision.
binti_Lamees
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
We think the cutoff could be around 118, so I would think it is risky, but it is your decision.
Considering i might be below the cutoff, Is manchester a safer option as we know they'd actually consider me via holistic route and not just reject me based off cutoff like lincoln?
becausethenight
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by binti_Lamees)
Considering i might be below the cutoff, Is manchester a safer option as we know they'd actually consider me via holistic route and not just reject me based off cutoff like lincoln?
It depends on what the cutoff is - we’re not psychic and it could be 117, for example. I would never see Manchester’s holistic route as safe, really, it’s probably as much of a gamble as hoping the cutoff is 117 at Lincoln.
Rara345
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Sent my application of to my school on Monday, applied here with 127 points. Good luck everyone!!! Fingers crossed I’ll see you on interview day haha
IJaguar
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Does anyone have any idea of Lincoln's interview to offer rate? I am trying to decide between Southampton and Linclon :|
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (287)
57.86%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (68)
13.71%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (53)
10.69%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (42)
8.47%
I haven't started researching yet (26)
5.24%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (20)
4.03%

Watched Threads