GANFYD
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by cyrobyro12)
i think i will stay clear from uea this year. this is not directly relevant to this uni i apologise, but what do you estimate the plymouth ucat cut off will be? i have a 2500, so do you reckon i will stand a chance? i can repost this in the plymouth thread if necessary
Who knows? Depends if they stick to using an A* in a science subject to cut numbers down (has anybody asked them this?). If so, it may be low 2400s, if not, then I think they are going to be where UEA were last year and up in the high 2500s to 2600, but there are so many variables, it is hard to say.
Point is, people with lower UCATs are going to have to take a punt somewhere, and UEA, ARU, Plymouth, Liverpool, Aston are the only realistic options, outside of Keele and Sunderland, so que sera sera - it will depend on a lot of factors, all of them outside of your control, sadly.
WTSBLG
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by user987654123)
ikr it's so strange that they conducted 476 interviews last year (from above 1000 in 2019!!) and gave out just above 378 offers. i was considering applying but the drastic changes to the selection process are putting me off slightly
Me too! It is a little concerning, but since there is no specific cut off, I might still go for it since my UCAT is okay. Best of luck!
GG700
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
Hello everyone! I would like to seek advice from you all,
I am an international student who is currently studying Physiotherapy in the UK.
I am graduating next year and I would like to study medicine ( standard entry) in 2022, my UCAT is 2490 and SJ Band 3.
Do I have an interview chance if I apply to UEA?
Many thanks!
GANFYD
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by GG700)
Hello everyone! I would like to seek advice from you all,
I am an international student who is currently studying Physiotherapy in the UK.
I am graduating next year and I would like to study medicine ( standard entry) in 2022, my UCAT is 2490 and SJ Band 3.
Do I have an interview chance if I apply to UEA?
Many thanks!
Again, check websites, etc and we cannot say, as you need A levels and GCSEs for A100, even as a grad
veni1976
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
My GCSE 9987777766
A Level prediction A*AA
UCAT 2580 Band 4
Is it risky to apply UEA for medicine please?
Thank You
WTSBLG
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by veni1976)
My GCSE 9987777766
A Level prediction A*AA
UCAT 2580 Band 4
Is it risky to apply UEA for medicine please?
Thank You
I think your band 4 would be risky since it is used in post-interview scoring.
veni1976
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
Thank you. How is the SJT score considered during the post-interview please?
WTSBLG
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by veni1976)
Thank you. How is the SJT score considered during the post-interview please?
It is added onto your interview score. I believe 50% is your interview score and 50% is your SJT.
GANFYD
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by WTSBLG)
It is added onto your interview score. I believe 50% is your interview score and 50% is your SJT.
No, SJT is included in the 50% interview score - I don't think they have ever actually said how and the other 50% is the cognitive part of your UCAT.
I have seen people with B3 get offers, but do not remember a B4 (does not mean it has not happened)
WTSBLG
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by GANFYD)
No, SJT is included in the 50% interview score - I don't think they have ever actually said how and the other 50% is the cognitive part of your UCAT.
I have seen people with B3 get offers, but do not remember a B4 (does not mean it has not happened)
Oh yeah, sorry I misread! I'll try and go through the FOIs and see if there's anything. veni1976 Please read GANFYD's response instead!
WTSBLG
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
GANFYD I found this on a FOI, it's not much though: 'Applicants are scored by interviewers for each question and we collate these scores at the end of the interview process. This is then combined with a score awarded for the SJT in the UCAT. We then make offers to those with the highest score. We take into account 50% interview score and 50% UCAT when making this decision.' From this can we assume that there's a set score for SJT?
GANFYD
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by WTSBLG)
GANFYD I found this on a FOI, it's not much though: 'Applicants are scored by interviewers for each question and we collate these scores at the end of the interview process. This is then combined with a score awarded for the SJT in the UCAT. We then make offers to those with the highest score. We take into account 50% interview score and 50% UCAT when making this decision.' From this can we assume that there's a set score for SJT?
Thank you for checking. I have always assumed they used it like Sheffield do, as a virtual mmi station, but cannot remember if I just assumed or have seen it written somewhere
SatSubh
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
Hi, thanks for being helpful to students like us GANFYD

I am an international students, will still be age 17 (Sep 2022) and considering UEA as a shortlist. Would value your views

1. iGCSE: Advanced Mathematics - A*, Extended Mathematics - A*, Chemistry - A*, Biology - A*, Physics - A*, Computer Science - A*, French - A, Eng Literature - A and Eng Language - B
2. IB Predicted: Chemistry HL - 7, Biology HL-7, Mathematics AA HL -7, Economics SL -7, English SL - 6, French - 5
3. UCAT: 2600, SJT: Band 2

Is this university a good shortlist and the chances of getting an interview call?
renu2018
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
Hello,

My GCSE
9 maths , bio , chem phys,
8 computer science
7 English lang RS
6 English lit, french

A Level prediction A*AA

UCAT 2750 Band 2

done virtual work experience, charity shop, care home

what are my chances getting interview for UEA for medicine please?

Please advise
Thank You
mazz4
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by renu2018)
Hello,

My GCSE
9 maths , bio , chem phys,
8 computer science
7 English lang RS
6 English lit, french

A Level prediction A*AA

UCAT 2750 Band 2

done virtual work experience, charity shop, care home

what are my chances getting interview for UEA for medicine please?

Please advise
Thank You
your ucat is great! i'd say you have a pretty good chance of being interviewed
xivst
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
Gcse's
Maths 8
Rs 8
Bio 8
DT 8
Chem 7
physics 7
english lit 7
english lang 7
geography 7
history 7
further maths 6

Predicted
Bio A*
Chem A*
Maths A*

UCAT
2620 sjt band 2
vr 530
dm 710
Qr 710
Ar 670
AVG: 655

No contextuals

was wondering if it would be likely to get an interview with these stats
sxraphina.
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
becausethenight finally found it I was searching for the full name instead of UEA. Thanks for making this
becausethenight
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
(Original post by CoochieMan)
becausethenight finally found it I was searching for the full name instead of UEA. Thanks for making this
Yay!

The full name doesn’t fit on TSR :cry:
MedMom
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
Hi,
What are chances of getting interview in UAE?

UCAT 2740, Band 2
VR 630
DM 640
QR 730
AR 740

Predicted A levels AAA

EPQ - Grade Awaited

GCSE - GCSE - Eng 6, Eng Lit 8, MAths 8, Bio 8, Phy 9, Chem 8,Geo 7, Hist 7, German 9 , French 9

Work Exp - 2 online courses, Few weeks of Covid vaccination centre

Home student
thatguysjokes123
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
Hi, I'm wondering if anyone knows anything about the interview scoring process and how much SJT plays a part (is it like the Sheffield system where it's one of the MMI stations etc). I've gone through nearly all the recent FOIs and found minimal information about it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (29)
18.01%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (41)
25.47%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (84)
52.17%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
4.35%

Watched Threads