Coolkingz
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by thatguysjokes123)
Hi, I'm wondering if anyone knows anything about the interview scoring process and how much SJT plays a part (is it like the Sheffield system where it's one of the MMI stations etc). I've gone through nearly all the recent FOIs and found minimal information about it.
From my understanding, its 50% interview score (with SJT included in that 50%) and then 50% UCAT cognitive score!
thatguysjokes123
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Coolkingz)
From my understanding, its 50% interview score (with SJT included in that 50%) and then 50% UCAT cognitive score!
Sorry, I should've clarified that I know that already. I was wondering if anyone knows exactly how much of a role SJT plays, i.e is it 5% of the 50% interview score, is it like an MMI station worth a certain amount of points etc
WTSBLG
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by thatguysjokes123)
Sorry, I should've clarified that I know that already. I was wondering if anyone knows exactly how much of a role SJT plays, i.e is it 5% of the 50% interview score, is it like an MMI station worth a certain amount of points etc
This is what we don't really know. Previously when looking through FOIs I saw this: 'Applicants are scored by interviewers for each question and we collate these scores at the end of the interview process. This is then combined with a score awarded for the SJT in the UCAT. We then make offers to those with the highest score. We take into account 50% interview score and 50% UCAT when making this decision.'
It's difficult to tell how they use it and I don't think they have disclosed how much SJT is used unfortunately.
Z317
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi, I'm a gap year student- is it worth applying with:

GCSES: 99 88 7777 66
A Level: AAA
UCAT: 2810 B2

I guess the only thing I'm worried about is my GCSEs? Only as it didn't meet the cut for two of my unis last year.
thanks in advance <3
bbr32
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi,
I would like to ask about the interview selection process for the UEA after you meet the minimum requirements. Are they rank the applicants only on the UCAT score or they also use GCSE scoring?
Thanks
GANFYD
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by bbr32)
Hi,
I would like to ask about the interview selection process for the UEA after you meet the minimum requirements. Are they rank the applicants only on the UCAT score or they also use GCSE scoring?
Thanks
Just UCAT. Used to use GCSEs, but stopped about 3 years ago
bbr32
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Many thanks for your reply. Can I ask how low UCAT scores last year got an interview and offer in UEA. Are they all contextual applicants?
Thanks
GANFYD
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by bbr32)
Many thanks for your reply. Can I ask how low UCAT scores last year got an interview and offer in UEA. Are they all contextual applicants?
Thanks
Not sure what happened wiht UEA last year, as not one I follow that closely. i saw quite a few people wiht low 2600s rejected, so assume those lower than that may have been contextual or had ExCircs/annotations, but go through last year's thread carefully and make a note of all the scores interviewed and rejected, and come back and let us know
Coolkingz
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by GANFYD)
Not sure what happened wiht UEA last year, as not one I follow that closely. i saw quite a few people wiht low 2600s rejected, so assume those lower than that may have been contextual or had ExCircs/annotations, but go through last year's thread carefully and make a note of all the scores interviewed and rejected, and come back and let us know
Just spent the past half hour or so checking the UEA thread. It seems the cutoff was at least 2640, because anyone who got 2630 and under and wasn't contextual got rejected. I think the most it could be is either 2650 or 2670 as I saw people get interviews with these scores (non contextually) but I found it hard to precisely say, so I think 2640 is probably fair.
GANFYD
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Just spent the past half hour or so checking the UEA thread. It seems the cutoff was at least 2640, because anyone who got 2630 and under and wasn't contextual got rejected. I think the most it could be is either 2650 or 2670 as I saw people get interviews with these scores (non contextually) but I found it hard to precisely say, so I think 2640 is probably fair.
Welcome to the world of TSR med school advising!
It certainly felt mid-2600s from what I saw, but this gives us confirmed feedback.
That is a fabulous piece of work, thank you so much
Coolkingz
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Welcome to the world of TSR med school advising!
It certainly felt mid-2600s from what I saw, but this gives us confirmed feedback.
That is a fabulous piece of work, thank you so much
No worries
WTSBLG
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I know it's difficult to say but do you think that cut offs will rise by a lot for UEA as there will be more people applying 'safely' since they may be put off applying to unis where their current UCAT score is around last years cut off in fear that those cut offs will rise again? I hope I worded that right
Coolkingz
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by WTSBLG)
I know it's difficult to say but do you think that cut offs will rise by a lot for UEA as there will be more people applying 'safely' since they may be put off applying to unis where their current UCAT score is around last years cut off in fear that those cut offs will rise again? I hope I worded that right
I think you worded that fine, don't worry! I feel that the cutoff for UEA will rise, but not significantly. I do agree that some people may be put off applying to the higher UCAT unis like Newcastle, Bristol, St Andrews etc, but I don't think a lot of people will think to go for UEA: it just doesn't seem like that popular of an option compared to the likes of Manchester or St George's. Of course it's difficult to say and I definitely could be wrong, but I think the cutoff this year for UEA will probably be around 2680.
WTSBLG
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I think you worded that fine, don't worry! I feel that the cutoff for UEA will rise, but not significantly. I do agree that some people may be put off applying to the higher UCAT unis like Newcastle, Bristol, St Andrews etc, but I don't think a lot of people will think to go for UEA: it just doesn't seem like that popular of an option compared to the likes of Manchester or St George's. Of course it's difficult to say and I definitely could be wrong, but I think the cutoff this year for UEA will probably be around 2680.
I agree! Just from looking at the FOIs it does seem like their cut off was around what you have said, so who knows how much it'll go up. Apparently the average UCAT score last year was low 2700s, probably because those scoring mid 2700s and higher will be applying a lot more safely, and I have little doubt that the same will happen this year.
Leaf.
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
GCSE’s (06/2011):
Biology – A
Chemistry – A*
English – A
Mathematics – A
3 more GCSE at A and 2 at B (Geography, Physics)
GCSE short-course ICT A* (not sure what short course is)

A-levels (06/2013):
Biology – C
Chemistry - A
Economics – A*
EPQ – E

(06/2014) In 2014 I took a gap year, did some work experience, and took a resit in my biology as-well as well as take on AS level (not full a-level) business studies, achieving an A in both (06/2014)

Following this, I went to university:
Date of registration; 22/Sep/2014
End of registration; 23/Sep/2019
Qualification Awarded; MPHARM Pharmacy Second Class Honours (Upper Division)
Date of Award; 01/Oct/2019

After degree, I started pre-registration trainee Pharmacist, 30th Sept 2019 – 27th Sept 2020. Following this there was the wait for the GPHC exam due to covid, and I finally became a registered Pharmacist on 15/05/2021.

UCAT:
Total score 2580 (645) Band 2
(verbal reasoning score was 550).

Work experience: not yet, but planning to get some next few weeks.

No WP or contextual flags

considering these stats, do you guys think its good enough for UEA? Bit worried about the UCAT result though
alorgat109
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi guys,Is UEA medicine integrated or PBL? Thanks
GANFYD
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by alorgat109)
Hi guys,Is UEA medicine integrated or PBL? Thanks
PBL.
Websites are a good place to find this sort of information
https://www.uea.ac.uk/course/undergr...d-assessment-1
Last edited by GANFYD; 3 weeks ago
alorgat109
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
PBL.
Websites are a good place to find this sort of information
https://www.uea.ac.uk/course/undergr...d-assessment-1
Thanks sm
Duzl
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
For the people who applied, have you received a confirmation from the uni?
defdefdef
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
My daughter has 2700 UCAT and STJ Band 3. She meets all required GCSE minimal requirements for UAE and Southampton. Can anyone shed any light on why she might choose one over the other - both being risky. (Southampton cutoff being 2680 last year.) Thanks for any help.GANFYD
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (316)
57.66%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (76)
13.87%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (61)
11.13%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (48)
8.76%
I haven't started researching yet (26)
4.74%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (21)
3.83%

Watched Threads