Eggyeg
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by GANFYD)
Dundee just use interview score to decide about offers (but Aberdeen use pre-interview scoring for 50% of post interview ranking and Aston use theirs as 75%)
Sorry, thanks, I must've been confused with Aberdeen and dundee.
MedMom
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
One question about UEA - Final offer would be based only on interview performance or combination of UCAT / other factors and interview score ?
Coolkingz
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by MedMom)
One question about UEA - Final offer would be based only on interview performance or combination of UCAT / other factors and interview score ?
To my understanding, 50% of the post interview score is UCAT cognitive score, whereas the other 50% is a combination of one's interview and UCAT situational judgement band.
monkeytwist
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by MedMom)
Final offer based on 50% (interview + SJT) + 50% UCAT.

+ see this one:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=7082939
YRK01
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Hi, this has probably already been mentioned here but I was looking through the foi requests on their website and according to them they invited 938 applicants to interviews in 2020, and only 488 in 2021! In fact they gave more offers in 2020 (538) than interviews in 2021! I guess this is a reaction to the huge increase in applicants because of CAGs, but wouldn't this make it a bit more risky to apply, or would it still be a good choice providing I meet their requirements and have a good ucat.
Coolkingz
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by YRK01)
Hi, this has probably already been mentioned here but I was looking through the foi requests on their website and according to them they invited 938 applicants to interviews in 2020, and only 488 in 2021! In fact they gave more offers in 2020 (538) than interviews in 2021! I guess this is a reaction to the huge increase in applicants because of CAGs, but wouldn't this make it a bit more risky to apply, or would it still be a good choice providing I meet their requirements and have a good ucat.
If people had a UCAT over 2640 last cycle, they got an interview. I think the reason there were fewer applicants invited to interview is because the UCAT cutoff was increased by a large amount (not sure exactly what it was for 2019/20). If you have a UCAT that is a decent bit over 2640, I still think it is a good choice!
pepsiu
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Damn I was thinking about applying but now I'm worried about my band 3. Any clue if my 2770 would be enough to compensate?
gleisnerrr
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I'm aware that SJT is combined with interview score which adds up to 50% of the post-interview score, however, does anyone know how much weighting the SJT is given as I have Band 3 and wonder how much this will hinder me. Also, my UCAT score was 3100 so does anyone know whether that'll be enough to compensate for the Band 3.
WTSBLG
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by gleisnerrr)
I'm aware that SJT is combined with interview score which adds up to 50% of the post-interview score, however, does anyone know how much weighting the SJT is given as I have Band 3 and wonder how much this will hinder me. Also, my UCAT score was 3100 so does anyone know whether that'll be enough to compensate for the Band 3.
You have an amazing UCAT score, but unfortunately we don't know how much weighting there is, the only info we're given is the 50% UCAT + 50% SJT with interview score. I think you would be okay though, if you do well in the interview, your score hopefully will compensate for the Band 3
WTSBLG
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by pepsiu)
Damn I was thinking about applying but now I'm worried about my band 3. Any clue if my 2770 would be enough to compensate?
My reply to another user is above, I think you should be okay but I myself don't know the weighting for SJT so I think it would be up to you to decide if it's too risky or not
aspiretobe
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Hey all, these are my grades. What are my chances at getting an interview? Is it worth applying? Do they consider personal statement? Many thanks

GCSEs: 9888777777

Predicted A Levels: AAA

UCAT: 2480 Band 1

Many thanks!
WTSBLG
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Hi, has anyone received a confirmation email form them stating their application has been received?
micholate9
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by WTSBLG)
Hi, has anyone received a confirmation email form them stating their application has been received?
Yes I got one 2 days after applying.
WTSBLG
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by micholate9)
Yes I got one 2 days after applying.
Oh okay thank you for letting me know!
Spectrz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Hey guys, I'm submitting my application tomorrow with:

GCSEs: 8887777777

Predicted A Levels: A*AA

UCAT: 2490 Band 2

Do you think I can get an interview? Or should I consider a different school

Thanks!
sunny_01
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
would UEA be a 'safe' option with 2590 (647.5) SJT band 2, 2.1. in neuroscience, A*AB in a level, and 4A* 2A in gcse?
Cherry202
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
does anyone know whether interviews will be online this year?
pepsiu
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by Cherry202)
does anyone know whether interviews will be online this year?
I’m not sure they’ve said but don’t count on it. Most unis I’ve looked into has said they are doing it virtually
becausethenight
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 22 hours ago
(Original post by Spectrz)
Hey guys, I'm submitting my application tomorrow with:

GCSEs: 8887777777

Predicted A Levels: A*AA

UCAT: 2490 Band 2

Do you think I can get an interview? Or should I consider a different school

Thanks!
(Original post by aspiretobe)
Hey all, these are my grades. What are my chances at getting an interview? Is it worth applying? Do they consider personal statement? Many thanks

GCSEs: 9888777777

Predicted A Levels: AAA

UCAT: 2480 Band 1

Many thanks!
It seemed like their cutoff last year was around 2640, so unfortuantely as both of you would be significantly below that it might be unlikely that you would interview.
Spectrz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 22 hours ago
(Original post by becausethenight)
It seemed like their cutoff last year was around 2640, so unfortuantely as both of you would be significantly below that it might be unlikely that you would interview.
I've applied to Liverpool, Plymouth, ARU and UEA. What could I substitute the UEA choice with? thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling now you've started university?

I'm loving it! (44)
12.98%
I'm enjoying it but I'm still settling in (93)
27.43%
I'm a bit unsure (60)
17.7%
I'm finding things difficult (112)
33.04%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (30)
8.85%

Watched Threads