The Student Room Group

UEA A100 2022 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by melina123971
Is UEA integrated or PBL?

Integrated with a PBL element to it. It uses a range of techniques of which PBL is just one of them.
Does anyone know if there is a maths station?
Original post by melina123971
Does anyone know if there is a maths station?

No, they don't assess that. That's why they use the UCAT post-interview in the offer-making process, because it (QR) essentially also measures your Maths and problem-solving skills.
After the interview, they emailed to say they are interviewing approximately 550 applicants for 195 places. I'm not sure how many offers they will make though.
Original post by micholate9
After the interview, they emailed to say they are interviewing approximately 550 applicants for 195 places. I'm not sure how many offers they will make though.

Last year they held about 580 interviews and made approx. 380 offers. So offer numbers may be similar for this year. May even be more offers since exams are set to be in-person and those achieving the grades of AAA minimum should be lower
Original post by 020200
Last year they held about 580 interviews and made approx. 380 offers. So offer numbers may be similar for this year. May even be more offers since exams are set to be in-person and those achieving the grades of AAA minimum should be lower

I hope you're right! I've read on other threads that unis may make fewer offers because the government has said they won't increase the number of places in the same way as they did last year when too many people got their predicted grades! Who knows what might happen!
Original post by micholate9
I hope you're right! I've read on other threads that unis may make fewer offers because the government has said they won't increase the number of places in the same way as they did last year when too many people got their predicted grades! Who knows what might happen!

Yeah, UEA also has interviewed fewer people for this year and the last application cycle. They normally interview around 800 candidates, but for last year and this year I think they've interviewed/will be interviewing a lot less on account of the grade inflation from last year.
Original post by 020200
Yeah, UEA also has interviewed fewer people for this year and the last application cycle. They normally interview around 800 candidates, but for last year and this year I think they've interviewed/will be interviewing a lot less on account of the grade inflation from last year.

I see, hopefully its similar or better interview to offer ratios then!
How did it go? I'm here now in the main visitors car park, going to walk around a bit for now :smile:
Original post by WTSBLG
How did it go? I'm here now in the main visitors car park, going to walk around a bit for now :smile:

good luck!!! :smile::smile::smile:
I feel like it went well, except maybe 1 station? My interviewers were all lovely! But yes, now we wait for a very long time for decisions
had an interview first thing this morning, good luck everyone!!
thank uu its so difficult to tell haha
Does anybody have an interview on Thursday?
I have an interview tomo!! Any tips ? :smile:
Ahhh thank you soo much!!!! Ur a legend :smile:
I saw them in front of me and though I desperately needed water, I felt like I had no time at alllll
Reply 997
Hi - does anyone know if UEA still sending out interview invites?
Just had my interview, the interviewers were so lovely guys you’ll feel at ease once ur in there!! :smile:
Original post by Prajuu1350
Does anybody have an interview on Thursday?

I do

Quick Reply

Latest