The Student Room Group

UCLan A100 2022 Entry

Hi there, thanks for checking out this thread. This is the 2022 Entry discussion for University of Central Lancashire A100.

We're now onto the 2023 application cycle, you can find the 2023 thread here. Of course, you are still welcome to browse this thread as well, but please post in the 2023 one if you have questions about UCLan.
:biggrin:

Welcome to the UCLan A100 2022 Entry Discussion.

UCLan A100 2021 thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6306472

For general information click: https://www.uclan.ac.uk/undergraduate/courses/medicine-mbbs

UCLan A100 2022 Offer Holders' thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7184161

For entry requirements click above and scroll down to "Entry Requirements"

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!

Post originally created by ecolier.
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hi guys! I'm considering applying to UClan medicine as an international student. I couldn't find a relevant thread so I thought I'd start one.
Also, I sent an email inquiry to UClan and they told me that they might require an aptitude test from this year?!! It's already September and applications open soon so does anyone have any idea of how this will work
(edited 2 years ago)
Hey!I got into uclan foundation entry medicine for 2021. they didnt ask me for any thing. Im international too. I would suggest asking the uclan people themselves. Its their uni, they will obvi know how it runs!And its not so late to prepare for and give the ucat/bmat as well. I suggest asking them which one to take!
Original post by aryamaansahai
Hey!I got into uclan foundation entry medicine for 2021. they didnt ask me for any thing. Im international too. I would suggest asking the uclan people themselves. Its their uni, they will obvi know how it runs!And its not so late to prepare for and give the ucat/bmat as well. I suggest asking them which one to take!

Alright thanks for replying!
Original post by tanishab1234
Alright thanks for replying!

NP!!!
Hi guys! I'm considering applying to UClan medicine as an international student. I couldn't find a relevant thread so I thought I'd start one.
Also, I sent an email inquiry to UClan and they told me that they might require an aptitude test from this year?!! It's already September and applications open soon so does anyone have any idea of how this will work

Hey! Did u get a response?
Original post by rameezkaan
Hey! Did u get a response?

From UCLan? I meant that I've already sent an email and they told me they might require some entrance test..but I will send another email about this today and let you know what they say
Ok thank you, I’m a home student so I don’t know if this is just an international only thing or for everyone. Hopefully they don’t require one 😂
Does anyone know the interview to offer ratio? Could there be any tips from current students and your stats if possible? Do you like the campus? Likes and dislikes? I'm just asking random questions now aha. Hope everyone's having a good day... : )
Reply 9
Hi,just wondering what was the entry requirements for foundation entry medicine?will you be continuing at westlake campus after foundation or will be moved to preston campus? Thanks
Original post by Hasanji
Hi,just wondering what was the entry requirements for foundation entry medicine?will you be continuing at westlake campus after foundation or will be moved to preston campus? Thanks

i think the first year is at west lakes and the rest is in preston.

entry req is AAB,

💓
Reply 11
Original post by hunchoM
Nope, only received the health questionnaire

Hello!
I am a UK mature student wanting to apply to UCLAN - need some friendly advice please - how was the process?
Original post by aryamaansahai
i think the first year is at west lakes and the rest is in preston.

entry req is AAB,

💓

What email did you guys use? I emailed last year with the general course enquires email and no response. Emailed also this week. Strange.
Original post by aspiringbiomedic
What email did you guys use? I emailed last year with the general course enquires email and no response. Emailed also this week. Strange.

Hey! I used gmail, but the uni gives students outlook.

They get very busy during this time because of all the new students coming in. I would suggest u call them.

💓
Original post by 333111
Hello!
I am a UK mature student wanting to apply to UCLAN - need some friendly advice please - how was the process?

Hi @333111,

Thanks for your message! It's great to hear that you are wanting to apply to study with us here at UCLan.

For more information on the application process, please visit here. Once you have clicked on the level of study you are applying for, this will provide you with more information, such as entry requirements, key dates and your next steps.

I graduated from UCLan this year, and found the application process really straightforward and easy to navigate. If you have any problems or further questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch or you can find relevant contact details here.

Best of luck with your application 😊
Dan
Reply 15
Does uclan consider A levels if you have a degree?
Reply 16
Original post by KA_P
Does anyone know the interview to offer ratio? Could there be any tips from current students and your stats if possible? Do you like the campus? Likes and dislikes? I'm just asking random questions now aha. Hope everyone's having a good day... : )

Are you a home (UK) student?
Original post by aspiringbiomedic

Hi there,

I would recommend contacting our course enquiries team on +44 (0)1772 892400 for a quicker response. Please be aware that our team are busy at the moment, but will get back to you as soon as possible to help you with this.

I hope this helps and if you have any other questions, please let me know!

Thanks
Dan
Reply 18

The details of the test will be available soon on their medicine webpage.
(edited 2 years ago)

hi! I'm an international student too and I'm applying to uclan for medicine as well. from what I know, they don't require you to attempt the BMAT or UCAT. What I would suggest is that you focus on acing your school/board exams. I think this would be enough to get yourself an interview but I'll have to look into their admission processes. like yourself, I couldnt find much about this university except those that were posted about 10 years ago. hope this helped. Best of luck:smile: I hope you get in if you apply xx

Quick Reply

Latest