tecna
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by TheEgg)
Did you receive a “confirm your email” email yet?
No
vaish20004
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi guys have y’all received any new messages from UCLAN
saharali005
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by vaish20004)
Hi guys have y’all received any new messages from UCLAN
Not yet sadly
vaish20004
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by saharali005)
Not yet sadly
Oh me either…do u know when they r supposed to reach out to us
tecna
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Not yet sadly
I havent received anything either
I spoke to a student at uclan who was a home applicant like me last year
She said they reached out to her in February
saharali005
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by tecna)
I havent received anything either
I spoke to a student at uclan who was a home applicant like me last year
She said they reached out to her in February
Oh that’s a while then
Virgo123
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
I got an email around a week ago to get in contact with my sixth form to get confirmation that my 2020 a level grades were CAGS...which is weird. I didn’t get an email back or anything but I would have thought they would have asked me for my a level 2021 official certificates ( I “retook ” or should I say actually took the a level exams in summer 2021 because my CAGS were bad)
vaish20004
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
hey do you guys know when uclan sends the interview invites as i believe other unis have started sending them already.
tecna
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
hey do you guys know when uclan sends the interview invites as i believe other unis have started sending them already.
I spoke to a home student over ig
They said last year they recieved theirs in February time
vaish20004
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by tecna)
I spoke to a home student over ig
They said last year they recieved theirs in February time
Ok thanks..I read last years thread and international students receive it pretty early..like late nov to early dec
samiii_00
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by tecna)
Do u lot mind sharing ur stats esp a level grades?
Hey, I’ve applied to UCLAN.
My stats are-

A-levels (achieved): AAA
GCSEs: 977776666
UCAT: 2400 Band 1

I think they put the most emphasis on personal statement and work experience (+ academic reference) rather than academics
Leaf.
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by samiii_00)
Hey, I’ve applied to UCLAN.
My stats are-

A-levels (achieved): AAA
GCSEs: 977776666
UCAT: 2400 Band 1

I think they put the most emphasis on personal statement and work experience (+ academic reference) rather than academics
I’m worried about reference…mine was terrible. As in bc I’m not in school, and am a graduate with a degree my reference was from my uni tutor. He wrote it in 5mins, literally few mins before deadline, and I can be sure it wasn’t using the guidelines of UCLan
samiii_00
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Leaf.)
I’m worried about reference…mine was terrible. As in bc I’m not in school, and am a graduate with a degree my reference was from my uni tutor. He wrote it in 5mins, literally few mins before deadline, and I can be sure it wasn’t using the guidelines of UCLan
That’s expected, don’t worry too much!
Many referees will be professors/teachers and tutors who are busy and don’t have the time to write a reference with all the criteria’s they are demanding, therefore many will be in the same situation, including myself. Wishing you the best of luck ! )
Leaf.
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by samiii_00)
That’s expected, don’t worry too much!
Many referees will be professors/teachers and tutors who are busy and don’t have the time to write a reference with all the criteria’s they are demanding, therefore many will be in the same situation, including myself. Wishing you the best of luck ! )
Thanks mate and good luck to you too!
Smatthew
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Last year I received interview offer by end of Nov. for an interview in Dec. & offer around end of Jan. Ucat 2940,Band 2. International.
saharali005
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Smatthew)
Last year I received interview offer by end of Nov. for an interview in Dec. & offer around end of Jan. Ucat 2940,Band 2. International.
I thought UCLAN doesn’t look at ucat
Smatthew
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
I thought UCLAN doesn’t look at ucat
Yes UCAT is not mandatory for Uclan. But no harm if you have taken UCAT.
vaish20004
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Has anyone received any interviews invites yet?
vaish20004
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Smatthew)
How is uclan…the education the place ?
Smatthew
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
How is uclan…the education the place ?
Uclan is GMC approved Medical School, they follow the GMC standards like any other Medical School in UK. Medicine is a rigorous discipline, you need to be self motivated, lots of self study is required at Uclan. So its like any other Medical School in UK. Majority of them have taken UCAT/BMAT with high scores over 90 percentile but they couldn't make into other UK Medical School due to few places. The non-academic aspect, you will find lots of international students from all over the world, and highly competitive environment .Its a small city with all facilities available around the campus with in walking distance. The Sir Tom Finney Sports Center is state of the art indoor facility & the Library is open 24/7. Its a good place to study Medicine in a small city like Preston, so that one can stay focussed.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you find most difficult about revising?

Prioritising what to revise (10)
10.64%
Remembering what was covered in lessons (1)
1.06%
Finding the time to revise (7)
7.45%
Finding the motivation (24)
25.53%
Getting distracted (14)
14.89%
Procrastination (37)
39.36%
Having the tools you need (0)
0%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
1.06%

Watched Threads