vaish20004
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Smatthew)
Uclan is GMC approved Medical School, they follow the GMC standards like any other Medical School in UK. Medicine is a rigorous discipline, you need to be self motivated, lots of self study is required at Uclan. So its like any other Medical School in UK. Majority of them have taken UCAT/BMAT with high scores over 90 percentile but they couldn't make into other UK Medical School due to few places. The non-academic aspect, you will find lots of international students from all over the world, and highly competitive environment .Its a small city with all facilities available around the campus with in walking distance. The Sir Tom Finney Sports Center is state of the art indoor facility & the Library is open 24/7. Its a good place to study Medicine in a small city like Preston, so that one can stay focussed.
Wow tht sounds great…thanks!
vaish20004
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 weeks ago
UCLan Student

Is it possible if you could let me know when the invites start being sent for this course..as according to last years thread people had received their invites by this time..also I’m an international student…Thank you, have a great day
Last edited by vaish20004; 2 weeks ago
loveforchelsea
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by vaish20004)
UCLan Student

Is it possible if you could let me know when the invites start being sent for this course..as according to last years thread people had received their invites by this time..also I’m an international student…Thank you, have a great day
You can email the university and ask them. They would be able to provide more accurate information.
tecna
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Has anyone else jus recieved a form to fill in?
vaish20004
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by tecna)
Has anyone else jus recieved a form to fill in?
Nope..wht does it say?
tecna
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Nope..wht does it say?
Its jus like the 1 Manchester sent
Jus an in depth personal statement asking about specific skills
Last edited by tecna; 2 weeks ago
vaish20004
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by tecna)
Its jus like the 1 Manchester sent
Jus an in depth personal statement asking about specific skills
Are u an international student?
vaish20004
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
did anyone recieve an invite from uclan yet?
tecna
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Are u an international student?
No I'm a home student
Leaf.
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Yeah just received the form. Guys just wondering…if we have to submit the form in December, that must mean interviews don’t go out till November
Leaf.
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by tecna)
No I'm a home student
Same! Do you mind me asking what your stats are like. I’m a grad pretty much with work experience lol
tecna
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by leaf.)
same! Do you mind me asking what your stats are like. I’m a grad pretty much with work experience lol
aaaa* achieved
i have zero work experience other thn volunteering at a care home
Leaf.
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by tecna)
aaaa* achieved
i have zero work experience other thn volunteering at a care home
Bloody hell, well done. Yeah mines really of the volunteering nature too.

How was your reference? I had my uni university tutor do mine, but I’m 150% sure he didn’t even check the guidance from uclan. Prob get 0 points there 😭😭 how was yours
samiii_00
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
I’m a home student and I haven’t received a form...
samiii_00
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
nvm I just received it lol
vaish20004
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by samiii_00)
Are only home students receiving this…cuz I’m international and haven’t received
Leaf.
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
For home students for the reference, did your tutor actually use the guidance. I really feel like mine just overlooked it
sarahjanesmith
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by samiii_00)
whats the form called?
Sillygoose07
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
I just got the form too. If we dont have much experience then what do we talk about? It says 450 words for the statement max and 3-5 transferrable skills but thats basically our personal statement.
Leaf.
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Sillygoose07)
I just got the form too. If we dont have much experience then what do we talk about? It says 450 words for the statement max and 3-5 transferrable skills but thats basically our personal statement.
I agree - do we just copy and paste out PS lol
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you find most difficult about revising?

Prioritising what to revise (10)
10.53%
Remembering what was covered in lessons (1)
1.05%
Finding the time to revise (7)
7.37%
Finding the motivation (24)
25.26%
Getting distracted (14)
14.74%
Procrastination (38)
40%
Having the tools you need (0)
0%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
1.05%

Watched Threads