Vetrix42
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
From what I've read from the thread it seemed to very on the course taken. So RUK Scottish Pathway was higher than RUK English Pathway or No Preference. I think RUK Scottish Pathway was around 2900 and RUK English Pathway was around 2780. I found a useful FOI: https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque...whatdotheyknow

I've decided to apply to St Andrew's with 2820 in UCAT.
chris01928
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi all,

I am thinking of applying. I achieve WP so my augmented UCAT would be 2926/B2. I have been looking through their website but can't see anything about intercalation but the course, I believe, is 6 years. Are we able to intercalate at St Andrew's?
GANFYD
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by chris01928)
Hi all,

I am thinking of applying. I achieve WP so my augmented UCAT would be 2926/B2. I have been looking through their website but can't see anything about intercalation but the course, I believe, is 6 years. Are we able to intercalate at St Andrew's?
At St Andrews you do 3 years there and come out wiht a BSc, then move to do 3 clinical years in a different place, so the intercalation is built in
chris01928
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by GANFYD)
At St Andrews you do 3 years there and come out wiht a BSc, then move to do 3 clinical years in a different place, so the intercalation is built in
Sorry, this might sound stupid, but I thought with medicine you get a BSc and a medical degree anyway?
GANFYD
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Sorry, this might sound stupid, but I thought with medicine you get a BSc and a medical degree anyway?
No, most med schools give you an MBBS, MBChB or similar. At most places you have to intercalate for the BSc, though Nottingham and Southampton give a BMedSci within the 5 years
chris01928
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
No, most med schools give you an MBBS, MBChB or similar. At most places you have to intercalate for the BSc, though Nottingham and Southampton give a BMedSci within the 5 years
Ahh my mistake. Second time applying and still didn't know that. Thanks
chris01928
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
sorry, another question. As a RUK student, are we still able to receive the government loan of £9250 to the uni as well as the means-tested maintenance loan?
GANFYD
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
sorry, another question. As a RUK student, are we still able to receive the government loan of £9250 to the uni as well as the means-tested maintenance loan?
Yes 😊
chris01928
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yes 😊
phew, thank you
imsotired24
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
See if you apply on ucas "1-3 years St Andrew's then the rest at a Scottish uni", do you definitely go to a Scottish uni if you get accepted? As im a Scottish student I get free university (I cant afford to go to England). So would there be any chance I would be sent to England?

Cheers
imsotired24
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
also would 2660 B2 be enough for Scottish applicant for Scottish pathway?
radiantpromise
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
ive read that the cutoff for RUK applicants choosing the Scottish route is 2900. Is this correct as i was planning on applying for the Scottish route but am not sure now as i only have a 2870 and a B1. i would be so grateful for any advice.
user987654123
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by maverick75)
Hi,

I am an international applicant. My stats are
GCSE: 6A* (English, literature, Math, Double Science, Global Pers), 2 A (Econs, Music) 1 B (chinese)
Predicted: HL 666 (Chem, Bio, Econs), SL 666 (Eng, Math, Chinese)
UCAT: 2670 SJT Band 2

Would it be worthwhile to pick St Andrews as one of my choices?
probably not
user987654123
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by SatSubh)
Hi, thanks for being helpful to students like us GANFYD

I am an international students, will still be age 17 (Sep 2022) and considering St. Andrews as a shortlist. Would value your views

1. iGCSE: Advanced Mathematics - A*, Extended Mathematics - A*, Chemistry - A*, Biology - A*, Physics - A*, Computer Science - A*, French - A, Eng Literature - A and Eng Language - B
2. IB Predicted: Chemistry HL - 7, Biology HL-7, Mathematics AA HL -7, Economics SL -7, English SL - 6, French - 5
3. UCAT: 2600, SJT: Band 2

Is this university a good shortlist and the chances of getting an interview call?
last year for ruk it was roughly 2800 and i assume the cut off is higher for internationals so i don't think it's the best choice. i'm not 100% sure about internationals though
Shoaib1234
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi, I am an england student, I have got 2620 and a B3 in ucat. My A lvl pred are : A*A*A (A*s in chemistry and biology) and gcses:98777766554. I have a 5 in eng language so thats why wanna apply to atleast 2 unis requiring a 5. How much of a chance will I have with it? I am eligible for minimum offer so will have my score boosted by 10% and take me to 2880. Would that be enough to get an interview? Please help
Iloverosegold
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi,
I am a Scottish student currently on a gap year and was wondering if applying to St Andrew’s is risky or not. My stats are:
Highers AAAAA
Advanced Highers AA in art and chemistry and B in biology
UCAT score was 2480 (620) band 2
No contextual flags apart from UCAT bursary
Any tips or advice on where to apply will be appreciated thanks.
m4zza
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Applying to St. Andrews as a contextual applicant 2750 in ucat but 10% increase gives me 3025 (hopefully enough to interview). My only problem is my Band 3, buttttttt I think it's worth risking 1 uni for it as no one seems to know how they score SJ post interview, and all my other options couldn't give a toss about SJ.

Who else is applying?
abh27sss
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by m4zza)
Applying to St. Andrews as a contextual applicant 2750 in ucat but 10% increase gives me 3025 (hopefully enough to interview). My only problem is my Band 3, buttttttt I think it's worth risking 1 uni for it as no one seems to know how they score SJ post interview, and all my other options couldn't give a toss about SJ.

Who else is applying?
applying with 2720, B2. Good luck.
m4zza
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by abh27sss)
applying with 2720, B2. Good luck.
You too Are you contextual? (jealous of your Band 2 btw!!)
abh27sss
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by m4zza)
You too Are you contextual? (jealous of your Band 2 btw!!)
I am but also a grad. Glasgow does not count grads for WP but Aberdeen and Edinburgh do. I haven't asked St A about this but either way I think my score should be enough as a Scottish applicant. I think you definitely stand a chance as St A's UCAT cut-off isn't that high.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (316)
57.25%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (77)
13.95%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (62)
11.23%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (48)
8.7%
I haven't started researching yet (28)
5.07%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (21)
3.8%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed