m4zza
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by abh27sss)
I am but also a grad. Glasgow does not count grads for WP but Aberdeen and Edinburgh do. I haven't asked St A about this but either way I think my score should be enough as a Scottish applicant. I think you definitely stand a chance as St A's UCAT cut-off isn't that high.
Your score is defo competitive enough for the Scottish route, and your Band 2 shouldn't hinder you that much (I looked at last year's thread and many ppl with Band 2s got offers, not sure about B3 though ). Last year cut off for RUK was roughly 2800 so thankfully I'm contextual otherwise I don't think I would even consider!
abh27sss
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by m4zza)
Your score is defo competitive enough for the Scottish route, and your Band 2 shouldn't hinder you that much (I looked at last year's thread and many ppl with Band 2s got offers, not sure about B3 though ). Last year cut off for RUK was roughly 2800 so thankfully I'm contextual otherwise I don't think I would even consider!
Exactly. I see that your other stats are excellent, so hopefully, they make up the B3. Good luck with your application.
m4zza
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Does anyone know how much emphasis St Andrews puts on SJ band? (like how much weighting post interview)
Angiogram1
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by m4zza)
Does anyone know how much emphasis St Andrews puts on SJ band? (like how much weighting post interview)
It is a station so say there are 5 stations worth 1/5 of the points
Angiogram1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Angiogram1)
It is a station so say there are 5 stations worth 1/5 of the points
That was per last years open day info
cagvwm
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I am an RUK applicant, non contextual, and im applying with a ucat score of 3020 Band 1. I was confident about my ucat score but since contextual applicants get an extra 10% im worried that my ucat will not be high enough to beat those scores. Please could i get some advice
GANFYD
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by cagvwm)
I am an RUK applicant, non contextual, and im applying with a ucat score of 3020 Band 1. I was confident about my ucat score but since contextual applicants get an extra 10% im worried that my ucat will not be high enough to beat those scores. Please could i get some advice
It will be fine 😊
nigachoro
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi there does anyone have a source for the UCAT thresholds for RUK? Or has there not been one published?
Haven't found one in the FOIs
GANFYD
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by nigachoro)
Hi there does anyone have a source for the UCAT thresholds for RUK? Or has there not been one published?
Haven't found one in the FOIs
They have never released current cycle data until well into the next cycle before, so I would be surprised if they did now
Last edited by GANFYD; 2 weeks ago
Shoaib1234
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
HI, I am a RUK student with B3 and 2620 score. I do meet contextual requirements so my score will be uplifted to 2880.Would that be enough to secure an interview? And how hard will it be to get an offer with a B3?
chris01928
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Shoaib1234)
HI, I am a RUK student with B3 and 2620 score. I do meet contextual requirements so my score will be uplifted to 2880.Would that be enough to secure an interview? And how hard will it be to get an offer with a B3?
I'm not sure about you stats but I think its something like 1.2 people per place. I don't really understand why it's so low and if is different for RUK applicants
mahmoud123
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hello please someone help!
How do I know if my score will be boosted by 10%???
Thanks in advance
Angiogram1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by mahmoud123)
Hello please someone help!
How do I know if my score will be boosted by 10%???
Thanks in advance
Look at the widening participation criteria on their website
aailaiqbal04
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Name:  Screenshot_20211008-210309_Drive-compressed.jpg.jpeg
Views: 24
Size:  179.4 KB

I found this, dk if it's useful for anyoneee
Shoaib1234
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by GANFYD)
They have never released current cycle data until well into the next cycle before, so I would be surprised if they did now
(Original post by chris01928)
I'm not sure about you stats but I think its something like 1.2 people per place. I don't really understand why it's so low and if is different for RUK applicants
GANFYD, bro need some help. Will I have a chance with a B3 in sjt? I know they use it in the interview process but how much weight do they put on that?
Last edited by Shoaib1234; 2 weeks ago
Vetrix42
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
GANFYD, bro need some help. Will I have a chance with a B3 in sjt? I know they use it in the interview process but how much weight do they put on that?
It's weighted the same as a normal interview station so I would stay clear and apply to safer Universities like Anglia Ruskin, Plymouth, Liverpool etc.
GANFYD
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
They have said they use it as a virtual MMI station to somebody, this year, I think. So depends how well you think you can do in the rest of the interview!
Shoaib1234
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by GANFYD)
They have said they use it as a virtual MMI station to somebody, this year, I think. So depends how well you think you can do in the rest of the interview
Will I have to do extremely well at the interview or a good interview score would be fine enough?
Shoaib1234
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Vetrix42)
It's weighted the same as a normal interview station so I would stay clear and apply to safer Universities like Anglia Ruskin, Plymouth, Liverpool etc.
I already have chosen Plymouth and ARU. My Gcses are not great so not Liverpool . My A levels are A*A*A A so have also chosen Exeter. I want to apply to St. Andrews cause i got a grade 5 in english language so applying 3 to those requiring a 5 and My UCAT will be increased by 10% so have a good chance of receiving an interview at least (2880 score when uplifted).
GANFYD
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Will I have to do extremely well at the interview or a good interview score would be fine enough?
I don't know how they score their interview, sorry
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (310)
57.94%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (75)
14.02%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (59)
11.03%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (45)
8.41%
I haven't started researching yet (26)
4.86%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (20)
3.74%

Watched Threads