Shoaib1234
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by GANFYD)
I don't know how they score their interview, sorry
That’s fine mate,Thank you very much for your help 👍.
mahmoud123
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Hello GANFYD
Thank you for all the invaluable help you offering for me and other people on tsr!
I'm a bit confused by the different routes for st Andrew's medical program.
Is there any difference other than that you will get to do the last 3 years in either English or Scottish unies?
Also does the selection process/ucat threshold vary depending on which rout you choose?
Thank you
Last edited by mahmoud123; 6 days ago
GANFYD
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by mahmoud123)
Hello GANFYD
Thank you for all the invaluable help you offering for me and other people on tsr!
I'm a bit confused by the different routes for st Andrew's medical program.
Is there any difference other than that you will get to do the last 3 years in either English or Scottish unies?
Also does the selection process/ucat threshold vary depending on which rout you choose?
Thank you
Everyone does 3 years in St Andrews, then students split to English (Manchester or Barts) med schools or Scottish (Glasgow, Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Dundee) med schools to complete their clinical training.
The selection process is the same, but UCAT cut offs have been slightly different in previous years, although it has varied as to which is highest, and usually only by about 10 points
mahmoud123
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by GANFYD)
Everyone does 3 years in St Andrews, then students split to English (Manchester or Barts) med schools or Scottish (Glasgow, Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Dundee) med schools to complete their clinical training.
The selection process is the same, but UCAT cut offs have been slightly different in previous years, although it has varied as to which is highest, and usually only by about 10 points
Are there different number of offers/places for the two routes. As this is likely to affect the number of interviewes or the ratio of offers/interviews?
GANFYD
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Are there different number of offers/places for the two routes. As this is likely to affect the number of interviewes or the ratio of offers/interviews?
Have a look at the data posted further up the thread
Jojoster
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Hi I was with wondering if I could apply to st Andrews with these stats:

UCAT: 2750 SJT band 4 (this is worrying me)

GCSEs: 9,9,9,9,9,9,9,9,8,7

A level predicted grades: A* A* A*

I have a solid personal statement and reference

I am an overseas applicant, and I think the UCAT threshold is quite low for overseas, although I’m concerned about my SJT, do you reckon if I do really well in the interview, I could make up for my SJT?
cagvwm
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Hi can someone please give me some advice. Wanted to go down the no preference route but the only thing I could see on the UCAS application was “other partner medical school years 4-6” so I selected this. Can someone please confirm this is the right one? Thank you
mahmoud123
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
TCL hello,
I've got an urgent question:
Do you think If I'm ok with both the English and the Scottish routes I should choose no preference.
Do you think that makes my chances better somehow?
Many thanks in advance
Angiogram1
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
TCL hello,
I've got an urgent question:
Do you think If I'm ok with both the English and the Scottish routes I should choose no preference.
Do you think that makes my chances better somehow?
Many thanks in advance
Yes I think you get considered for both pools
a.dsouza1_
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 minutes ago
Hi, I have a question:

Does St Andrews pool students according to their preferred routes or whether they are Scottish, RUK or international?

Thank you so much in advance
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling now you've started university?

I'm loving it! (48)
13.41%
I'm enjoying it but I'm still settling in (93)
25.98%
I'm a bit unsure (63)
17.6%
I'm finding things difficult (124)
34.64%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (30)
8.38%

Watched Threads