Angiogram1
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by isabelle_04)
so hopefully the scores will be closer to the 2400 mark for wp meaning the cut off will be a bit lower, praying for that at least haha
Fingers crossed for you
charfreemannn
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
What is the difference between a BSc and MBBS (sorry if this is a stupid question but this degree jargon is so confusing to me!)
charfreemannn
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Also hey
Applying with 3025 B3 (my friend last year got in with a Band 3 so hopefully it won't impact me too much)
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by charfreemannn)
What is the difference between a BSc and MBBS (sorry if this is a stupid question but this degree jargon is so confusing to me!)
BSc is just a Bachelor of Science degree (so what you would get for doing Biomed, for example; or an intercalated degree)

MBBS is Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery so it's a "double degree" you get for graduating from medical school. It's the same as BMBS or MBChB
DadofMedic?
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I believe St Andrews course is a BSc as you only do 3 years at St A - transfer elsewhere for the last part (and presumably awarded whatever their students graduate with too). Also a Band 3 - WP applicant so UCAT is boosted to 3,135.
charfreemannn
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by DadofMedic?)
I believe St Andrews course is a BSc as you only do 3 years at St A - transfer elsewhere for the last part (and presumably awarded whatever their students graduate with too). Also a Band 3 - WP applicant so UCAT is boosted to 3,135.
Hopefully, we'll be fine. it's just 1 station out of 6 and my friend did get an offer with b3 so I don't think it's as detrimental to my application as some ppl are making it out to be. anyways, if it does impact me, all my other options don't care about SJ at all Where else are you applying?
Last edited by charfreemannn; 4 weeks ago
Angiogram1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hopefully, we'll be fine. it's just 1 station out of 12 and my friend did get an offer with b3 so I don't think it's as detrimental to my application as some ppl are making it out to be. anyways, if it does impact me, all my other options don't care about SJ at all Where else are you applying?
Think it is more like 1 station out of 7 per the website
DadofMedic?
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hopefully, we'll be fine. it's just 1 station out of 12 and my friend did get an offer with b3 so I don't think it's as detrimental to my application as some ppl are making it out to be. anyways, if it does impact me, all my other options don't care about SJ at all Where else are you applying?
My son's applying - Newcastle, Kent and Sheffield (who also care about SJ at interview) - main reason for selecting these is lower offers (contextual)......realise the risk - but far higher proportion have band 3 this year. Saw others at St A on thread last year who got offers with band 3.
charfreemannn
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Angiogram1)
Think it is more like 1 station out of 7 per the website
Ah is it? I guess I'm thinking of somewhere else. Thanks tho
charfreemannn
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by DadofMedic?)
My son's applying - Newcastle, Kent and Sheffield (who also care about SJ at interview) - main reason for selecting these is lower offers (contextual)......realise the risk - but far higher proportion have band 3 this year. Saw others at St A on thread last year who got offers with band 3.
Oh rightttt idk how I didn't realise with ur username lol. Yeah exactly, more ppl had Band 1/2 last yr but less do this year, yet ppl with B3 still got accepted. Anyways, good luck to ur son with his application!
DadofMedic?
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Oh rightttt idk how I didn't realise with ur username lol. Yeah exactly, more ppl had Band 1/2 last yr but less do this year, yet ppl with B3 still got accepted. Anyways, good luck to ur son with his application!
Good luck to you too.
Jojoster
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
If you have a high UCAT score (2800) but a band 4, will that mean you’ll get rejected?
xxxhazalxxx1
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hi Guys, I’m a RUK student with a 10% boosted ucat score of 3256 B2. Whilst applying I chose to go down the Scottish pathway which in hindsight may have been a silly decision due to the high threshold. What are my chances? Also does anyone have any St. Andrews specific interview resources?
Angiogram1
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Jojoster)
If you have a high UCAT score (2800) but a band 4, will that mean you’ll get rejected?
They use SJT as part of the interview score so I suppose that you will get zero for that station. It doesn’t say they won’t shortlist for interview if you get a high enough UCAT
Angiogram1
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by xxxhazalxxx1)
Hi Guys, I’m a RUK student with a 10% boosted ucat score of 3256 B2. Whilst applying I chose to go down the Scottish pathway which in hindsight may have been a silly decision due to the high threshold. What are my chances? Also does anyone have any St. Andrews specific interview resources?
No one can give you specific interview resources other than what is detailed on the ST Andrews website
charfreemannn
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
that should be high enough for scottish route
CatInTheCorner
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Wait please don't tell me you're the person who had offers last year and declined them? Where are you applying this year then?
xxxhazalxxx1
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by CatInTheCorner)
Wait please don't tell me you're the person who had offers last year and declined them? Where are you applying this year then?
Yeah, that’s me . I’m applying to St Andrews, Glasgow, Manchester and Bristol and have just received an offer from Birmingham for Biomed. Omg, I can’t believe you recognise me from that, not my greatest moment but genuinely so glad I took this gap year. I’m a much stronger applicant this year and am thoroughly enjoying my gap year!
Vetrix42
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Yeah, that’s me . I’m applying to St Andrews, Glasgow, Manchester and Bristol and have just received an offer from Birmingham for Biomed. Omg, I can’t believe you recognise me from that, not my greatest moment but genuinely so glad I took this gap year. I’m a much stronger applicant this year and am thoroughly enjoying my gap year!
Which offer did you turn down?
charfreemannn
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Why didn't you just defer?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you find most difficult about revising?

Prioritising what to revise (10)
10.75%
Remembering what was covered in lessons (1)
1.08%
Finding the time to revise (7)
7.53%
Finding the motivation (23)
24.73%
Getting distracted (14)
15.05%
Procrastination (37)
39.78%
Having the tools you need (0)
0%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
1.08%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed