medprincess
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
becausethenight would it be sensible to apply to plymouth for me:

GCSE: 9,9,9,9,9,8,8,8,7
UCAT: 2520 B2
A-level predictions: A*AA (A* in Psychology, A in Bio and Chem)
Last edited by medprincess; 3 weeks ago
MedBuddy
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
My UCAT 2710 , b2
Gcse: six 9s. Four 8s
A level predicted: A*A* A
Good amount of work experience at Gp surgery
And 6 months hospital volunteering ( still on)
One week work experience at pharmacy, Volunteering at Covid vaccination centre
Can I keep Plymouth as my safe option for 2022 entry?
kekedoyouloveme?
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Achieved A-levels: AAA (resit student who didn't get ABB first sitting is applying after with Achieved grades just like it says)
UCAT :2650 band 2 SJT
GCSE's: 1A*,6A's and 3B's

I just wanted to know with my GCSE's will it be okay? I haven't heard them mention the word ranking like other Uni's do when it comes to their selection process but it does say the whole qualification profile of applicants will be looked at and that would be their deciding factor alone.

it's a bummer because in one of my A-levels I was two marks of the A* regardless of how much I got it remarked ;/ and I think that'll go against me.

But overall is my Qualification profile pretty decent, or is it still risky for me?

If they overtake the need for A* and just look at UCAT then I know I'm okay, and I think they're going to raise UCAT threshold because I phoned them too and they did say that whilst an A* would be advantageous, that an AAA will also be fine.

becausethenight do you mind helping me out here, just need another person's two cents on it!
Last edited by kekedoyouloveme?; 2 weeks ago
ClarissaBella
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by kekedoyouloveme?)
Achieved A-levels: AAA (resit student who didn't get ABB first sitting is applying after with Achieved grades just like it says)
UCAT :2650 band 2 SJT
GCSE's: 1A*,6A's and 3B's

I just wanted to know with my GCSE's will it be okay? I haven't heard them mention the word ranking like other Uni's do when it comes to their selection process but it does say the whole qualification profile of applicants will be looked at and that would be their deciding factor alone.

it's a bummer because in one of my A-levels I was two marks of the A* regardless of how much I got it remarked ;/ and I think that'll go against me.

But overall is my Qualification profile pretty decent, or is it still risky for me?

If they overtake the need for A* and just look at UCAT then I know I'm okay, and I think they're going to raise UCAT threshold because I phoned them too and they did say that whilst an A* would be advantageous, that an AAA will also be fine.

becausethenight do you mind helping me out here, just need another person's two cents on it!
As much as anyone can predict, your UCAT is very likely to be well above their cut off. In terms of risk, I'm sure you know that last year you would not have been offered an interview because you did not have an A*, but it sounds from your conversation with them that they have suggested they are not going to repeat that this year?
Zoe__
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
If they do decide to go with A* AA do they require A*AA predicted or is that just for the offer.
aspmedic
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Zoe__)
If they do decide to go with A* AA do they require A*AA predicted or is that just for the offer.
The 'usual' offer is still AAA
ClarissaBella
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Zoe__)
They say their 'typical' offer is 'A*AA or AAA'. The point about last year was that they received so many applications they needed to add an additional filter of deciding they would only interview those with at least one A* predicted (I'm presuming in a science, but I'm not certain about this). Most people seem to think they are likely to raise the UCAT threshold, which this year they are not disclosing in advance, rather than impose the A* for interview requirement again. However, there is no guarantee of this and they do say on their website that the academic profile is also considered.
Last edited by ClarissaBella; 2 weeks ago
medprincess
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi guys can ANYONE, and I mean absolutely ANYONE give me their prediction of what Plymouth's UCAT cut-off will be this year!!!? I just want a rough idea of what people think, thank youuuu!
Last edited by medprincess; 2 weeks ago
Zoe__
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by medprincess)
Hi guys can ANYONE, and I mean absolutely ANYONE give me their prediction of what Plymouth's UCAT cut-off will be this year!!!? I just want a rough idea of what people think, thank youuuu!
My guesss = 2550
medprincess
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Zoe__)
My guesss = 2550
thanks for the reply!
Macdeez44
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Help!
I meet GCSE requirements (just)
Predicted A*AA or possibly A*A*A
2700 band 4😭
Personal statement is alright…..

Has anyone applied in a similar situation? I emailed about my band 4 and I got a response saying its not used in weighting.
Also does anyone else get anxiety about this stuff and all the unknown especially with Covid..?
medprincess
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
In order for us all to be able to make more informed decisions, EVERYONE LIST YOUR PREDCITIONS FOR WHAT PLYMOUTH'S CUT-OFF WILL BE THIS YEAR:

I'll start: 2500
Last edited by medprincess; 2 weeks ago
Rara345
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
In order for us all to be able to make more informed decisions, EVERYONE LIST YOUR PREDCITIONS FOR WHAT PLYMOUTH'S CUT-OFF WILL BE THIS YEAR:

How will random predictions help us make more informed choices?
GANFYD
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago

How does a group of people with no inside knowledge and no experience of med school admissions guessing a number help inform anyone?
Macdeez44
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago

If you are talking about UCAT I think 2610. Just a guess lol
NapCake
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Name:  0F7DEE12-58A0-4559-BF55-9ED46A649942.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  146.6 KB
This would be more useful than random predictions.
aspmedic
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by NapCake)
Name:  0F7DEE12-58A0-4559-BF55-9ED46A649942.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  146.6 KB
This would be more useful than random predictions.
This is a FOI request response for 2020:

2020 Entry - Home/EU 2020 Entry
The number of applications 1238
The number of applicants who were invited to interview 891
The number of offers made 447
The number of final acceptances (including deferrals who will start in 2021) 172
The average UCAT of those given an Interview. 2563

For 2021 (based upon information from Plymouth during my son's application) the total number of applicants went up to 1,900 or so this year and less than 400 were interviewed. The pass score for interview was 115 points from an available 135. They also filtered the very large number of applicants (prior to offer) on an A* (predicted) in a science subject (as well as the UCAT threshold) to help down select (my son was predicted 3 A* and achieved 3A*). He had a UCAT of 2620. His offer however, was AAA. He started in September and is really enjoying the city and the course. I hope this helps those interested in Plymouth.
ClarissaBella
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by aspmedic)

The number of final acceptances (including deferrals who will start in 2021) 172

For 2021 (based upon information from Plymouth during my son's application) the total number of applicants went up to 1,900 or so this year and less than 400 were interviewed. The pass score for interview was 115 points from an available 135. They also filtered the very large number of applicants (prior to offer) on an A* (predicted) in a science subject (as well as the UCAT threshold) to help down select (my son was predicted 3 A* and achieved 3A*). He had a UCAT of 2620. His offer however, was AAA. He started in September and is really enjoying the city and the course. I hope this helps those interested in Plymouth.
This is indeed helpful and very kind of you to provide this information.
MedBuddy
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
minulipremadasa
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by aspmedic)

Wow that's really helpful thank you!

How do you calculate the score that you mentioned?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling now you've started university?

I'm loving it! (48)
13.41%
I'm enjoying it but I'm still settling in (93)
25.98%
I'm a bit unsure (63)
17.6%
I'm finding things difficult (124)
34.64%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (30)
8.38%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed