YRK01
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by harrietrose17)
Ooh that would be good since I have all A* predictions too but I don’t think so. They basically rank you ucat wise and then last year threw in an A* prediction but not as a bonus, but an academic requirement, so I don’t think so
do you think there will be an A* academic requirement this year?
harrietrose17
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by YRK01)
do you think there will be an A* academic requirement this year?
Idk, I don’t know if they’ve said anything on it so maybe have a look on their website and see if they explicitly state it? I don’t think they do but I can’t remember haha. They may do, especially with this year predicted to be as competitive or even more so as last year. It’s just as easy way to get rid of people. But since they aren’t releasing their cut off early like they did last year they may choose to just up the ucat cut off not the prediction. Who knows basically
daisydavidson65
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
i

(Original post by harrietrose17)
Idk, I don’t know if they’ve said anything on it so maybe have a look on their website and see if they explicitly state it? I don’t think they do but I can’t remember haha. They may do, especially with this year predicted to be as competitive or even more so as last year. It’s just as easy way to get rid of people. But since they aren’t releasing their cut off early like they did last year they may choose to just up the ucat cut off not the prediction. Who knows basically
i hope they dont use the A* requirment, it still says A*AA-AAA on their website so like you said no one knows
Seraph313
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hey guys! I'm an international applicant for medicine and was wondering if Plymouth would accept me with these stats:

IGCSES; 7A*s
A Level predictions: 4 A*s (Chem, Phy, Bio, Maths)

UCAT: 2650
VR: 700
DM: 690
QR: 660
AR: 600
SJT: Band 2

Work Exp: COVID vaccination drive volunteer, HR intern at local hospital

Does anyone know what was the UCAt cutoff for intl students in 2020?

Any advice is highly appreciated!
becausethenight
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by daisydavidson65)
i

i hope they dont use the A* requirment, it still says A*AA-AAA on their website so like you said no one knows
If you look through the thread, there was a message from the Plymouth rep (although it is clear as mud). Personally I would not risk it without the A* unless I was very limited in my options.
Username4u
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
How likely is it for ucat cut off to increase above 2440? I have A*s for alevel predicted grades so I’m hoping them to use A* rather than raising the ucat cut off…
Rara345
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by becausethenight)
If you look through the thread, there was a message from the Plymouth rep (although it is clear as mud). Personally I would not risk it without the A* unless I was very limited in my options.
Did the A* prediction have to be in chemistry last year or just in any science subject?
Ty :0)
username5814956
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Rara345)
Did the A* prediction have to be in chemistry last year or just in any science subject?
Ty :0)
I think it was in any science, but I'm not sure. (I believe they count Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Maths and Psychology all as sciences)
Rara345
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by medprincess)
I think it was in any science, but I'm not sure. (I believe they count Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Maths and Psychology all as sciences)
Okay ty! I thought so too but wanted to check
rose289
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I know they prioritised A* predicted last year but do they like achieved grades, if I already have AAA is it worth a shot since their offer is AAA?
GANFYD
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by rose289)
I know they prioritised A* predicted last year but do they like achieved grades, if I already have AAA is it worth a shot since their offer is AAA?
They do not prioritise achieved grades. Depends whether they insist on an A* for shortlisting again this year, or just use UCAT
benmathewjoseph
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I just want to check and clarify that they do not check gcses. My Alevels are A*, A*, A* in all 3 sciences (biology,chemistry, psychology.) But my GCSES are extremely low (but they do meet the entry requirements). I was hesitating to apply to Uni of Plymouth as nearly everyone who has applied has got very high GCSES.
becausethenight
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by benmathewjoseph)
I just want to check and clarify that they do not check gcses. My Alevels are A*, A*, A* in all 3 sciences (biology,chemistry, psychology.) But my GCSES are extremely low (but they do meet the entry requirements). I was hesitating to apply to Uni of Plymouth as nearly everyone who has applied has got very high GCSES.
They just look for the entry requirements, you should be fine Correlation isn’t causation - most med applicants will have good GCSEs because it correlates with being able to do A levels etc, not because it’s a requirement.
Last edited by becausethenight; 2 weeks ago
chillipeppa
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
hey guys does applying before the deadline give an advantage or are applications only considered after the deadline
Stoic15
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi, I’m applying with achieved A levels all at A*’s, but with a ucat of 2370 B2 I’m also a contextual applicant. Chance of interview?
golden_jams
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by chillipeppa)
hey guys does applying before the deadline give an advantage or are applications only considered after the deadline
As long as your application is submitted by the deadline there's no advantage to applying on September 14th compared to October 13th.
Last edited by golden_jams; 2 weeks ago
ClarissaBella
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Stoic15)
Hi, I’m applying with achieved A levels all at A*’s, but with a ucat of 2370 B2 I’m also a contextual applicant. Chance of interview?
They have some information here:
https://www.plymouth.ac.uk/courses/u...y-requirements
You could also email them.
dr100
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
so if I have a*a a predictions and get an offer, but get aaa at the end of the year would they accept it ?
GANFYD
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by dr100)
so if I have a*a a predictions and get an offer, but get aaa at the end of the year would they accept it ?
Offers were AAA last year, I believe, but they do say may be AAA - A*AA, so they have reserved the right to increase offers if they decide they want to
Rara345
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by GANFYD)
Offers were AAA last year, I believe, but they do say may be AAA - A*AA, so they have reserved the right to increase offers if they decide they want to
Apparently the A* prediction had to be in a science, if they do increase the offer to AAA* do you know if it has to be in a science + when we will find out?
Thanks, sorry that’s not particularity coherent
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (316)
57.25%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (77)
13.95%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (62)
11.23%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (48)
8.7%
I haven't started researching yet (28)
5.07%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (21)
3.8%

Watched Threads