The Student Room Group

University of Plymouth A100 2022 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
wait there's only 5 stations ?? the interview slot i booked is from 2:30 to 4 how many questions are they asking??
Original post by Sarah1520
do you think they will ask about covid because i am findng the covid questions on the medicmind website really difficult?

Nah I don't think so I've had an MMI (not from Plymouth) and they wanted something other than covid-19 which I think is good because every damn day the news is changing or there's something "new" about Omicron, it's so hard to a) keep up and b) give a timeline of events.
Original post by xivst
wait there's only 5 stations ?? the interview slot i booked is from 2:30 to 4 how many questions are they asking??

That time includes checking in and moving between stations :smile:
Original post by xivst

At least 5 :smile: - I forgot whether it's 4 or 5 MMI stations. I should go and check again
Original post by KA_P
At least 5 :smile: - I forgot whether it's 4 or 5 MMI stations. I should go and check again

It is five station each five minutes btw :smile:
Original post by teebslmao
It is five station each five minutes btw :smile:

Thank you :biggrin:
I'm getting back into interview prep after a short break from my first interview 🙈
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by KA_P
Thank you :biggrin:
I'm getting back into interview prep after a short break from my first interview 🙈

Ahh 😆😆 when is your Plymouth one?
Ahh 😆😆 when is your Plymouth one?

20th :smile:
Original post by KA_P

Good luck!
Good luck!

Thank you 🤗 good luck to you too!!
Original post by KA_P
Thank you 🤗 good luck to you too!!

Thank youuu 💖
Original post by medst.2019
the course is enquiry based learning (EBL) but you still have lectures and other styles of teaching. Unless they change it before September the timetable for first and second year is based on 2 week cases during which you have 3x EBL sessions in a group of about 9 people. Supporting those sessions you also have plenaries a couple of times a week that are normally linked to the case, and LSRC (life sciences resource centre) sessions. The LSRC sessions usually require a bit of self-preparation work and are really useful opportunities to ask questions and apply your learning in a variety of ways. You also visit derriford for clinical skills once a week and have a placement (about 3 hours) every two weeks. There are also some random weeks thrown in where you work on longer-term projects, essays or any lectures which don't fit into normal case weeks
Years 3,4, and 5 are a bit different and mainly placement based but you still have lectures and clinical skills sessions based at either Derriford, Torbay or Taunton.

And here I was thinking EBL meant electronic based learning :colondollar:

Learn something new everyday...

Probably best for me to stick to EBL and Spiral based layered learning.
Original post by kekedoyouloveme?
Nah I don't think so I've had an MMI (not from Plymouth) and they wanted something other than covid-19 which I think is good because every damn day the news is changing or there's something "new" about Omicron, it's so hard to a) keep up and b) give a timeline of events.

Thanks, yeah I’ve tried to make a timeline but so many things have happened that it’s difficult to keep track. I decided to focus more on questions that could have COVID context eg vaccinations, challenges in the nhs etc
Original post by KA_P

My interview is on the 20th too!
Anyone know if we get reading time on the first question of each station ie one minute?
Starting to ask myself why I booked my interview for the first day (17th)😭
Original post by catgirl18

Girl same
Original post by catgirl18

Original post by sushim4nia
Girl same

LIKEWISE:cry:
Original post by Sarah1520
My interview is on the 20th too!

Ay, 20th gang! What time?