Is it worth getting textbooks for a levels?

Watch this thread
Mkm5
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
I’ve just started sixth form and I’m doing
- Biology OCR A
-Chemistry OCR A
-Maths OCR B
-English literature OCR

Is it worth getting textbooks or revision guides for the sciences and maths or just using class notes and online resources?

Thanks you
Kogomogo
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 months ago
I think revision guides are useful, especially for science. For maths i think past papers are the best route to go, but a guide may be helpful if you feel you would benefit. Not sure about english courses as i never did one.

I wouldn't get a textbook before you start (different teachers may prefer different ones, and you might find your notes and a revision guide are sufficient). Your college should have a library and I think for how often you'd use most textbooks you'd be best just borrowing one.
lion973
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
I would say it’s worth it but completely depends on you!
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Mkm5)
I’ve just started sixth form and I’m doing
- Biology OCR A
-Chemistry OCR A
-Maths OCR B
-English literature OCR

Is it worth getting textbooks or revision guides for the sciences and maths or just using class notes and online resources?

Thanks you
I would have thought your school will provide any texts you need.
Mkm5
Rep:
(Original post by Muttley79)
I would have thought your school will provide any texts you need.
They have them for in the lessons but they said you may want your own to make notes in or just to have at home
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Mkm5)
They have them for in the lessons but they said you may want your own to make notes in or just to have at home
You can't take them home? How is work set then? If they expect you to buy them they should be bulk buying them to save you money.

Maths has some great free websites like: https://www.drfrostmaths.com/sow.php...2017&term=Main
Mkm5
Rep:
(Original post by Muttley79)
You can't take them home? How is work set then? If they expect you to buy them they should be bulk buying them to save you money.

Maths has some great free websites like: https://www.drfrostmaths.com/sow.php...2017&term=Main
Yeah I’m not sure but thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (252)
42.78%
The paper was reasonable (247)
41.94%
Not feeling great about that exam... (52)
8.83%
It was TERRIBLE (38)
6.45%

Watched Threads