SFE Funding for Course Transfer (plz help, needed immediately)

Watch
Kazzielynnn73
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hello so I did an science extended degree which essentially is like a foundation year that leads into a undergraduate bsc If I pass the year at 40% , which I did.
The thing is I've had second doubts about my course. I wanted to go into physiotherapy which isn't the course offered via the extended degree but can be done via internal application to transfer. Thing is I had missed the course deadline and it was full so I couldn't apply for the 2021 start. I was also told that the extended degree (year 0) didn't have enough biological content and that I should top up and apply for the next academic year (2022).
I've chosen to progress onto a biological science course that is offered via the extended degree just in case I am unsuccessful with my transfer for 2022. I can finish a biological undergrad and apply for pre reg physiotherapy masters.
I'm just confused in terms of funding if I do make my 2022 transfer successful. Cause I would have done the extended degree (which is like year 0) then 1 year in an biological undergraduate before transferring to physiotherapy which 3 years. So it'll be 5 years in total.
The whole sfe funding seems confusing and I also heard the physiotherapy degree will get some funding from NHS.
I just want to know if funding in terms of course loan and maintenance loan will be all covered or not. Will I have to self fund a year?
I've seen similar post about it but the explanation was confusing and I don't know if it'll apply to my case. Especially the new course years + 1 - previous years calculation ( not sure if I did that right) I dont understand it at all it confuses me. so please could someone explain everything.
Thank you
Sfe SFE Isaac PQ
Last edited by Kazzielynnn73; 3 months ago
Kazzielynnn73
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Sfe SFE Isaac please help
Last edited by Kazzielynnn73; 2 months ago
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Kazzielynnn73)
Hello so I did an science extended degree which essentially is like a foundation year that leads into a undergraduate bsc If I pass the year at 40% , which I did.
The thing is I've had second doubts about my course. I wanted to go into physiotherapy which isn't the course offered via the extended degree but can be done via internal application to transfer. Thing is I had missed the course deadline and it was full so I couldn't apply for the 2021 start. I was also told that the extended degree (year 0) didn't have enough biological content and that I should top up and apply for the next academic year (2022).
I've chosen to progress onto a biological science course that is offered via the extended degree just in case I am unsuccessful with my transfer for 2022. I can finish a biological undergrad and apply for pre reg physiotherapy masters.
I'm just confused in terms of funding if I do make my 2022 transfer successful. Cause I would have done the extended degree (which is like year 0) then 1 year in an biological undergraduate before transferring to physiotherapy which 3 years. So it'll be 5 years in total.
The whole sfe funding seems confusing and I also heard the physiotherapy degree will get some funding from NHS.
I just want to know if funding in terms of course loan and maintenance loan will be all covered or not. Will I have to self fund a year?
I've seen similar post about it but the explanation was confusing and I don't know if it'll apply to my case. Especially the new course years + 1 - previous years calculation ( not sure if I did that right) I dont understand it at all it confuses me. so please could someone explain everything.
Thank you
Sfe SFE Isaac PQ
Sfe SFE Isaac please help
Hi, your previous study will not affect your eligibility for the physiotherapy course.
Thanks, Isaac
Kazzielynnn73
Rep:
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by SFE Isaac)
Hi, your previous study will not affect your eligibility for the physiotherapy course.
Thanks, Isaac
Hello, would that mean I will not need to self fund at all. That all the 3 years of £9250 course cost will be covered.

Thank you
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
Hello, would that mean I will not need to self fund at all. That all the 3 years of £9250 course cost will be covered.

Thank you
For a physiotherapy course, your previous study won't affect your eligibility - you will be able to apply for funding as long as you meet the residency criteria.

We will fund the following AHP courses regardless of your previous study:
• Chiropody
• Dental hygiene (Honours degree, diploma or foundation degree)
• Dental therapy (Honours degree, diploma or foundation degree)
• Dental hygiene and dental therapy (Joint or dual honours)
• Dietetics
• Dietetics and nutrition
• Midwifery (Degree or diploma level)
• Nursing (Degree or diploma level)
• Nursing and social work (Dual honours)
• Occupational therapy
• Operating department practice (Degree or diploma level)
• Orthoptics
• Physiotherapy
• Podiatry
• Prosthetics and Orthotics
• Radiography
• Radiotherapy
• Speech and language therapy

Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (37)
9.61%
Okay (112)
29.09%
A bit lacking (145)
37.66%
Not good at all (91)
23.64%

Watched Threads