The Student Room Group
School of Oriental and African Studies
London

Official SOAS University of London 2022 Applicants Thread

Hey everyone! :wavey:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to SOAS for 2022 entry.

Meet and chat to other people applying here.

Ice breaker questions:
- What course are you applying for?
- What subjects are you studying now?
- Why SOAS?

You can find a link to the UCAS Applications + Uni group chat threads 2022 Official thread here.

Good luck! :clap2:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi! My name is George. I am currently studying Maths, Chemistry and English lit. A-level. I have applied to Ba Korean, Korean and International Relations and Chinese at SOAS. (Very different than my A-levels I must say :biggrin:) The main attraction for SOAS to me is the diversity not just in the subjects that are taught but also in the student body. (And it is situated in a very nice part of London) Would love to get to know anyone else who is thinking of applying!
School of Oriental and African Studies
London
Original post by GT101
Hi! My name is George. I am currently studying Maths, Chemistry and English lit. A-level. I have applied to Ba Korean, Korean and International Relations and Chinese at SOAS. (Very different than my A-levels I must say :biggrin:) The main attraction for SOAS to me is the diversity not just in the subjects that are taught but also in the student body. (And it is situated in a very nice part of London) Would love to get to know anyone else who is thinking of applying!

Best of luck! :woo:
Original post by RazzzBerries

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to SOAS for 2022 entry.

Ice breaker questions:
- Why SOAS?

You can find a link to the UCAS Applications + Uni group chat threads 2022 Official thread here.

Hi! I am applying for their standard 3 year LLB degree. I currently study Law, Sociology, and Psychology. SOAS is very unique, I really like how different the modules are, how diverse the community is there, and its location!
Original post by Anonymous
Hi! I am applying for their standard 3 year LLB degree. I currently study Law, Sociology, and Psychology. SOAS is very unique, I really like how different the modules are, how diverse the community is there, and its location!

Awhh best of luck!
Hi, I have applied for social anthropology and law.
I am studying psychology,sociology,philosophy and ethics as well doing and EPQ.
I chose SOAS due to the uniqueness of how they present the subjects and the ranking internationally.
Reply 6
Original post by GT101

There's a thread of those of us doing Korean in 2022 of you wanna post there too!
hi everyone, I've applied for law two weeks ago. I was wondering if anyone received an offer, and if so, how long did it take?
Original post by E.ky
hi everyone, I've applied for law two weeks ago. I was wondering if anyone received an offer, and if so, how long did it take?

I changed one of my UCAS schools to SOAS for International Relations & Arabic on October 26, and I received an offer on November 30. Good luck!! :smile:
For me, it took 4 weeks!
Original post by RazzzBerries

Ice breaker questions:
- Why SOAS?

Hiya :smile:

My name is Abigail and the course that I am applying for is Law. I currently study English Literature, Government and Politics and French.

I chose SOAS because of its ranking in terms of Law and how it is very inclusive and diverse, especially with modules.
Original post by qtalexandra
I changed one of my UCAS schools to SOAS for International Relations & Arabic on October 26, and I received an offer on November 30. Good luck!! :smile:

Hi, congrats!

Were your other ucas choices for the same/similar subjects?

( and so IR and Arabic were in your Personal Statement?)
has anyone heard anything from soas re llb law?
Original post by ijuhygtf

I applied for social anthropology and law,still not heard anything yet
Original post by Anonymous
I applied for social anthropology and law,still not heard anything yet

j got my offer (:

good luck w getting yours!!
Hello everybody!

- I've applied for History BA at SOAS. I just got my conditional offer today 😁

- I do IB, so my HL subjects are English, Computer Science and History and my SL subjects are Maths, French ab and Classical Civilisation

- I really like the modules SOAS has, and have always had some perk of interest in the Asia region and how international powers influence it. Also, it's a good insurance choice, and close to home (I live in London)
(edited 2 years ago)
Just got an offer for accounting and finance :smile:
j got my offer (:

good luck w getting yours!!

congrats on the offer!!
Original post by Parent2425
Hi, congrats!

Were your other ucas choices for the same/similar subjects?

( and so IR and Arabic were in your Personal Statement?)

IR wasn't in my personal statement but Arabic was. All my other courses are Arabic/Middle Eastern studies, or Arabic/Islamic studies

I sent my personal statement on the 3rd of November and got an offer from SOAS between the 25-30th November. Don't worry, I'm pretty sure you will get a reply soon! :smile:

Quick Reply