The Student Room Group
Goldsmiths, University of London
Goldsmiths College, University of London
London

Official Goldsmiths University of London 2022 Applicants Thread

Hey everyone!

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to Goldsmiths for 2022 entry.

Meet and chat to other people applying here.

Ice breaker questions:
- What course are you applying for?
- What subjects are you studying now?
- Why Goldsmiths?

You can find a link to the UCAS Applications + Uni group chat threads 2022 Official thread here.

Good luck!

Scroll to see replies

Wow it’s empty in here lol- I’m applying for Design and I’m studying a foundation art diploma currently. :smile:
Goldsmiths, University of London
Goldsmiths College, University of London
London
Just applied for Popular Music :biggrin:
Just got an interview request :s-smilie:
Original post by LegoSlayer
Just got an interview request :s-smilie:

well in! mind if i ask how long ago you sent in your application?
Original post by HahaPleaseGodNo
well in! mind if i ask how long ago you sent in your application?

I sent my application on the 18th January :smile:. Be warned: super short notice! I got the request yesterday and had to send my portfolio + 3 50-100 word answers to questions today. Then the interview is on Wednesday.
(edited 2 years ago)
I got an offer!!
I applied for MSc Psychology (Conversion) course. I got an offer! I choose Goldsmiths because of its reputation. I studied BA (Hons) Film at University of Roehampton before.
Original post by LegoSlayer
I got an offer!!

congrats! how was the interview ? anything I should prepare for I've had to reschedule my interview because of how short notice it was :frown:
Original post by Georgeflux
congrats! how was the interview ? anything I should prepare for I've had to reschedule my interview because of how short notice it was :frown:

Ty! Basically they ask you to explain your fave bit of your portfolio (for design, what subject r u doing?), why goldsmiths and ‘tell me about yourself’. Then ‘do you have any questions’ it’s pretty short interview.
oh nice, that doesn't sound too bad! I have applied for design too but I was expecting this interview to be the scariest out of all for some reason but it should be okay, thank u!
I’ve just got an offer onto the integrated anthropology degree course! looking forward to it :-)
I applied on the 20th of Jan for the MA Brands, Communication and Culture, I have a comms degree with a few relevant internships. I haven't heard from them yet. :frown:
(edited 2 years ago)
Hi all,

I’m actually just completing my undergraduate degree in Goldsmiths for English Literature. I have also applied for a Masters in Black British Literature at the Uni!:smile:
Just had an offer for Criminology! Can’t wait 🥳
Original post by Georgeflux
oh nice, that doesn't sound too bad! I have applied for design too but I was expecting this interview to be the scariest out of all for some reason but it should be okay, thank u!

I personally think that my interview went pretty bad coz I was super nervous, so I couldn't really express clearly my thoughts ( didn't even know what i was talking about) T^T Tho I got a offer by the end of it, I still felt quite bad especially for the person who interviewed me. My advice for you is just to get PREPARED, good luck !
Hi all! I applied for BA in Sociology and Politics and received an offer. Goldsmiths is my top uni choice so I am excited to see what the future holds!
Hey! I just got accepted and, although I am super excited, I am also a tad worried about the teacher's strike that is going on. Do you guys know anything about what would happen if there is a strike during our time in Goldsmiths (make up classes? chances in schedule?) or know anyone who has studied at Goldsmiths while a strike was going on?
Original post by Anonymous
Hey! I just got accepted and, although I am super excited, I am also a tad worried about the teacher's strike that is going on. Do you guys know anything about what would happen if there is a strike during our time in Goldsmiths (make up classes? chances in schedule?) or know anyone who has studied at Goldsmiths while a strike was going on?

Hey, congrats on being accepted! As a current Goldsmiths student, it all depends on what subject you’re studying. I know that currently, the history department is having teach outs where students basically take initiative and hold study sessions. Make up classes and changes in schedules aren’t something which lecturers do but they do take into consideration when exam season comes along and I’ve had topics removed from exams because of strikes as we haven’t been taught them (I’ve studied in Goldsmiths for four years and I’ve seen strikes throughout all four years).
Reply 19
Original post by swandering
I applied on the 20th of Jan for the MA Brands, Communication and Culture, I have a comms degree with a few relevant internships. I haven't heard from them yet. :frown:

Hey did u hear back from them yet ? I heard back today for post graduate ! Hope you hear back soon :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending