The Student Room Group
Goldsmiths, University of London
Goldsmiths College, University of London
London

Official Goldsmiths University of London 2022 Applicants Thread

Scroll to see replies

has anyone applying to the fine art undergraduate course heard back?
Goldsmiths, University of London
Goldsmiths College, University of London
London
Reply 21
Original post by wretchedslummy
has anyone applying to the fine art undergraduate course heard back?

I got an unconditional offer like a month ago
Reply 22
But I’m accepted to extension degree cause I didn’t do a foundation
Original post by Hannahdxoxo
I applied for MSc Psychology (Conversion) course. I got an offer! I choose Goldsmiths because of its reputation. I studied BA (Hons) Film at University of Roehampton before.

Hi, congrats on the offer. Could you please let me know what are the requirements to get an offer from Goldsmith's? I got an offer from Cardiff but I am planning to apply to Goldsmith's as well because I want to stay in London. Also did BA (hons) in film and tv from Nottingham so we have quite a bit in common :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Hey! I just got accepted and, although I am super excited, I am also a tad worried about the teacher's strike that is going on. Do you guys know anything about what would happen if there is a strike during our time in Goldsmiths (make up classes? chances in schedule?) or know anyone who has studied at Goldsmiths while a strike was going on?

Hey, there are no make up classes, anything you want to do to continue your studies is your responsibility, whether its forming a study group or researching topics you're not sure about. My seminar leader refused to answer a student's question about the course material because it was related to content from during the strike. Teachers aren't even meant to respond to your emails during strikes. Hope that helps
Original post by Linjiii
I got an unconditional offer like a month ago

weird because the portfolio deadline was on the 16th February??
Reply 26
Original post by wretchedslummy
weird because the portfolio deadline was on the 16th February??

If you upload your portfolio early they will give interviews earlier. I uploaded my portfolio in November and I think they interviewed a batch of people in January.
Original post by Linjiii
If you upload your portfolio early they will give interviews earlier. I uploaded my portfolio in November and I think they interviewed a batch of people in January.

Ah ok, I sent in my portfolio in February to be fair, I'm going to call them up today
Submitted my portfolio on Jan and did not heard back from them… got rejected from UAL but accepted to Kingston did anyone else heard back from about interviews? Or any BA offers?
Original post by Bowwow568
Submitted my portfolio on Jan and did not heard back from them… got rejected from UAL but accepted to Kingston did anyone else heard back from about interviews? Or any BA offers?

Submitted my application during mid Nov, accepted by 3s atm. I had an interview with UAL (chelsea) last week, got a verbal offer and I just submited my portfolio to CSM few days ago, gonna wait and see if CSM is going to interview me or not. But I think I will be choosing Goldsmiths for my BA :smile:
Hey, is there anyone who applied for BA Design? I sent my application at the 24th of January but im very confused since i haven't even received a portfolio request yet- I recieved a mail from the admissions team that i had to send my highschool / foundation diploma certificate & transcript at Jan 31 so I sent them on Feb 3rd, and got an email like this;

>I can confirm your documents have been received.
Your application is now with the Admissions tutor for consideration.
We will be in contact with you again when we have an update on your application status.<

and theres still no update from them even though i sent a query to the admissions team but apparently havent got any replies
I got an interview invitation for fine art ba today, so stressed now ahhh
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by libbymorris
I got an interview invitation for fine art ba today, so stressed now ahhh

Ooo how was it? Hope it did go well...
Ooo how was it? Hope it did go well...

Mines on Wednesday, would love a heads up on some of the questions they might ask
Which course did you apply for? The most common questions would be why goldsmiths and why this course. However, I think it depends on the interviewers themselves on what they are interested about you and they would probably ask questions that is related to your subject interest.
Which course did you apply for? The most common questions would be why goldsmiths and why this course. However, I think it depends on the interviewers themselves on what they are interested about you and they would probably ask questions that is related to your subject interest.

I applied for Fine Art and Art History
I applied for Fine Art and Art History

Well, the course I applied for is Design,,,, but I assumed that you did have a foundation year before applying for Fine Art and Art History right? So probably they just gonna ask you to talk about your art portfolio and maybe some of your thoughts on this course? You will definitely be alright with a foundation year so stay confident and good luck!!
Reply 37
Hi. I will be applying for MA in Visual Anthropology. When do they get back to you after the application submission?
Reply 38
Hey guys! I got a conditional acceptance for MA Game Art and Design! Still not 100% sure if I am gonna be choosing goldsmiths though
Reply 39
hi !! I’ve firmed goldsmiths for history with global history. Anyone know where they want to apply for accom?

Quick Reply

Latest