I think i know what is the cause of inceldom and how to solve it

Watch this thread
HucktheForde
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Women prefer men who use metaphorical language when paying compliments in a romantic context

https://www.nature.com/articles/srep40871

Conclusion : Overall this study provides the first evidence that women find men who typically use novel metaphorical language to compliment appearance more attractive than those using prosaic language or complimenting possessions.

Incels may just be struggling in their language skills. Most unrefined guys are just upfront and "in your face" and direct about their "game" and such aggressive and straight forward courtship puts women off.

Solution : Learn pick up lines and have a dictionary of puns at your finger tips.
Last edited by HucktheForde; 9 months ago
anosmianAcrimony
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 9 months ago
Incels are generally incels because of their attitude of entitlement and I am unconvinced that your recommendation will help on that front.
ishaali0002
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by HucktheForde)
Women prefer men who use metaphorical language when paying compliments in a romantic context

https://www.nature.com/articles/srep40871

Conclusion : Overall this study provides the first evidence that women find men who typically use novel metaphorical language to compliment appearance more attractive than those using prosaic language or complimenting possessions.

Incels may just be struggling in their language skills. Most unrefined guys are just upfront and "in your face" and direct about their "game" and such aggressive and straight forward courtship puts women off.

Solution : Learn pick up lines and have a dictionary of puns at your finger tips.
You're thinking of awkward idiots, not incels...there's a world of difference. And also, awkward idiots are nice to hang around because they feel more genuine...incels are more like tiny entitled people who are the most selfish in the world...
anosmianAcrimony
Rep:
Report 9 months ago
Admit-One gave a great summary of what's needed to happily and productively date, today:

(Original post by Admit-One)
Fundamentally, to have a good time and be successful in dating, (online or face to face), you need to:

A) Be happy and content with your life regardless of your relationship status
B) Be respectful of the people that you are interacting with.
C) Be resilient to the fact that most of your interactions won’t be fruitful and acknowledge that it isn’t the ‘fault’ of either party.

Social media is completely dreadful for dating and I would just generally avoid it in general.
Incels can almost be defined by failing on all three counts. They:

A) Are discontented and bitter because of their dating status (single)
B) Are often disrespectful of the people they're interacting with (sometimes in ways they don't even realise or understand)
C) Expect their dating interactions to be fruitful and feel entitled to that. And constantly look for whose fault it is when their interactions are not fruitful - to include becoming insecure about being ugly/short/low social status (whether or not they actually are those things), and/or deciding that women are conspiring against them or rejecting them out of spite.

^^^ This is the cause of inceldom, as much as a single simple cause can be identified.
Last edited by anosmianAcrimony; 9 months ago
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
Admit One gave a great summary of what's needed to happily and productively date, today:

Incels can almost be defined by failing on all three counts. They:

A) Are discontented and bitter because of their dating status (single)
B) Are often disrespectful of the people they're interacting with (sometimes in ways they don't even realise or understand)
C) Expect their dating interactions to be fruitful and feel entitled to that. And constantly look for whose fault it is when their interactions are not fruitful - to include becoming insecure about being ugly/short/low social status (whether or not they actually are those things), and/or deciding that women are conspiring against them or rejecting them out of spite.

^^^ This is the cause of inceldom, as much as a single simple cause can be identified.
To be honest, I hadn’t even considered that the opposite behaviours/attitudes are the ones that foster incel mindsets, but you are absolutely spot on.
anosmianAcrimony
Rep:
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Admit-One)
To be honest, I hadn’t even considered that the opposite behaviours/attitudes are the ones that foster incel mindsets, but you are absolutely spot on.
brjf
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 9 months ago
Incels are just bitter men that can’t handle rejection. It’s almost laughable that a gov adviser went onto BBC news claiming we should treat them as a terror threat
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (17)
29.82%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (22)
38.6%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
3.51%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
5.26%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
7.02%
I’m starting to consider my university options (7)
12.28%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (1)
1.75%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.75%

Watched Threads