The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Scroll to see replies

Original post by gaminghoodwink
do econ + econ history ( you dont need history alevel).

Thanks
I was looking at it. I assume that son’s very academic personal statement for Economics only should work for Econ+Econ History.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by ninjalondon11
Thanks
I was looking at it. I assume that son’s very academic personal statement for Economics only should work for Econ+Econ History.

Hi
I am a gap year student and I have also applied for econ+econ history
That’s nice. What are your other uni choices and your subjects (with predicted grades)
That’s nice. What are your other uni choices and your subjects (with predicted grades)

I have applied to KCL, UCL, Edinburgh, Manchester and I have achieved grade of 94%
Original post by rishabh728
I have applied to KCL, UCL, Edinburgh, Manchester and I have achieved grade of 94%

Wishing you all the best :smile:
Wishing you all the best :smile:

Thank. All the best to you too
Reply 26
I am planning to apply for pure economics with 3A*s and an A in FM. Can anyone currently in LSE tell me wt offers did lse give? is it just the stated requirement of A*AA? Cuz i find FM difficult and time consuming. Is it that if i get A*AA and A* in maths, as long as i get a pass for FM, i would be admitted? I dont want to spend most of my time solving really hard maths questions. Would lse ever give offer with specific requirement with Fm? thanks
hii i'm applying for Accounting and Finance, my other options are KCL, Manchester, QM and Birmingham
my gcse grades are A*8887777B6 but I actually sat the exams instead of getting predicted grades cause I'm homeschooled its complicated lol . my a level predictions are econ (A*), politics (A*) and maths (A) and I've done AS history (b) plus Chinese language proficiency exams so hopefully that's enough to get in :")
Original post by Oliver000
Hey! If you are applying to LSE next year please reply with the course you are applying for, other universities you are applying to , your GCSE grades and predicted A level grades and subjects.
Original post by imstruggling123
hii i'm applying for Accounting and Finance, my other options are KCL, Manchester, QM and Birmingham
my gcse grades are A*8887777B6 but I actually sat the exams instead of getting predicted grades cause I'm homeschooled its complicated lol . my a level predictions are econ (A*), politics (A*) and maths (A) and I've done AS history (b) plus Chinese language proficiency exams so hopefully that's enough to get in :")

Damn you’re really smart! And you actually sat your exams! I feel a bit inadequate I can’t lie.
Original post by imstruggling123

I’m applying to do A&F too but I think you could do better than QM and Birmingham, what about Bristol and Warwick?
Hey! If you are applying to LSE next year please reply with the course you are applying for, other universities you are applying to , your GCSE grades and predicted A level grades and subjects.

1. PPE
2. Oxford, UCL, KCL, Warwick
3. Studied in an American AP System and ended with 5555554 with four AP Exams remaining at the end of this year.
Reply 31
Original post by Anonymous
If you don't have a valid reason for not taking FM you basically haveno chance of actually getting in. Only 5% of people without further maths get in and they all have goods reasons

Where did you get that statistic from?
Original post by Abzdot
Where did you get that statistic from?

Theres a user called helpinglucy or something similar who goes to LSE who gave that stat. I've seen similar but slightly different states around. Lucy gave 40% with further 5% without but I've been 50/10 splits and things like that

Course - Economics
Other Universities - Cambridge, UCL, Warwick, Durham
GCSE grades - 888777665 (Extentuating Circumstances)
Achieved A level Grades (A*A*A* in Physics, Maths, and Economics)
Predicted A level Grade - (A* in Further Maths)
Original post by Wraith01
Course - Economics
Other Universities - Cambridge, UCL, Warwick, Durham
GCSE grades - 888777665 (Extentuating Circumstances)
Achieved A level Grades (A*A*A* in Physics, Maths, and Economics)
Predicted A level Grade - (A* in Further Maths)

Hi, are you a gap year student? If not, how were you able to achieve 3A*s already?
Course - BSc Politics and Economics
GCSE grades - 876666BB44 (this could be my downfall:frown:)
Achieved A level grades - A*AA in Politics, Economics and Mathematics.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, are you a gap year student? If not, how were you able to achieve 3A*s already?

Yeah, I am a gap year student.
Hey guys Im a Singaporean student applying to the UK this cycle.
1. BSC Economics
2. Cambridge, LSE, UCL, Warwick, Bristol
3. Singapore - Cambridge A-Levels 4H2: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Economics (AAAA)

I sent in my application in late September but I haven't gotten any confirmation email from LSE. Is anyone in the same situation as me?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by matamata01
Hey guys Im a Singaporean student applying to the UK this cycle.
1. BSC Economics
2. Cambridge, LSE, UCL, Warwick, Bristol
3. Singapore - Cambridge A-Levels 4H2: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Economics (AAAA)

I sent in my application in late September but I haven't gotten any confirmation email from LSE. Is anyone in the same situation as me?

I applied on 14 sept for economics and economic history and haven’t received confirmation mail from LSE as well as Manchester
Original post by rishabh728
I applied on 14 sept for economics and economic history and haven’t received confirmation mail from LSE as well as Manchester

I applied on Tuesday and got an acknowledgment on Friday.

Latest

Trending

Trending