The Student Room Group

Can life stop giving me lemons??? -A YR12 GYG- (2021-2022)

When life gives you lemons... (I'll let you finish this one off)

*insert drum roll sound effect* :dance:

Hey, I'm pixie and if you're reading this, we're automatically besties <3

This is my first gyg, and to be completely honest, I have absolutely no clue what i'm doing (no literally, it took me nearly an hour to work out how to use spoilers) but also, I have no clue what i'm doing in life, which is a complete and utter mess rn :dong:)

But enough with that, here's a little about me:

Spoiler

Why have I started this gyg you may ask? (I'm well aware nobody's asking, but anyways) Well, me and studying have a love-hate relationship, mostly hate, but I hope to turn that around :smile: Hopefully this gyg gives me the motivation to revise consistently as, really and truly, the last thing I want to do is embarrass myself in front of random people on the internet.

So, enough with the formalities, I've just finished my GCSES, and after a much stressful year, have surprisingly come out of year11 alive. Yay me!! But apparently, worse is to come (although i'm curious how it could get any worse) as I am starting Year 12.

Here are my GCSE grades:

Spoiler

Here are my A Level subjects:

Spoiler

I'm looking forward to taking you along with me as I slowly, but surely, get through my A Levels and figure out what the hell i'm doing with my life (If anyone even cares, that is)

But for now, Over and Out.
- Pixie. :suith:
(edited 2 years ago)
Thank you! I’m glad to have you follow along with my journey :smile:
Hi Pixie - please tag me, I'd love to follow along!
Original post by sadforsadboys
Hi Pixie - please tag me, I'd love to follow along!

I will! Nice to meet you :wink:
Original post by PixiePresents
When life gives you lemons... (I'll let you finish this one off)

*insert drum roll sound effect* :dance:

Hey, I'm pixie and if you're reading this, we're automatically besties <3

This is my first gyg, and to be completely honest, I have absolutely no clue what i'm doing (no literally, it took me nearly an hour to work out how to use spoilers) but also, I have no clue what i'm doing in life, which is a complete and utter mess rn :dong:)

But enough with that, here's a little about me:

Spoiler

Why have I started this gyg you may ask? (I'm well aware nobody's asking, but anyways) Well, me and studying have a love-hate relationship, mostly hate, but I hope to turn that around :smile: Hopefully this gyg gives me the motivation to revise consistently as, really and truly, the last thing I want to do is embarrass myself in front of random people on the internet.

So, enough with the formalities, I've just finished my GCSES, and after a much stressful year, have surprisingly come out of year11 alive. Yay me!! But apparently, worse is to come (although i'm curious how it could get any worse) as I am starting Year 12.

Here are my GCSE grades:

Spoiler

Here are my A Level subjects:

Spoiler

I'm looking forward to taking you along with me as I slowly, but surely, get through my A Levels and figure out what the hell i'm doing with my life (If anyone even cares, that is)

But for now, Over and Out.
- Pixie. :suith:

Hi Pixie!

This blog looks great! Good luck with A-Levels! Tag me, please! :hugs:
Original post by PixiePresents
I will! Nice to meet you :wink:

You too! I also have a study blog, would you like tagged?
Original post by sadforsadboys
You too! I also have a study blog, would you like tagged?

Yes please! I’d love to follow along :smile:
Original post by 5hyl33n
Hi Pixie!

This blog looks great! Good luck with A-Levels! Tag me, please! :hugs:

Of course! And thank you
WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS.... make life take the lemons back

Hey lovelies! So it's been 2 weeks since I started this GYG and here's my first update!

I first started Sixth Form 2 weeks ago, and I'm honestly already exhausted. I know everyone tells you not to think it'll be an easy journey, but tell me why I came in on my first day, thinking it was going to be a stride in the park only to come home with my hopes and dreams crushed. :frown: I really did take secondary school for granted. The current year 13's look so depressed, and I'm really hoping that won't be me in a years time. That being said, I like the fact that everyone just get's on with their own work and does their own thing, there's no judgement!

But anyways, you guys should've seen the shock on my face when I first received my timetable, not only do i have double periods, but most days I have triple maths (as i do further maths). Honestly I don't know what i expected, but 3 hours of back to back maths is just horrifying. Also, I have 4 free periods throughout a fortnight, yay me! But me, having the worst luck ever, landed three all in one day (nice time to catch up on lost sleep though). Everyday I have a 9:30am start, which is annoying because my friends in other schools have full days off and i'm here waking up at 7am everyday :angry: I just love torturing myself don't I?

Oh and my classes seem very boring, maybe that's just because it's awkward as nobody really knows eachother. Hopefully that awkward phase disappears soon because I really can't handle it. Chemistry is probably my favourite subject so far, however I expect that to change as the content gets harder. Economics is honestly so boring, i'm considering changing it although there's really not another subject i'm interested in, except computer science, which is sadly full :frown: (my luck is just great isn't it?)

Spoiler

likes to procrastinate
Describes themselves as lazy
Uses the first half of a quote and wants us to finish it off…

Spoiler

…How have I never seen this before? This sounds like me verbatim.

Spoiler

(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest