The Student Room Group

Law degree q

I’m starting uni on 27th September and doing a law degree (LLB) at Uclan - I’m sooooo nervous for it tho do you guys have any tips ❤️
Thanks soooo much for the advice it means a lot - what does tutorials consist of and I’m really worried about how hard it’s gonna be 😭
Reply 2
yes, i agree with the above advice. never needed to buy a textbook in my life; plus you don't 'have to' read the recommended ones on the reading list necessarily, so long as you learn the required information from somewhere.

you don't have to read everything (!) on the reading list. they give you a laundry list of options; you just have to pick and choose a few articles or whatever on various subjects.

be aware that law is largely self taught (like 90% of it). this was something i was not expecting and inevitably disappointed when i found out.

unless money is no object don't feel you need to spend the £50 on a law society membership unless you're hoping to one day become president. most members i talked to said it was basically useless and you're only buying a sweatshirt; plus there will be other societies to join that cost only £5 that are just, if not more, valuable.

if you have good attendance and your lecturers know you you're better off cuz they can vouch for you in the future if you need help. not saying you should suck up or anything but don't be invisible :yy:

if you have any physical/mental disabilities do not be afraid to contact the well-being and/or disability department early on cuz they can put adjustments in for you if you have medical evidence (doctor's note).
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending