The Student Room Group

Effective way to loose weight?

I've gained a huge amount of weight during quarantine and am currently around 66kg, and I'm 5'2 or 5'3 so I've been incredibly insecure about myself and even though I know I'm beautiful in my own way, everyone is, I feel like I'd be way happier If I lost weight and returned to my original weight, which was 58kg or so.

I keep gaining weight because I'm always so hungry. I eat even though I don't need to. Any effective ways to loose weight?
Original post by peepoo123
I've gained a huge amount of weight during quarantine and am currently around 66kg, and I'm 5'2 or 5'3 so I've been incredibly insecure about myself and even though I know I'm beautiful in my own way, everyone is, I feel like I'd be way happier If I lost weight and returned to my original weight, which was 58kg or so.

I keep gaining weight because I'm always so hungry. I eat even though I don't need to. Any effective ways to loose weight?

Calorie deficit achieved through diet & exercise.
Reply 2
How old are you?

Calculate your required calorie deficit. Achieve it through it and exercise. Ensure what you do eat consists of healthy, balanced meals and stay hydrated.
Reply 3
Original post by Surnia
How old are you?

Calculate your required calorie deficit. Achieve it through it and exercise. Ensure what you do eat consists of healthy, balanced meals and stay hydrated.

Thank you! And I'm 15.
Reply 4
when i lost weight i kept it fairly simple. ate whatever i wanted to before 5pm and then after that time just ate a salad (green salad, vinaigrette, little bit of parmasen cheese). only drank water and coffee. didn't feel deprived or like it was hard or anything cuz i still enjoyed 'bad' foods on a daily basis (pizza and stuff) but obv my calorie intake was automatically less cuz me eating salad after 5pm when my metabolism is slower and you're slowing down for bed. highly recommend! (i suppose tho you do have to enjoy salad lol i love it :h:) oh yeah, didn't eat snack foods but that was never a staple in my diet.
Reply 5
Original post by Joleee
when i lost weight i kept it fairly simple. ate whatever i wanted to before 5pm and then after that time just ate a salad (green salad, vinaigrette, little bit of parmasen cheese). only drank water and coffee. didn't feel deprived or like it was hard or anything cuz i still enjoyed 'bad' foods on a daily basis (pizza and stuff) but obv my calorie intake was automatically less cuz me eating salad after 5pm when my metabolism is slower and you're slowing down for bed. highly recommend! (i suppose tho you do have to enjoy salad lol i love it :h:) oh yeah, didn't eat snack foods but that was never a staple in my diet.

i didn't know that your metabolism slows down later in the day, thanks for telling me! i'll make sure to keep this in mind. :biggrin:
Reply 6
Thank you! And I'm 15.

Then be careful as your body is still growing and developing, so you will naturally put on some weight. Don't cut down too much on what you eat as just day-to-day living needs a basic number of calories.

If you often feel hungry, look at the types of meals you eat. Protein will help you feel fuller, and don't have unhealthy snacks between meals; fruit, nuts, cheese, raw vegetable sticks are alternatives to overly-processed sugary foods.

Are your family aware of your aim? Will they support you and help with planning what to eat?
Reply 7
Original post by Surnia
Then be careful as your body is still growing and developing, so you will naturally put on some weight. Don't cut down too much on what you eat as just day-to-day living needs a basic number of calories.

If you often feel hungry, look at the types of meals you eat. Protein will help you feel fuller, and don't have unhealthy snacks between meals; fruit, nuts, cheese, raw vegetable sticks are alternatives to overly-processed sugary foods.

Are your family aware of your aim? Will they support you and help with planning what to eat?

yeah, i'll make sure to do so!

and thanks! i'll try to eat some fruit instead of snacking on some chips.

and yeah, my mom and my aunt is quite aware. my mom has been nudging @ me to loose weight anyways so i think she'd be able to help.
Reply 8
yeah, i'll make sure to do so!

and thanks! i'll try to eat some fruit instead of snacking on some chips.

and yeah, my mom and my aunt is quite aware. my mom has been nudging @ me to loose weight anyways so i think she'd be able to help.

Also remember a healthy rate of weight loss is up to 1kg a week. 'Up to'; it won't always be that. Don't obsess over weighing yourself every day; once a week is fine. Take it slow and steady, still have the occasional treat and all the best!
Reply 9
Original post by Surnia
Also remember a healthy rate of weight loss is up to 1kg a week. 'Up to'; it won't always be that. Don't obsess over weighing yourself every day; once a week is fine. Take it slow and steady, still have the occasional treat and all the best!

alright, thank you so much! :biggrin:
Reply 10
Exercise and calorie deficit, that’s all there is to it really

Quick Reply

Latest