The Student Room Group

Starting A-Level Maths

Hi, I start A-Level Maths this week and i’m really scared about starting it because i’ve feel like i’ve forgotten everything I learnt at GCSE. Can anyone tell me, does A-Level Maths begin off very easy and are recaps in depth? Also a lot of sixth forms require a grade 6 at GCSE math to do A-Level Maths does that mean you need the knowledge of a grade 6 student to do maths, I know it’s a dumb question but it would help calm me down a lot 😂 I’m really scared about starting A-Level Maths tommorow, if anyone could also tell me some things I should do some quick recap on today before starting the course that would be great.
Reply 1
They recap some GCSE topics that you need with you and then they start going more in depth into the A level spec so it starts easy. Don’t worry about it until ur doing it and ur struggling.
Hey there, I've also started doing AS maths and this is 1st/2nd week in, and I also was quite intimidated by the content we started. I also felt like all the IGCSE content has left me. I realised doing a bit of refresher or looking at examples really do help. What topics have your class started/doing? If you have done relatively well in your GCSEs then it's all good to go. Just recap and you are all set.

Quick Reply

Latest