The Student Room Group

Computer science application Cambridge

Hi everyone,

When applying to Cambridge for Computer Science do I need to sit the CSAT and (C)TMUA or just TMUA?

It is really confusing me as on the website it says you only need TMUA and only some colleges require another assessment and hopefully someone can clear it up for me

Thanks
The pre-interview assessment (TMUA) is required for all applicants. Some colleges will require you to also sit an at-interview assessment (the CSAT).
Reply 2
I am applying to cambridge for computer science but I am a little confused on the entrance exams
Is the CTMUA same as TMUA?
And do I have to sit CSAT or is it just some colleges that require it?
@youngnugget I've already answered your first thread, please try to avoid making new ones :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by youngnugget
I am applying to cambridge for computer science but I am a little confused on the entrance exams
Is the CTMUA same as TMUA?
And do I have to sit CSAT or is it just some colleges that require it?

There is a 'TMUA' exam for other university. It is not same as CTUMA of Cam.
Original post by dongdie
There is a 'TMUA' exam for other university. It is not same as CTUMA of Cam.

While that has historically been correct, Cambridge now use the standard TMUA for Computer Science admissions. See here for details.
Reply 6
What is the best way to prepare for the TMUA for free? I really find Paper 2 to be confusing and would appreciate any advice/tips. For a little background, I do take Further Maths and I am applying to Homerton College for 2022 entry.
Reply 7
This video gave some useful opinions about CSAT both from the applicants side and the interviewer side.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31KpsY7m3bw&t=1607s&ab_channel=FrankStajanoExplains

Professor Stajano is CS professor from Trinity college.
Reply 8
Original post by Chizu02
What is the best way to prepare for the TMUA for free? I really find Paper 2 to be confusing and would appreciate any advice/tips. For a little background, I do take Further Maths and I am applying to Homerton College for 2022 entry.

Try watching worked videos on yourube on the papers but I have to admit there very cahlleging
Does Robinson college require CSAT?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending