irismcnab
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Like its kinda fun and gratifying to fill the little goals it sets but i don't see how u could ever even learn to speak/listen to mandarin with it, let alone write the language.
It doesn't feel hard enough to actually be working lol
xxx0xxxo
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I learn Korean there and find duolingo isn't enough on its own. It's good for learning vocab and refreshing my memory so i do it often, but you'll need to practice speaking and detailed grammar elsewhere. I have 2-3 apps for Korean each have different methods but altogether i's a good challenge.
irismcnab
Rep:
?
(Original post by xxx0xxxo)
I learn Korean there and find duolingo isn't enough on its own. It's good for learning vocab and refreshing my memory so i do it often, but you'll need to practice speaking and detailed grammar elsewhere. I have 2-3 apps for Korean each have different methods but altogether i's a good challenge.
thanks that makes sense - do u use lingq? that seems like it might be good and has a heavy emphasis on listening/ immersion
xxx0xxxo
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by irismcnab)
thanks that makes sense - do u use lingq? that seems like it might be good and has a heavy emphasis on listening/ immersion
Nope is that for Chinese? I use Memrise and watch a lot of TV series in the language I’m learning, it’s great practice
tinygirl96
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I do French and am toying with adding in another language. While it is a tool in its own right I found that I needed to supplement with extra lessons privately in order to get in speaking practice. Do use it but also find a tutor as well.
irismcnab
Rep:
?
(Original post by xxx0xxxo)
Nope is that for Chinese? I use Memrise and watch a lot of TV series in the language I’m learning, it’s great practice
i think u can use lingq for korean as well not sure tho
yeah ill try find some chinese tv as well - do u watch it with subtitles in korean or english or none?
my friend seems to have become almost fluent in korean in the last few years largely through kpop lol. Or maybe that's just her inspiration - she also works in a korean restaurant, run korean club at skl and texts other kpop fans in korean lol
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling now you've started university?

I'm loving it! (51)
13.9%
I'm enjoying it but I'm still settling in (94)
25.61%
I'm a bit unsure (63)
17.17%
I'm finding things difficult (127)
34.6%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (32)
8.72%

Watched Threads