The Student Room Group

Any tips for getting good grades in BTEC Business Extended Diploma?

Hi there!

This is my first post here, so bare with me. I good amazing results for me (7s,8s,9s) in gcses, and am going to study btec level 3 business extended diploma. I know, why not do A-Levels, but I am just not interested in them.

So I have a few questions:

- How do you do well on assignments?

- Why did you choose btec over A levels?

- And What are your experiences?

Thankyou for answering and reading!
Original post by Beth-Hazel
Hi there!

This is my first post here, so bare with me. I good amazing results for me (7s,8s,9s) in gcses, and am going to study btec level 3 business extended diploma. I know, why not do A-Levels, but I am just not interested in them.

So I have a few questions:

- How do you do well on assignments?

- Why did you choose btec over A levels?

- And What are your experiences?

Thankyou for answering and reading!

Hey as someone who got D*DD on BTEC Business Level 3, it is vital you get triple Distinctions (DDD) for you to be accepted into great unis for courses like Law, Business etc. Just make sure to check uni requirements in which you want to go to and work hard to achieve them.
My best advice for you is to use previous distinction written assignments as a template to structure your work accordingly which will guarantee you get distinctions through all assignments on every unit. A lot of people get their templates from a website called Stuvia which you can go in and search BTEC Business Level 3 and search what unit and assignment for you to get great pre-written distinction work for your to use. Just don’t copy it you will get plagiarised but use it to structure your work.

Good luck and you can always PM me if you are looking for something more specific.
Reply 2
Original post by Shadow2020
Hey as someone who got D*DD on BTEC Business Level 3, it is vital you get triple Distinctions (DDD) for you to be accepted into great unis for courses like Law, Business etc. Just make sure to check uni requirements in which you want to go to and work hard to achieve them.
My best advice for you is to use previous distinction written assignments as a template to structure your work accordingly which will guarantee you get distinctions through all assignments on every unit. A lot of people get their templates from a website called Stuvia which you can go in and search BTEC Business Level 3 and search what unit and assignment for you to get great pre-written distinction work for your to use. Just don’t copy it you will get plagiarised but use it to structure your work.

Good luck and you can always PM me if you are looking for something more specific.

Hey, I’ve checked that website out and it keeps on showing nothing. Are there any other sites that I could refer to ?
Original post by Chealsy
Hey, I’ve checked that website out and it keeps on showing nothing. Are there any other sites that I could refer to ?

Hey, that's weird. Did you type " BTEC Business Level 3 Exploring Business Assignment 1" Or something like that?
Hey, that's weird. Did you type " BTEC Business Level 3 Exploring Business Assignment 1" Or something like that?

Hey!, I'm doing the same course a BTEC level 3 Business diploma and I want to consider doing law in university what best universities are there for a law degree that will accept this qualification?
Thank you.
Original post by sparktee21
Hey!, I'm doing the same course a BTEC level 3 Business diploma and I want to consider doing law in university what best universities are there for a law degree that will accept this qualification?
Thank you.

Hey, you can definitely get into law as one of my friends in this course got into Nottingham Trent for law. Trying aiming for DDD ( Distinction, Distinction, Distinction ) and you will be able to get into great Russell group uni for law. Just make sure to check the uni grade requirements and see if they accept the BTEC diploma. If you just type in best UK uni for law it will give you a ranked list for law unis out there.
Reply 6

I’m doing level 4! Are there any resources you’d recommend and any tips on getting a d
Original post by Chealsy
I’m doing level 4! Are there any resources you’d recommend and any tips on getting a d

Oh I see, I have no idea about level 4 unfortunately ☹️ only level 3
Reply 8
Hey, you can definitely get into law as one of my friends in this course got into Nottingham Trent for law. Trying aiming for DDD ( Distinction, Distinction, Distinction ) and you will be able to get into great Russell group uni for law. Just make sure to check the uni grade requirements and see if they accept the BTEC diploma. If you just type in best UK uni for law it will give you a ranked list for law unis out there.

Hey shadow,
Im doing btec business too and im wanting to go onto study law. Im just worried on how hard i would find it as im unsure if btecs even prepare you for how hard the degree is, how is your friend at notts trent finding it? Im worried that it will be too hard for me to handle

Quick Reply