The Student Room Group

Would my covid test still count?

I just did a lateral flow test as I need to before I go back to school, and the line at C was really pale, even after 30 minutes? There was no line at T so still allegedly negative but does it still count as the line was faint? I'll do another tomorrow just to be sure, but would it still count?

*THERE WAS NO POSITIVE LINE, BUT THE CONTROL LINE WAS PALE*
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 1
QQ
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by thrivingfrog
I just did a lateral flow test as I need to before I go back to school, and the line at C was really pale, even after 30 minutes? There was no line at T so still allegedly negative but does it still count as the line was faint? I'll do another tomorrow just to be sure, but would it still count?

Hi
Sounds like its a positive result with a slight faint line appearing ok,
I'm a NHS registered nurse who worked in ICU with covid19 patients.

Read your result
You will see the control line (C) begin to appear after about 4 minutes. You must wait 30 minutes before your result is ready.

Do not leave the test to develop for longer than 30 minutes as this will make the result void.

You must report all results to the NHS negative, positive and void.

Negative result
One line next to C shows the test is negative.

If there is a coloured smudge, this should be interpreted as a negative result.

If you get a negative result, it is likely that you were not infectious at the time the test was taken. A negative test result, however, is not a guarantee that you do not have coronavirus.

You must report this test result to the NHS.

If you test negative, you must continue to follow national and local rules and guidelines including regular handwashing, social distancing and wearing face coverings, where required.

If you test negative, you must continue to wear appropriate PPE, including a face mask, gloves and apron, and continue to follow IPC measures in line with your agency’s policy and in line with national policy. IPC measures remain important because the test is neither 100% sensitive nor 100% specific.

Positive result
Two lines, one next to C and one next to T, even faint lines, show the test is positive.

The positive line may be weak. You should hold the test strip up to the light and examine closely to feel confident of the result.

If you get a positive result, it means you are currently likely infected with coronavirus and risk infecting others.

You must report this test result to the NHS. When you report your result, you will be provided with further information on the next steps to take.

Please note, your results will be identified as a rapid lateral flow test result on the test message you will receive.

You must also report this test result immediately to your manager.

If your test result is positive, you and your household must self-isolate following government guidelines. You must not continue working.

In the case of a positive rapid lateral flow test result, you will need to complete a PCR test to confirm the positive result. You must self-isolate while awaiting the results of this confirmatory PCR test. You may have been provided with a PCR test to use in case of a positive result. Alternatively, you can order a PCR test online.

Void result
No lines or one line next to T means the test is void.

If you receive a void result, you should continue to work as normal and undertake another rapid lateral flow test on the next day.

You must report this void result to the NHS.
If there is one line at C that means its negative (I believe) if there is no T test and only one line. I'd take another to be sure
Wait let me reword it

Usually if you have a negative result, you have the top line and thats it yeah? Well I only had the top line but it was pale and there was a coloured smudge which the NHS website said I negative. When it's positive you have the top and bottom lines right? I only had the top one, like I would with any negative test
Original post by Allyson2020
Hi
Sounds like its a positive result with a slight faint line appearing ok,
I'm a NHS registered nurse who worked in ICU with covid19 patients.

Read your result
You will see the control line (C) begin to appear after about 4 minutes. You must wait 30 minutes before your result is ready.

Do not leave the test to develop for longer than 30 minutes as this will make the result void.

You must report all results to the NHS negative, positive and void.

Negative result
One line next to C shows the test is negative.

If there is a coloured smudge, this should be interpreted as a negative result.

If you get a negative result, it is likely that you were not infectious at the time the test was taken. A negative test result, however, is not a guarantee that you do not have coronavirus.

You must report this test result to the NHS.

If you test negative, you must continue to follow national and local rules and guidelines including regular handwashing, social distancing and wearing face coverings, where required.

If you test negative, you must continue to wear appropriate PPE, including a face mask, gloves and apron, and continue to follow IPC measures in line with your agency’s policy and in line with national policy. IPC measures remain important because the test is neither 100% sensitive nor 100% specific.

Positive result
Two lines, one next to C and one next to T, even faint lines, show the test is positive.

The positive line may be weak. You should hold the test strip up to the light and examine closely to feel confident of the result.

If you get a positive result, it means you are currently likely infected with coronavirus and risk infecting others.

You must report this test result to the NHS. When you report your result, you will be provided with further information on the next steps to take.

Please note, your results will be identified as a rapid lateral flow test result on the test message you will receive.

You must also report this test result immediately to your manager.

If your test result is positive, you and your household must self-isolate following government guidelines. You must not continue working.

In the case of a positive rapid lateral flow test result, you will need to complete a PCR test to confirm the positive result. You must self-isolate while awaiting the results of this confirmatory PCR test. You may have been provided with a PCR test to use in case of a positive result. Alternatively, you can order a PCR test online.

Void result
No lines or one line next to T means the test is void.

If you receive a void result, you should continue to work as normal and undertake another rapid lateral flow test on the next day.

You must report this void result to the NHS.

There was no positive line there that's what I mean.
Wait let me reword it

Usually if you have a negative result, you have the top line and thats it yeah? Well I only had the top line but it was pale and there was a coloured smudge which the NHS website said I negative. When it's positive you have the top and bottom lines right? I only had the top one, like I would with any negative test

Then that is negative. If you are concerned or want to be sure, take another one
Original post by flamingolover
Then that is negative. If you are concerned or want to be sure, take another one

Ok ty!
Wait let me reword it

There was no positive line there that's what I mean.

Its fine as easy to write wrong thing but with what you saying its negative but for peace of mind just redo it tomorrow morning before leaving for school as that way you can at least show then result.
The information is from the NHS website I posted on previous message. It's confusing if read incorrectly but hopefully tomorrow one will be better reading.
Enjoy school by the way.
Original post by Allyson2020
Its fine as easy to write wrong thing but with what you saying its negative but for peace of mind just redo it tomorrow morning before leaving for school as that way you can at least show then result.
The information is from the NHS website I posted on previous message. It's confusing if read incorrectly but hopefully tomorrow one will be better reading.
Enjoy school by the way.

OK thankyou

Quick Reply

Latest