A levels - carrying onto yr 13

Watch this thread
bck.
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Im not sure what to do. I take Philosophy and ethics, Sociology and Photography. Philsophy being my hardest A level as it is confusing and i need some time to process the content into my brain. I already made a decision to carrying onto yr 13 as ive dreaded yr 12 so much because i went through so much personally during that year.In my philosophy AQA mocks i got a U because i wasnt doing consistent revision and i was barely attending any lessons either.This summer i had to make a deicision whether to take two and a half a levels (which will not get me into the course i want to at uni- which is psychology in education), resit and do a btec ( honestly i do not want to put the effort in of going for two years more and process is much more complex as the btec requires me to do 3 days of coursework and 2 days of placement- with my medical condition that will not help because i need days off and the days are just consistent with coursework and ill probably having a load to catch up on and its most likely ill fail), carrying on with my a levels -with philosophy being my hardest one and its just the content is really confusing, with sociology i have to catch up on the work ive missed throughout college photography is loads of coursework but its fine because all together i got a D in photography, E in sociology and a U in philosophy. During this summer, i haven't revised at all because i was considering resitting with the btec and im starting to catch up on yr 12 content right now because i really want to put my head down this year and do the best that i can. I have not written my personal statement and i have yet not done anything for it. Theres still some doubt in my mind that im making the wrong decision, but with year 12- i passed knowing i had those personal difficulties during the year and without consistent revision. I really do want to get this year over with but theres just some doubt or anxiety telling me i cannot do it.
Squiggles1238
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 months ago
It sounds like you've been through a challenging time, with given the circumstances of the pandemic alone is enough to understand why. Its important to have more confidence in yourself and understand that this has just been a somewhat rough patch for you last year. It might help to talk to your teachers and tutor about what they think your best options might be for you, as they know how youve been working throughout the year, and they best know your capability.
Youve already highlighted some of your main problems at school last year- you didnt pay enough attention and you didnt revise enough, so you already know how to remedy your problems, and boost your grades in the progress
Last edited by Squiggles1238; 8 months ago
bck.
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
(Original post by Squiggles1238)
It sounds like you've been through a challenging time, with given the circumstances of the pandemic alone is enough to understand why. Its important to have more confidence in yourself and understand that this has just been a somewhat rough patch for you last year. It might help to talk to your teachers and tutor about what they think your best options might be for you, as they know how youve been working throughout the year, and they best know your capability.
Youve already highlighted some of your main problems at school last year- you didnt pay enough attention and you didnt revise enough, so you already know how to remedy your problems, and boost your grades in the progress
I had this bad friendship group at the time, i was hospitalised during the time aswell, im really motivated. Ive spoken to my coach and she thinks i can do this but my philosophy teacher thinks ill certainly fail but i want to prove him wrong. None of my other teachers said anything about it because they know that i was struggling.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA Combined Science - Biology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (40)
33.33%
The paper was reasonable (48)
40%
Not feeling great about that exam... (20)
16.67%
It was TERRIBLE (12)
10%

Watched Threads