The Student Room Group

Folders Folders Folders

im going into year 11 and i wanted to know if it's really that necessary to have a folder for each subject( for revision) i was thinking plastic wallets could be easier to function with but im really not too sure i am taking 2 btec subjects so i don't need as much folders as i would have if i were taking GCSE option subjects. I also would like tips for organisation on revision because i really don't know where to start lol
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 1
I would say it doesn’t really matter if you have a wallet, or a folder, but it is a much easier to find things easier in an organised folder, than in a wallet where you need to take things out first.

I would say make concise flash cards that correspond to every topic, and mark them so it’s clear which ones you will need for Paper 1 or 2. The same with notes, put them in the correct order in your folder. And really just do past papers, because they really show where you have gaps in your knowledge, but really do them in a way that you would do an exam in school. For English just get used to writing essays, plan them and get your teachers to mark them if you can. As to the other subjects don’t make flash cards about information that are obvious to you, because that just a waste of time, and will set up a mindset that you aren’t learning anything useful.
Reply 2
Original post by DIDINOW
I would say it doesn’t really matter if you have a wallet, or a folder, but it is a much easier to find things easier in an organised folder, than in a wallet where you need to take things out first.

I would say make concise flash cards that correspond to every topic, and mark them so it’s clear which ones you will need for Paper 1 or 2. The same with notes, put them in the correct order in your folder. And really just do past papers, because they really show where you have gaps in your knowledge, but really do them in a way that you would do an exam in school. For English just get used to writing essays, plan them and get your teachers to mark them if you can. As to the other subjects don’t make flash cards about information that are obvious to you, because that just a waste of time, and will set up a mindset that you aren’t learning anything useful.

thank you so much for your reply lol the thing is i can be quite forgetful when it comes to content so im not really too sure what to specifically revise do you think revising what the teacher has taught in the lesson would help or should i just focus mainly on the specification given from the exam board
Reply 3
Original post by maryannexo
thank you so much for your reply lol the thing is i can be quite forgetful when it comes to content so im not really too sure what to specifically revise do you think revising what the teacher has taught in the lesson would help or should i just focus mainly on the specification given from the exam board

You’re welcome.
From my experience teachers don’t always teach you everything you need to be taught. The specification saved me, because sometimes even text books omit (science mainly) some facts you are somehow expected to know . Maybe see with the next topic which one is more helpful.

Quick Reply

Latest