The Student Room Group

How do I go through the process of taking a gap year and reapplying to universities?

I'd like to take a gap year and reapply to some universities I applied to last year, as well as apply to some universities that I didn't apply to last year.

How do I go about doing this, logistically? Do I decline my firm on UCAS, or contact the uni, or something else?

After that, how would I start the UCAS process again for this coming year?

There are a ton of sites telling me about things I can do on my gap year, but I've not been able to find one that actually outlines the administrative process and logistics!!
Thanks for your help everyone! :smile:
Hi :smile:

If you have accepted an offer for 2021 entry, you will need to contact the university you hold the offer with so they can withdraw you from the course. If you have offers but have not made a decision on them yet, you just need to decline them. Only after you have withdrawn/declined offers for the 2021 application can you begin a 2022 application. Applying for 2022 will be the same process as last year, however you will need to update your personal statement and contact your college/sixth form/recent teacher for a reference (they will likely ask for you to link the school to your application so they can add your reference).

Hope this helps
Reply 2
Thanks so much grey-giraffe!
I hadn't accepted the offer yet, so all I had to do was decline them : )
My school got back to me, and they've sent me the code to connect to their system now.
Now it's time to worry about personal statements again, yay!!

Cheers again for your help :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending