The Student Room Group

Oxford Archaeology and Anthropology Applicants 2022

Hi everyone,
There doesn’t seem to be a thread for this yet! So here we are…

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JohnnyD888
Hi everyone,

what college are you applying to? :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by azby1098
what college are you applying to? :smile:

I’m not quite sure yet. I was thinking either St Hugh’s or Magdalen. How about you?
Hi all! Anyone else thinking of applying to St Peter's? Also has anyone written the 500 word essay yet?
Reply 4
Original post by BelsieFox
Hi all! Anyone else thinking of applying to St Peter's? Also has anyone written the 500 word essay yet?

Not yet! Does it go in at the same time as the written work? I’m struggling to think of an idea that will stand out a bit.
Reply 5
I’m not quite sure yet. I was thinking either St Hugh’s or Magdalen. How about you?

I‘m thinking about St Hugh’s too!
Reply 6
Hello!

I am applying to Harris Manchester for Arch and Anth! I am a mature student who already has a degree, but wanting to have a career change.

How is everyone getting on with their essay?
Reply 7
Original post by Fogarty
Hello!

I am applying to Harris Manchester for Arch and Anth! I am a mature student who already has a degree, but wanting to have a career change.

How is everyone getting on with their essay?

Hiya!

I've applied to Harris Manchester too as a mature student! I've got a first draft for the essay, on the editing process now haha. What about you?
Reply 8
Anyone know if we also have to attach the written work coversheet for the material culture essay?
I've contacted where I applied (St Hugh's) and they have said that you do need one. They have also said to leave irrelevant sections blank (i.e. subject produced for). This may be different at the college you've applied for so I'd get in touch with them to check but if they don't respond before the deadline I'd attach one to be safe.
Reply 10
Original post by EthanZYates
I've contacted where I applied (St Hugh's) and they have said that you do need one. They have also said to leave irrelevant sections blank (i.e. subject produced for). This may be different at the college you've applied for so I'd get in touch with them to check but if they don't respond before the deadline I'd attach one to be safe.

Great! Thanks Ethan :smile: Just sent mine off today. Hope everyone else is close to submitting/have submitted the essay already!
Submitted all my written work yesterday (quite last minute!) but it feels so good to have the application fully finished. Crazy to think that some of us will hear about interviews by the end of this month! I'm not holding out too much hope for myself but I hope it all goes well for everyone!
Reply 12
Submitted all my written work yesterday (quite last minute!) but it feels so good to have the application fully finished. Crazy to think that some of us will hear about interviews by the end of this month! I'm not holding out too much hope for myself but I hope it all goes well for everyone!

Completely agree! Wishing everyone the best for their applications :smile:
Reply 13
Has anyone heard back about an interview?
Original post by mjaw95
Has anyone heard back about an interview?

No, but Arch and Anth are usually one of the last decisions to come out. I think we'll be waiting until at least the 28th and into early December
Reply 15
Hi everyone,

hey guys, has anyone received conformation that their written work has been received? I sent mine in last week by the deadline but I didn't receive any emails to say that they have it so im kinda worried ahah. also has anyone got an interview yet? xx
Original post by kira003
hey guys, has anyone received conformation that their written work has been received? I sent mine in last week by the deadline but I didn't receive any emails to say that they have it so im kinda worried ahah. also has anyone got an interview yet? xx

I did receive a confirmation of my written work but it depends on the college. I saw somewhere that you won't necessarily get a confirmation email for your written work but that's not to say they haven't received it! I wouldn't worry xxx
Reply 17
I did receive a confirmation of my written work but it depends on the college. I saw somewhere that you won't necessarily get a confirmation email for your written work but that's not to say they haven't received it! I wouldn't worry xxx

ohh okay that makes sense! which college did you apply to? i applied to Hertford :smile:
Original post by kira003
ohh okay that makes sense! which college did you apply to? i applied to Hertford :smile:

I did an open application and was assigned Keble which I'm pretty happy with because I liked the look of it! Out of curiosity, what did you do your 500 word essay on roughly? I had one idea for mine and just kind of ran with it but I think it was a bit of a random one
Reply 19
I did an open application and was assigned Keble which I'm pretty happy with because I liked the look of it! Out of curiosity, what did you do your 500 word essay on roughly? I had one idea for mine and just kind of ran with it but I think it was a bit of a random one

ahh that's cool! yeah keble is so pretty! i did mine on the role of symbolic material culture through the ages. what about you?

Quick Reply

Latest