The Student Room Group

Regarding student finance fundings

I heard that student finance funding only covers four years. I changed my course twice already so i already used up two years and i have recently failed my second course as well. I'm looking into a three year course but that would add up to five years. Could student finance pay for the fifth year. Also if not possible am i supposed to pay the 9,000 pounds upfront.
Original post by banyazmaz
I heard that student finance funding only covers four years. I changed my course twice already so i already used up two years and i have recently failed my second course as well. I'm looking into a three year course but that would add up to five years. Could student finance pay for the fifth year. Also if not possible am i supposed to pay the 9,000 pounds upfront.

That's not quite accurate. Student Finance funds: the length of your course + 1 gift year minus any previously funded years.

3 years (new course length) + 1 gift year - 2 years (previously funded) = 2 years of funding remaining.

Student Finance requires you to self-funded Year 1 of your new course, with Student Finance resuming for Year 2. You can sort out a payment plan with your university for your tuition fees.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending