boiwthboi
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey guys, i know that universities are releasing timetables quite late but i found my timetable on QMPlus. You just log into your QMPlus and click on the four rectanlge/square things in the top right and in the drop down menu it gives you the option to view 'my timetable'.

I'm studying Biochemistry and its a bit more packed than i expected it to be, and i dont have any days off 😩 I don't know if this is our official timetable, because i expected it to be formatted a bit different. i think they will release our timetable via email a week before we start... idk tho
Last edited by boiwthboi; 1 month ago
Ten-Ten
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by boiwthboi)
Hey guys, i know that universities are releasing timetables quite late but i found my timetable on QMPlus. You just log into your QMPlus and click on the four rectanlge/square things in the top right and in the drop down menu it gives you the option to view 'my timetable'.

I'm studying Biochemistry and its a bit more packed than i expected it to be, and i dont have any days off 😩 I don't know if this is our official timetable, because i expected it to be formatted a bit different. i think they will release our timetable via email a week before we start... idk tho
I have Wednesdays off and I think Tuesday is online as there’s no location for my lessons. But my timetable is quite weird in general, I’ve never had a lesson end at 6pm before
boiwthboi
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ten-Ten)
I have Wednesdays off and I think Tuesday is online as there’s no location for my lessons. But my timetable is quite weird in general, I’ve never had a lesson end at 6pm before
6pm!!!!! WHAT! THATS CRAZY! the latest my lessons finish is 4pm. and i only have thursday of the first week off
i agree the timetable is quite weird, i thought it would have some sort of repetitive weekly structure but my lecture finish and start at different times each week. it also is written that i have a test ever monday... 😒
The location is shown on my timetable for in person lectures, and if the lecture is online it is highlighted ina different colour and says 'online seminar/workshop/lecture'
what course are you studying?
Last edited by boiwthboi; 1 month ago
Ten-Ten
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
6pm!!!!! WHAT! THATS CRAZY! the latest my lessons finish is 4pm. and i only have thursday of the first week off
i agree the timetable is quite weird, i thought it would have some sort of repetitive weekly structure but my lecture finish and start at different times each week. it also is written that i have a test ever monday... 😒
The location is shown on my timetable, im viewing it from a laptop so maybe if you have a smaller screen you just need to scroll over.
what course are you studying?
Yeah when I first saw it I almost cried. Nah like every other day has a location except Tuesdays so it might be online but idk.

Yeah I thought the timetable would be repetitive but I guess not. I’m studying mathematics with finance and accounting and I thought it would be a balance of both however most of my timetable is maths lessons so that’s confusing
Last edited by Ten-Ten; 1 month ago
boiwthboi
Rep:
?
Yeah when I first saw it I almost cried. Nah like every other day has a location except Tuesdays so it might be online but idk.

Yeah I thought the timetable would be repetitive but I guess not. I’m studying mathematics with finance and accounting and I thought it would be a balance of both however most of my timetable is maths lessons so that’s confusing
similar thing here. mostof my lectures are about bio. i guess its to do with the modules and the order theyre teaching us them. i wish they would just already send an email explaining our timetable and course and modules etc.

i also got a few 9ams which im DREADING, but at least i close to the campus.
Ten-Ten
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
similar thing here. mostof my lectures are about bio. i guess its to do with the modules and the order theyre teaching us them. i wish they would just already send an email explaining our timetable and course and modules etc.

i also got a few 9ams which im DREADING, but at least i close to the campus.
Yeah. Rather than them sending emails that I can’t really do anything with it

I have 2 9ams but unluckily for me I’m not near campus
boiwthboi
Rep:
?
guys download the qmul app on your phone - it has everything. your timetable, your exam timetable, mysis, library services, a map, desk availability (to book a study space) and more
Jeneh73949
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

Same
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago

Whilst I don't go to QMUL, I have found that University timetables well at least in the UK change frequently and whilst they might have a little structure this isn't always guaranteed especially if your doing a joint degree or have classes from multiple departments which makes planning ahead difficult but it does make you keep checking your timetable especially for room changes!

You'll have more mathematics classes because that is the bulk of your degree with your finance and accounting being a subset specialty which you'll probably find that in the spring semester or 2nd year and above you'll have more of these as first year is getting everyone to the same speed and knowledge level.

As someone who is currently overseas in the US on a study abroad their timetables are like school where its the same week in week out making planning much easier
Ten-Ten
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Whilst I don't go to QMUL, I have found that University timetables well at least in the UK change frequently and whilst they might have a little structure this isn't always guaranteed especially if your doing a joint degree or have classes from multiple departments which makes planning ahead difficult but it does make you keep checking your timetable especially for room changes!

You'll have more mathematics classes because that is the bulk of your degree with your finance and accounting being a subset specialty which you'll probably find that in the spring semester or 2nd year and above you'll have more of these as first year is getting everyone to the same speed and knowledge level.

As someone who is currently overseas in the US on a study abroad their timetables are like school where its the same week in week out making planning much easier
Thank you
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Guys, how do you login into your QMPlus account? I don't know where to find my login details
astronerd
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Guys, how do you login into your QMPlus account? I don't know where to find my login details
It's your IT username (e.g. xy12345) and your QM email/outlook password. Don't worry they didn't make it very clear what your QMplus login actually is lol
Catherine1973
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I have had 4-6 lectures before at Qmul so it’s normal -the calendar is 9-6 so they can slot stuff in anytime

What is weird is things changing slots? I mean often you may have something every other week but usually always at same slot.

Be hard to arrange say a part time job if timetable keeps changing every week!

(I managed nothing before 11 in first year and nothing before 10 last year, which was online anyway )
Jawsaw
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
HI guys, I still haven't received any details about my QMUL email. I'm a new first year. Term meant to start tomorrow and I have no way of accessing QMplus/timetable so I'm kinda anxious.

Anyone else have this issue, or am I missing something?
Catherine1973
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Have you enrolled? Do you have access to mysis to check status there?
Jawsaw
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Catherine1973)
Have you enrolled? Do you have access to mysis to check status there?
Yes I’m fully enrolled and I have picked up my ID
Jawsaw
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Jawsaw)
Yes I’m fully enrolled and I have picked up my ID
I can login to mysis but not my QMUL email or qmplus since I haven’t been given any details about my email.
Catherine1973
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Then I suppose contact it services to get your details resent -mine were sent to my home email per mysis.

Username for qmplus starts ltxxxxx if that helps?
Catherine1973
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
https://www.its.qmul.ac.uk/support/helpdesk/index.html
Jawsaw
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Thanks for your help. Will contact the IT service desk.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your education been disrupted this academic year due to the pandemic?

Yes (125)
86.81%
No (19)
13.19%

Watched Threads