The Student Room Group

I feel trapped

So basically I've really messed my legs up and can't get to the route of the problem, I am a keen runner so obviously that's where I've damaged my legs but I am now stuck with on-going pain which won't go away and recently it's beginning to ruin my life.

I had to quit my warehouse job because my legs felt like they were on the verge of breaking (one morning I woke up and it took me minutes to get down the stairs and in the end I called up my boss and said I can't continue working anymore) and now I find myself sitting at home unable to do anything and I am beginning to get really depressed. I have learning difficulties so manual labor is the only job I am capable of doing and as I've stated above because of my legs I can no longer do that. (I have tried non manual labour jobs in the past and I always get fired for not picking up quickly enough)

I've tried reaching out to friends and they are always busy, I've watched lots of movies, played video games, browsed the web, watched documentaries, watched educational programs and I am sick of it all, I am sick of having nothing to do. And no I don't want to find a good book to read :/

At the start of this year I had a job and was saving up money, was doing really well with my running and now I have no job, can't run and have no life and in all honesty I feel like a boomer because I don't do anything and depression is really beginning to hit me. I did think of doing volunteer work but my legs have got to a point where they are so messed up that any sort of walking and standing results in them getting worse.

Just don't know what to do. Needed to rant somewhere, sorry.
Reply 1
May i ask if you’ve gone to a doctor yet, and have they given you any info about the future?
Reply 2
Original post by Bushel
May i ask if you’ve gone to a doctor yet, and have they given you any info about the future?

My doctors is one big joke, ever since covid it's been impossible to get an appointment. Covid is pretty much over with but it's still impossible, I will call up bang on 8AM when their lines open and I will be 100th+ in the queue and after waiting 40 minutes the automated bot will take me to call back later and hang up and when I call later all the appointments are taken and they tell me they are not allowed to book me one for another day. As I said it's a joke. (For two weeks in a row every day from Monday to Friday I called at 8 and eventually I got fed up and stopped because I wasn't getting anywhere)

I've been to the walk in centre a handful of times and at first they told me it sounds like shin splints but I've tried everything you do when you have shin splints so I really don't think it's that, especially as I am now getting lower back pain and for no reason I started getting pain in my left leg pain when I was a month and a half sitting out with doing no running and wasn't doing any physical activity, so I don't think it's shin splints, I also don't think I would be in this much pain if it was. I've had sciatica in the past so I think it's that returning but as it's impossible to get a scan I feel stuck waiting.

And at the walk in centre they're not allowed to book a scan for me or a blood test and they tell me to get an appointment with my doctor to which I explain that I am at the walk in centre because it's impossible to get an appointment, so I keep going around in circles. Honestly the only way my doctors could be rated as good if it was slap bang in the middle of Afghanistan.
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest