The Student Room Group

2021/22 Detective Constable Met Police Grad Scheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Student0786
Before they transfer your vetting form to the external team, the internal team would contact you via email to fill in missing information, if there is any missing information.

Thank you.
I am a bit on the older side of things so a lot more history to remember and I little worried I miss one of two things but its good to know vetting will call if anything is missing.
How long did it take your SMT and DNA test results to come back to you?

I haven't really got it back, they haven't stated any problems either. All I know is they gave me a start date subject to References.
I submitted my medical documents without the GP Signature, and had passed my medical without needing to get a GP to sign the document for me. I think GP signature is currently on a waiver so you’re able to go in without a signature from your GP.

I submitted today without GP signed. Thank you for your advice. Was very helpful.
How long does it take to hear about day 2 results? I meant role play exercises or next steps.
Original post by MR1506
I submitted today without GP signed. Thank you for your advice. Was very helpful.
How long does it take to hear about day 2 results? I meant role play exercises or next steps.

You wouldn’t really get the results for your Role play exercises. If you’ve failed your role play you’d receive an email on the day of completing your day 2 that your Assessment isn’t going to follow through. As long as you used your time during the role play exercises carefully you should be good.

Your pre employment checks (medical, dna, smt,) can take up to 6 weeks to receive full results. Your vetting can take up to 8-12 weeks once it’s been moved to the external team. Vetting process is different for everyone though.

If you’ve passed your role play exercise, fitness and fingerprint tests, you should see your portal updated, and would receive a conditional offer which is valid if your pre employment checks pass successfully. You shouldn’t need to stress at this stage it’s just patience tbh.
(edited 1 year ago)
What did everyone end up wearing to the fitness/medical centre? I assume it is not business wear, I have to attend on Thursday and am clueless on what to arrive in. I know I need to bring my activewear, but will turning up in jeans be too casual? thank you in advance
Original post by Cat9859
What did everyone end up wearing to the fitness/medical centre? I assume it is not business wear, I have to attend on Thursday and am clueless on what to arrive in. I know I need to bring my activewear, but will turning up in jeans be too casual? thank you in advance

I was wearing shorts and trainer throughout the day. Went to do role play and fitness etc. you aren’t going to score anything by wearing suits to be honest. Saw most of the people had truck suits and trainers.
Original post by Cat9859

Shorts and Tshirt. Its hot in there so go in something thats going to be comfortable. They do blood pressure at some point too so you want something that easy to get that monitor on.
Original post by Cat9859

It's going to be really hot on Thursday - so wear sports kit. JRFT is the last thing, so you're not going to be sitting around sweaty for the other things. If you want to bring other clothes and have a shower after - do that rather than wear jeans and change.

Just make sure you bring plenty of water and some food as you probably won't be allowed to wander around to get some.

If it's all happening at Kennington, it shouldn't be so bad - but if you have to go to ESB as well then bear in mind how hot it will be outside.
Hi All,

Apologies if it has already been asked in this thread, but is anyone else on the 27/06/2022 Met Police DHEP DC intake?

I am moving from North Wales to Gimour Section House in London on 20/06; it would be great to link in with those on my intake.

Many thanks!
Original post by Trinculo
It's going to be really hot on Thursday - so wear sports kit. JRFT is the last thing, so you're not going to be sitting around sweaty for the other things. If you want to bring other clothes and have a shower after - do that rather than wear jeans and change.

Just make sure you bring plenty of water and some food as you probably won't be allowed to wander around to get some.

If it's all happening at Kennington, it shouldn't be so bad - but if you have to go to ESB as well then bear in mind how hot it will be outside.

Hello! I am booked in to do my fitness first at 10am so hopefully by then it should still be cool-ish (I am praying for air-con!), I went for a run today as it was 23 degrees where I live and I must say it was harder than normal! Thank you for the tips I went and brought an outfit today that isn't jeans!
Original post by Cat9859
Hello! I am booked in to do my fitness first at 10am so hopefully by then it should still be cool-ish (I am praying for air-con!), I went for a run today as it was 23 degrees where I live and I must say it was harder than normal! Thank you for the tips I went and brought an outfit today that isn't jeans!

Good luck.
Original post by MEITANTEI123
I haven't really got it back, they haven't stated any problems either. All I know is they gave me a start date subject to References.

Does your dna / smt say passed or “your sample is in our lab for testing” at this current moment, after receiving your start date? I had contacted them today and they’ve said there’s nothing on file about my dna / smt but it could mean that they’ve passed and wouldn’t update until I get my vetting back from the external team.
Does your dna / smt say passed or “your sample is in our lab for testing” at this current moment, after receiving your start date? I had contacted them today and they’ve said there’s nothing on file about my dna / smt but it could mean that they’ve passed and wouldn’t update until I get my vetting back from the external team.

I have never seen anything on my profile about dna/smt. I assumed that given I am being contacted to clear up some question regarding vetting, and its been quite a few weeks, that it all went well. I think they only contact you if you fail smt, for obvious reasons.
Original post by Bilbo1987
I have never seen anything on my profile about dna/smt. I assumed that given I am being contacted to clear up some question regarding vetting, and its been quite a few weeks, that it all went well. I think they only contact you if you fail smt, for obvious reasons.

Did your portal update to the conditional offer page? Which shows DNA- SMT and medical being reviewed? My page just says medical was passed and the other 2 are pending. However I contacted them and they said there’s nothing on file which means it could have been passed and just waiting for vetting to come back from external team to go through with a start date
Original post by Bilbo1987

Neither did I, in the portal says medical and vetting passed.
Neither did I, in the portal says medical and vetting passed.

My portal says “Thank you for attending your assessment. To progress your application, you will now need to complete any paperwork that you have been sent along with the online vetting form.
Many thanks”
Nothing changed since day 2. Does it change after few weeks?
Original post by MR1506
My portal says “Thank you for attending your assessment. To progress your application, you will now need to complete any paperwork that you have been sent along with the online vetting form.
Many thanks”

It changes soon after your day 2 has been completed
Original post by MR1506
Many thanks”

It will change once you complete the paperworks, then you get conditional offer subject to pre employment checks. This is only if you pass day 2 of course.
It will change once you complete the paperworks, then you get conditional offer subject to pre employment checks. This is only if you pass day 2 of course.

Which paperwork u meant? Availability form, reference form, vetting form etc right?
Original post by MR1506
Which paperwork u meant? Availability form, reference form, vetting form etc right?

Yes

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending