2021/22 Detective Constable Met Police Grad Scheme

Watch
brandon1596
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Submarine94)
Hey, they give you a list of dates to choose from ☺️
When will I know when I have passed my day 1 and 2 assessments?
Submarine94
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by brandon1596)
When will I know when I have passed my day 1 and 2 assessments?
It will be updated on your applicant portal and you should also receive an email about it too. If you don't see an update for a while, contact their recruitment team - they're super helpful
Last edited by Submarine94; 1 month ago
Elliot1999
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anya_94)
There is no availability on dates at the moment so as soon as they have they will text me to book. Should not be a long wait

Hopefully is not going to be long for you too for your day1!
Hi,

I am attending the Detective Bolt-On Assessment on Thursday (28th). Bit nervous but we will see! There is no mention of an in-person interview on the website just the 'in-tray exercise' and 'briefing exercise'. I don't suppose you know if there will be an in-person interview at all?
brandon1596
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Elliot1999)
Hi,

I am attending the Detective Bolt-On Assessment on Thursday (28th). Bit nervous but we will see! There is no mention of an in-person interview on the website just the 'in-tray exercise' and 'briefing exercise'. I don't suppose you know if there will be an in-person interview at all?
Is the detective assessment done online ? Also is there availability on the weekends ?
Elliot1999
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
It’s in person in London, when I had a look I can’t remember having availability on weekends but I’m not 100%
brandon1596
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
It’s in person in London, when I had a look I can’t remember having availability on weekends but I’m not 100%
I might have to quit my job then…..
Also, in the written exercise, did you write at the end “yours sincerely” PC etc… because I don’t think I did. Will that affect my score, and could I fail?
brandon1596
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Also What were the times that were available for the assessment
Elliot1999
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Also, in the written exercise, did you write at the end “yours sincerely” PC etc… because I don’t think I did. Will that affect my score, and could I fail?
I did sign it off with yours sincerely yeah, I’m not sure it’ll affect it that much that you could fail if the rest of it is good
Elliot1999
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Also What were the times that were available for the assessment
Well the assessment as a whole take approx 3 hours I think so I think the start times ranged from 9am-3pm
Submarine94
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I didn't write it because I ran out of time, but I still passed
Anya_94
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
UPDATE: Finally new dates for the bolt on have been released and booked mine for the 10th November, can't wait, it will be fun! 😊👍🏻

Good luck to everyone dealing with their next assessments!
ktwotsit31
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
When did you compete your VRT? As am waiting to book onto the Detective Bolt on also
Anya_94
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ktwotsit31)
When did you compete your VRT? As am waiting to book onto the Detective Bolt on also
I have completed mine on the 29/09 and got confirmation from recruitment I had passed on the 05/10. Keep an eye on your emails and portal but bear in mind people might be processed at different paces regardless of dates of completion of assessments. Also, there are minimum 4 routes of applying for the role which I believe it is also a determining factor.

You'll get there
brandon1596
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
UPDATE: Finally new dates for the bolt on have been released and booked mine for the 10th November, can't wait, it will be fun! 😊👍🏻

Good luck to everyone dealing with their next assessments!
What about people who are working ****ing full time !!!!
Anya_94
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
What about people who are working ****ing full time !!!!
No need to get agitated.
By looking at your previous posts the best I can advise you is to have patience, wait when things happen to you and do not compare to others.

Each stage is designed to be completed under specific circumstances and with specific skills to showcase your suitability for the role.

Working full time is the same situation of pretty much all applicants, changing job and going through processes is something everyone manages on top of current employments.
I myself have 2 jobs. Both in policing.

You can use annual leave to have your day off to book on to assessments if needed or simply ask your employer for advice.

By the look of your messages you are jumping stages when asking without being there yet. Have patience and go through stages one at the time.

Correct your approach to the process and get through it at your own pace without stressing out. It might be worth considering also if the job is really something you can cope with as it is stressful and requires high resilience.

Any other question free to inbox me if you need.
Last edited by Anya_94; 1 month ago
Anya_94
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hi,

Hello!

Doesn't look like the old-fashioned interview is a thing anymore as it has been re-designed and adapted utilising force competencies. The interview done in Day 1 should be the only one.

Good luck on the 28th!
Elliot1999
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hello!

Doesn't look like the old-fashioned interview is a thing anymore as it has been re-designed and adapted utilising force competencies. The interview done in Day 1 should be the only one.

Good luck on the 28th!
Thank you, and good luck to you! Hopefully it is a speedy reply time 😊
brandon1596
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
No need to get agitated.
By looking at your previous posts the best I can advise you is to have patience, wait when things happen to you and do not compare to others.

Each stage is designed to be completed under specific circumstances and with specific skills to showcase your suitability for the role.

Working full time is the same situation of pretty much all applicants, changing job and going through processes is something everyone manages on top of current employments.

You can use annual leave to have your day off to book on to assessments if needed or simply ask your employer for advice.

By the look of your messages you are jumping stages when asking without being there yet. Have patience and go through stages one at the time.

Correct your approach to the process and get through it at your own pace without stressing out. It might be worth considering also if the job is really something you can cope with as it is stressful and requires high resilience.

This job is something I can do, and I can respond to high resilience.
brandon1596
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
No need to get agitated.

Me getting annoyed isnt because I can’t deal with stress, it was just a one off. I’m emotionless when I type.
brandon1596
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
How did you fail your bolt on assessment ?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (13)
9.03%
Okay (43)
29.86%
A bit lacking (51)
35.42%
Not good at all (37)
25.69%

Watched Threads