Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I recently booked a studio with Unite Students but now I'm considering cancelling due to bad reviews. Do staff really walk into rooms unannounced, for example???
Dee-Emma
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I recently booked a studio with Unite Students but now I'm considering cancelling due to bad reviews. Do staff really walk into rooms unannounced, for example???
Not from my direct experience, nor anything reported in the chat for my block. Always emailed up front giving notice for checks, repairs, inspections etc. But Unite is a huge national company, and local situations may depend on local staff attitudes.
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Never had that happen when I lived there. Don't think staff ever even entered the flat except when there was a fire alarm in the flat (never happened in our flat, amazingly since one of my flatmates used to forget to turn the stove off after using it all the time), we had requested they do maintenance, during a flat inspection (which by law they have to give written notice of at least 24h in advance) or if someone had locked themselves out and they were being let in (this happened to me a lot lol).

I wouldn't say it was the best experience of my life as a renter but it certainly wasn't the worst As above though it might vary from property to property, city to city.
Last edited by artful_lounger; 1 month ago
ElvisTheLemon
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
There is an issue with the staff walking in unannounced at the unite flats I'm in , including one where a Residence Ambassador (who don't have references taken up and shouldn't be doing jobs which involve entering flats) had let themselves in, particularly alarmed at this as they didn't even have uniform or staff ID. Maintenance and reception staff have let themselves into the flat unaanounced at least twice a week since I moved in at the start of August. I've asked the site manager and reception staff for notification of visits but they've so far ignored my emails. Avoid Unite at all costs is my advice!
Last edited by ElvisTheLemon; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (218)
56.62%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (50)
12.99%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (44)
11.43%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (33)
8.57%
I haven't started researching yet (23)
5.97%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (17)
4.42%

Watched Threads