The Student Room Group

what to do for reference for UCAS?

if u were to apply independently how does the reference thing work as there’s no teachers to write it for you?
Ask your former school to provide one
You can either use your last school (assuming it was only a few years ago that you left) - just ask before you add the school contact details to your UCAS application. Or, you can just name someone else to write your reference - make sure its someone who can comment on your academic ability so not a friend or employer - and add their contact details, again just ask before you do this.
Reply 3
Original post by McGinger
You can either use your last school (assuming it was only a few years ago that you left) - just ask before you add the school contact details to your UCAS application. Or, you can just name someone else to write your reference - make sure its someone who can comment on your academic ability so not a friend or employer - and add their contact details, again just ask before you do this.

Sooo if there is no one else for an academic reference apart from my college, I’ll have to ask them? i used them twice already and feel awks asking for a third time :/
Original post by user929383
Sooo if there is no one else for an academic reference apart from my college, I’ll have to ask them? i used them twice already and feel awks asking for a third time :/

They'll likely just provide the same reference that they have on file. They won't mind :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Admit-One
They'll likely just provide the same reference that they have on file. They won't mind :smile:

would I apply through them again or just apply independently and ask them for reference??
would I apply through them again or just apply independently and ask them for reference??

Unless they give permission to use their current buzzword, you’d need to apply independently. You can ask them and they might be okay with it.

When my son was in this position (had left school 2 years previously) he applied independently which is easy enough but just emailed his head of sixth form asking if he could provide the reference which he did.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending